2022 UConn Football Commit WR Victor Rosa (Bristol CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit WR Victor Rosa (Bristol CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, is 14 the official number of unofficial commitments, or the unofficial number of unofficial commitments?
Really ? would have never known, ;)...Are you new to this, or for those new to this ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s been corrected…
I hear ya, was just mentioning it as a follow up to your post in the recruiting thread regarding 247 and them being disconnected, though it took Rivals awhile to get caught up recently too. Anyway welcome Victor.

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<<

-> Rosa had known for weeks that he’d be playing college football at UConn. He officially committed on June 24, but wanted to wait until July 14 to go public with it. Why? Thank his mom, Deanna, for that. “I wanted it to be special, so I chose [Wednesday] because it’s my mother’s birthday,” Rosa said. “I’ve been keeping it a secret. It’s been hard.” <-

-> “UConn was my first offer,” Rosa said. “They’ve been with me since day one. [Assistant coach] Corey Edsall has been hitting me up since day one, and we’ve built a good relationship. I definitely wanted to stay home, stay local. Where I went, I wanted to play off the bat and make an impact, the biggest impact possible. UConn felt like the right fit for that.” <-

You hear so many of our Pivot recruits talk about Corey being all over them from Day #1 and then closing strong. He deserves to have his salary at least doubled effective immediately!!!!
Fair is fair, he’s gotten the job done. It’s not nepotism when the dude, with strong contribution from other coaches, has taken us to a whole other level. But, make no mistake, he’s the common theme on so many of these guys.

Last edited:

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
You hear so many of our Pivot recruits talked about Corey being all over them from Day #1 and then closing strong. He deserves to have his salary at least doubled effective immediately!!!!
Fair is fair, he’s gotten the job done. It’s not nepotism when the dude, with strong contribution from other coaches, has taken us to a whole other level. But, make no mistake, he’s the common theme on so many of these guys.
100%! I've expressed the same sentiment previously. Scary, if we were to lose Corey to a much higher paying assistant job elsewhere. Do we have any other effective recruiters on the staff? I've heard some positives on Carrezola. Who else?

Reaction Score
I know first hand Corey is a difference maker. Makes the awful ethics board look like a bunch of idiots. Thank god we have him and he loves UConn. Welcome to this young man. He is going to do things here. Class keeps getting better and it feels awesome.

Reaction Score
Good basketball player too. Solid athlete.

Victor Rosa.jpg

Reaction Score
Victor, if I may, very cool thinking of your announcement date as a birthday present for your mother. She has earned it and more I'm sure. And you have too, congratulations and welcome. (And congratulations also on offers from all 3 service academies, that is impressive.)

Reaction Score

Forget Florida.... Check out this Clemson footage. Burners... Turn the volume up... "He's fast, alright he's fast.."

Welcome Victor. You can be a "hometown hero" if you fully package your skill with your attitude, drive and commitment. Be relentless and be very successful, at UConn and beyond.

Fast, great hands, run great routes, make sharp cuts, catch the ball wherever it's thrown, want to be good, and want to make UConn great again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Clemson camp video shows a player that is not just track fast, but plays fast. Lots of sharp cuts and crisp route running, which is quite impressive for a guy that has not played much if any WR in high school. With the right QB Rosa could be an immediate impact player. A quality slot receiver is a tremendous weapon that opens up the passing game and keeps drives going. I would also like to see him get a shot on punt and KO returns as the speed and cutting ability could result in some big plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom