Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The runner was in fair territory. It's clear as day.
Correct call....................terrible rule. The batter clearly had the throw beat, and would have been safe at 1st REGARDLESS of any possible interference. I bleed UConn blue, but Maryland got the short end of the stick.

Reaction Score
So did the announcers just claim that they shouldn't have made the call because it's the 8th inning and a two run game?? Lol! Wonder if they'd say the same if roles were reversed
They were so close to actually hitting on the issue and the reason for the call too. Talking about how Willis' throw was off line and went to the 2B backing up Huber. Wonder why that could have happened

Reaction Score
We need to be better. We are leading because we were gifted a 6 run first where we had one hit, we’ve only gotten 4 runs since against a team that is flat out of pitching and we’re now up by a call that, even if technically correct, took a lot of guts to make and where the guy could have crawled to first and been safe.

Could we please get some more runs? And then 3 outs?

I laugh at how much some complain about announcers, but these guys truly suck

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
On all calls like that the batter (who interfered) is out, dead play, runners return to prior base. It's been a rule for likely 140 years.
Thanks. Didn't realize that was the other half of the play at the higher levels too. I know it's like that at my kids softball level. Wasn't sure if it was a Major League rule too.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If there ever was a time for amenities, it is now. I want Willis to have some breathing room and I need it for my heart rate

Reaction Score
On all calls like that the batter (who interfered) is out, dead play, runners return to prior base. It's been a rule for likely 140 years.
I saw it called in another game this week and that was a much closer play. He had 2 feet running in the field of play. Not close.

Reaction Score
These announcers couldn't be more homers.

"You ever heard of runners lane interference?" Yes morons
“I understand it but I don’t agree with it”

Dude is straight up admitting he is a Homer wishing the empire would not call the game according to the rules of baseball

Reaction Score
We need to be better. We are leading because we were gifted a 6 run first where we had one hit, we’ve only gotten 4 runs since against a team that is flat out of pitching and we’re now up by a call that, even if technically correct, took a lot of guts to make and where the guy could have crawled to first and been safe.

Could we please get some more runs? And then 3 outs?

I laugh at how much some complain about announcers, but these guys truly suck

If they suck that bad, watch the game and listen to Chris Jones.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Come on Derps!!! Beat the Terps!!!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lets see if we can get one or two more runs back. UConn has given Maryland 4 Gift Runs, would be nice if Maryland could give UConn a couple. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom