2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually, it could be 4....

i find it interesting that her final eight doesn’t include either Middle Tennessee or Notre Dame which means that she’s okay not playing with any of her big sisters

Reaction Score
The Hayes sisters confuse me. I've never been a big fan of package deals because it's impossible to keep everyone happy. The elder Hayes leaving UT wasn't her choice and she is likely looking for a larger stage than MTSU. These young ladies could probably help a team who needs guards but I would proceed with caution brining a family in on the same team.

Reaction Score
The Hayes sisters confuse me. I've never been a big fan of package deals because it's impossible to keep everyone happy. The elder Hayes leaving UT wasn't her choice and she is likely looking for a larger stage than MTSU. These young ladies could probably help a team who needs guards but I would proceed with caution brining a family in on the same team.
Sometimes it works, especially at Stanford for both the men and women. The Jones sisters at Maryland worked out well too.

Reaction Score
Sometimes it works, especially at Stanford for both the men and women. The Jones sisters at Maryland worked out well too.

But, potentially 4 is a bit excessive. Especially when you’re only getting 1 year with the oldest sister. You must also consider they all play roughly the same positions and are all listed at 5’7 or shorter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Engstler (#9, 2018 Hoopgurlz) has transformed her fitness. Averaged almost a double-double this year. Plays taller than 6-1. At 37% from deep, can stretch the defense. She is capable of succeeding anywhere, but I could see her skill set fitting in seamlessly at a Louisville or Maryland (the latter, especially as she had 3 B10 schools in her final 5--Purdue, Ohio State, and Rutgers).

Reaction Score
Engstler (#9, 2018 Hoopgurlz) has transformed her fitness. Averaged almost a double-double this year. Plays taller than 6-1. At 37% from deep, can stretch the defense. She is capable of succeeding anywhere, but I could see her skill set fitting in seamlessly at a Louisville or Maryland (the latter, especially as she had 3 B10 schools in her final 5--Purdue, Ohio State, and Rutgers).
Agree she’d be a grade-A fit at Maryland, but I don’t see her landing there given their stacked roster and number of players with a similar or adjacent skillset.

Louisville I could see. Walz would love her toughness and physicality.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
We'll take her.

Reaction Score
Actually, it could be 4....

i find it interesting that her final eight doesn’t include either Middle Tennessee or Notre Dame which means that she’s okay not playing with any of her big sisters
But wasn't the same being said for the sister transferring from Notre Dame?

It will be interesting to see what happens when this "announcement" is made.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow!

She has tons of potential but has not developed well under the Syracuse coaching staff. She will be a great get.

Sched234: While you may have a point about Coach Q and staff not fully developing her, someone (maybe just her) got her fitness transformed.
That shows me focus and discipline. And she likes to play the game...a lot.

I thought she was Syracuse's most important player this year. Per BoomBoom's point, she plays much taller than her height which she uses offensively and defensively. She can shoot the three, but has a good enough handle to attack the basket.

I could actually see her fitting in well with Ohio State which -- post-Mitchell -- moves the ball around pretty well and allows it's players the options of ISO's and set and shoots. Wonder if she knows frosh guard Kateri Poole, another native New Yorker?

From a parochial standpoint, I know Niele Ivey is looking to transition to a team of players who are multi-faceted and Engstler would be a poster child for that (along with a Sonia Citron and Maddy Westbeld, who shares a lot fo the same attributes of EE).

Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
You are correct that it has worked before. I just think 3 of them, all from the same position, is a bit much and given their tendency to move around (this will make 3 schools for the eldest and 2 for the younger ones) it seems they are looking for something specific that hasn't been given.

Reaction Score
Agree she’d be a grade-A fit at Maryland, but I don’t see her landing there given their stacked roster and number of players with a similar or adjacent skillset.

Louisville I could see. Walz would love her toughness and physicality.
She sounds like Chloe Bibby part 2. Maryland potentially could have 13 players on their roster. With many universities facing financial crunches, I not sure Maryland would want to add another scholarship player. Louisville, Baylor and Ohio State have done great in the transfer marker. I could see her going to those places. One thing, she'll probably wind up at a major P5 school.

Reaction Score
She sounds like Chloe Bibby part 2. Maryland potentially could have 13 players on their roster. With many universities facing financial crunches, I not sure Maryland would want to add another scholarship player. Louisville, Baylor and Ohio State have done great in the transfer marker. I could see her going to those places. One thing, she'll probably wind up at a major P5 school.
Maryland's 'problem' is that it has two incoming recruits that also play that wing position (Chardon + Sellers). But who knows and maybe she wants in anyway.

Reaction Score
Maryland's 'problem' is that it has two incoming recruits that also play that wing position (Chardon + Sellers). But who knows and maybe she wants in anyway.
Chardon and Sellers while talented probably will come in during blowout situations their freshmen year. Especially if Bibby and Styles return in 2021-22. Engstler would probably crack the 9 player rotation if she show something in the fall during practices if she decides to go to Maryland.

Reaction Score
Nah Baylor don’t need any more transfers lol. We still have kamaria and chrislyn Carr waiting to play next year.

Reaction Score
Am a little surprised we haven’t heard anything from Knuxville.
I would expect everyone to stay. After achieving the second round, things are on the upswing there!

Tell The Tea GIF by Dreezy

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would expect everyone to stay. After achieving the second round, things are on the upswing there!

Saunders and Rennie got almost no playing time this year. Future seems limited.

and was curious if horston was going to react negatively to having to come off the bench. She still got a bunch of minutes but not all kids handle that well, especially when you’re as highly rated as she was.

Reaction Score
Nah Baylor don’t need any more transfers lol. We still have kamaria and chrislyn Carr waiting to play next year.
And a stock pile of bigs. Now if waivers are not being granted. I can see Baylor digging in the portal. If they don't sign much in the 2022 class. For wings and power forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom