2022-2023 Record Prediction | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022-2023 Record Prediction

Reaction Score
How can you say you like our chances because you "Know" our freshmen will come along and the Starting 5 has experience and yet in the same sentence not apply those same rules to SC or Stanford ? Do we make the F4 last season if paige does not come back ? Nope . We dont have her this season and we like our chances because we are holding faith our freshmen come in and dominate . If they dont , then what ? If our transfer does not adjust as the media hype has started then what ?

I like the phrase but I don't see anyone but you using the word dominate. If they can come in and play enough for the starters to be fresh in the 4th period then that will be enough. But I expect to see more than that from them both. You apparently don't. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I like the phrase but I don't see anyone but you using the word dominate. If they can come in and play enough for the starters to be fresh in the 4th period then that will be enough. But I expect to see more than that from them both. You apparently don't. We'll see.
Not that i do not , i just do not believe in relying on freshmen to have an impact on our success. When that has been the case it's been with the likes of Maya Moore , Breanna Stewart etc. We don't have those types of freshmen at least to my awareness , so id rather not pile expectations versus waiting it out and seeing the development. Too much pressure could implode everyone on this team so why not start low and work the expectations as the season goes.

Reaction Score
Not that i do not , i just do not believe in relying on freshmen to have an impact on our success. When that has been the case it's been with the likes of Maya Moore , Breanna Stewart etc. We don't have those types of freshmen at least to my awareness , so id rather not pile expectations versus waiting it out and seeing the development. Too much pressure could implode everyone on this team so why not start low and work the expectations as the season goes.
I would be very surprised if the prognostications of old folks in a fan forum had any impact on the players or brought any increase in the pressure they feel. The feedback they get from Geno, CD, Jemelle, Morgan -- that's pressure they feel. And the immense outpouring of support they get from other students on campus.. Those things I suspect dominate their consciousness. That isn't license to speak harshly about anyone, of course. But I don't think we have to conceal our high hopes from them.

Reaction Score
The frosh bigs came here to PLAY.
I’m guessing that any butterflies they may feel will last, maybe, their first five minute sequence on the floor.
As we post, they are banging heads with Dorka and Aaliyah in practice ( no slouches)
To me the unknown quantity is Amari.
If she made strides in her offseason training regimen look out Boston, and I don’t mean the Beantown.
We’ll have 5 quality bigs to bang it out underneath.
We get hammered under the boards like last year against SC we lose again.
We even it up under the boards, we win.
Simple as that.

Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if the prognostications of old folks in a fan forum had any impact on the players or brought any increase in the pressure they feel. The feedback they get from Geno, CD, Jemelle, Morgan -- that's pressure they feel. And the immense outpouring of support they get from other students on campus.. Those things I suspect dominate their consciousness. That isn't license to speak harshly about anyone, of course. But I don't think we have to conceal our high hopes from them.
I would beg to differ history says they definitely read articles and online stuff after every game.

Reaction Score
I would beg to differ history says they definitely read articles and online stuff after every game.
Could be. But do you really think they read the BY?

Reaction Score
I'm probably going to change my mind in a couple weeks. But I feel a lot better after media day. I think the team wants to play to the standard UConn has set. Also Geno doesn't sound to worried. Lastly, I feel like the 19-20 team is one ppl point to as one that had a down year but they only had three losses. I don't think their ooc schedule was as hard, and of course UConn was not in the big east but still they pretty much won all the games you would expect them to win.
So I'm going to predict 3 losses, two during the season (Tennessee and DePaul) and then 1 in the final four. This is being pretty optimistic. A week ago I would've said 5 losses and an elite 8 appearance. I just believe in their roster and Geno. I actually don't think it will be that hard for Geno to rotate 9 ppl and each to fill out a specific role.

Reaction Score
So I'm going to predict 3 losses, two during the season (Tennessee and DePaul) and then 1 in the final four.
I like it -- you see us beating SC! I'm right there with you!

Who do you picture beating us in the FF? Or, more generally, who do we all predict will be in the FF? I'm going with Us (of course!), Georgia, ND, and Stanford.

Reaction Score
I'm probably going to change my mind in a couple weeks. But I feel a lot better after media day. I think the team wants to play to the standard UConn has set. Also Geno doesn't sound to worried. Lastly, I feel like the 19-20 team is one ppl point to as one that had a down year but they only had three losses. I don't think their ooc schedule was as hard, and of course UConn was not in the big east but still they pretty much won all the games you would expect them to win.
So I'm going to predict 3 losses, two during the season (Tennessee and DePaul) and then 1 in the final four. This is being pretty optimistic. A week ago I would've said 5 losses and an elite 8 appearance. I just believe in their roster and Geno. I actually don't think it will be that hard for Geno to rotate 9 ppl and each to fill out a specific role.
They're going to beat SC, Texas, NC St., ND on the road and in conference beat Creighton and Villanova twice each? And lose to ......... DePaul?

Reaction Score
They're going to beat SC, Texas, NC St., ND on the road and in conference beat Creighton and Villanova twice each? And lose to ......... DePaul?
Yup. Lol. I just think they'll drop a random game.

As far as beating SC, I just don't believe in their offense, especially on the road against us. I think we will be able to make 3s and hurt them on the perimeter.

Final four picks (Stanford, SC, Tennessee, UConn). Once again I'll probably change in a week. I was high on Texas until their Media day, as they almost seem like a team with too many pieces.

Reaction Score
Watch out for North Carolina wbb
Agreed! They are going to be a force to be reckoned with now tha Banghart is in charge! Her “rebuild” period is over and she is moving into her “top program” phase which will soon be followed by “elite” status.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom