Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If they suck that bad, watch the game and listen to Chris Jones.
I would but the radio is never close to being synched up with the broadcast. That makes it tough to do. That’s why I love when CJ calls the tv broadcast.

Reaction Score
As a high school umpire for over 35 years, I can unequivocally say that was an easy call to make, and the correct call. The box on the first base line that starts at 45 feet is the runners lane. The runner must have a least on foot on the foul line to be considered in that lane. The Maryland batter/runner clearly had both feet inside the foul line in fair territory and that altered the throw to the first baseman. The fact that the batter/runner collided with the first baseman has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is where the feet of the batter/runner are in running up the line. Dead ball, batter/runner out, all runners return. Easy call. The announcers sounded like they had absolutely no clue about this rule. The color commentator actually said, "I don't understand it". SMH. Plus, I think they missed it, but I believe Alleyne, the Maryland bater/runner was ejected by the home plate umpire.

Reaction Score
We need to be better. We are leading because we were gifted a 6 run first where we had one hit, we’ve only gotten 4 runs since against a team that is flat out of pitching and we’re now up by a call that, even if technically correct, took a lot of guts to make and where the guy could have crawled to first and been safe.

Could we please get some more runs? And then 3 outs?

I laugh at how much some complain about announcers, but these guys truly suck
These fans are awful

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
As a high school umpire for over 35 years, I can unequivocally say that was an easy call to make, and the correct call. The box on the first base line that starts at 45 feet is the runners lane. The runner must have a least on foot on the foul line to be considered in that lane. The Maryland batter/runner clearly had both feet inside the foul line in fair territory and that altered the throw to the first baseman. The fact that the batter/runner collided with the first baseman has absolutely nothing to do with it. It is where the feet of the batter/runner are in running up the line. Dead ball, batter/runner out, all runners return. Easy call. The announcers sounded like they had absolutely no clue about this rule. The color commentator actually said, "I don't understand it". SMH. Plus, I think they missed it, but I believe Alleyne, the Maryland bater/runner was ejected by the home plate umpire.
Absolutely the correct call. But given where the pitcher threw from I don't think the throw angle was altered. The runner was going to be in the way even if he was in the lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom