2020-21 Transfer thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020-21 Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

As expected.

Hope she excels there. As a a native Pennsylvanian with two brothers who went to PSU, it would be cool to see the Nittany Lions do well in wbb again.

I wonder if she will be able to play in the back court with leilani kapinus, if so PSU could be a tournament team in a season or two.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

As expected.

Hope she excels there. As a a native Pennsylvanian with two brothers who went to PSU, it would be cool to see the Nittany Lions do well in wbb again.

Good for Alli. Not surprising given everything we know about her. In retrospect, I bet Alli was tempted to do this when MM retired because -- in retrospect -- it sure looks obvious that the "mutual respect" between ND and Alli was between MM and Ms. Campbell. (Alli was a natural for MM's modified Princeton offense, but apparently not for Niele's sets.)

I think Alli will be a natural fit in the "Marquette East" push it up and and let it fly offense that Carolyn Kieger is starting to get the pieces for. Plus, she can enjoy playing with her buddy Maddie Burke (from the Philly Belles). If and when I travel out Route 80 to ND again from northern New Jersey, I'll give a tip of the hat at the State College exit for Alli...class act.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
They should get Kelly Jekot back if she should take the extra year. I believe she was injured this season.

I saw a graphic on that during the Penn State B1G game and was wonderng the same thing. She didn't get to play much last season but was the PSU leading scorer up until her injury.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If these ODU players were recruited by Nikki, perhaps they'll look MSU's way:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If these ODU players were recruited by Nikki, perhaps they'll look MSU's way:

Why would you bring in 8th graders to play on a Varsity squad unless you want to supplant Auburn in the basement of the SEC. I am sorry but if these players couldn't shine in CUSA, how are they going to help MSU?

Reaction Score
Why would you bring in 8th graders to play on a Varsity squad unless you want to supplant Auburn in the basement of the SEC. I am sorry but if these players couldn't shine in CUSA, how are they going to help MSU?
SEC foes are like

giphy.gif

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Beware of those very scaweeee Nikki McCray recruits

Reaction Score
You always want players who will work hard and buy into the system and help with chemistry. If they are allied with NMP, then couldn't hurt. Though ideally you'd want players who had already played for her and knew her system.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Kennedi Myles is a big loss. She originally signed with Megan Duffy at Miami (OH), so possibly Marquette?

On one hand, it looks like 6'2" Lauren Van Kleumen may leave Marquette after what seems like 7 years in Milwaukee and Myles would be a nice fit next to Center Camryn Taylor and forward Chloe Marotta. That said, Coach Duffy landed Kendra Gillispie, a 6-foot-2 forward who ranks as the No. 58 player in the class of 2021 by ESPN. That's her highest recruit ever, either at Marquette or Miami.

If Myles wants to go home to Cincy, gosh knows there are roster spots to be filled at both Cincinnati and Xavier.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kennedi Myles is a big loss. She originally signed with Megan Duffy at Miami (OH), so possibly Marquette?

Devastating blow for coach Fahey as she tries to claw her way up from the Big Ten basement. Myles is a talent and just a sophomore, though her stats did seem to dip in the latter half of the season and she mysteriously disappeared in a few games.

As I understand it, Fahey does have a somewhat decent recruiting class coming in, and the rest of her top 5 scorers were two sophomores, a freshman and a junior. But it's still tough hoeing.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thompson to Houston
Interesting. At Houston she'll reunite with two of her former DeSoto High School teammates: current UH sophomore Bria Patterson, and current DeSoto senior Kendall Brown.

Reaction Score
Another transfer from LSU but it honestly don't matter much to me as long as its not T. Young

Interesting, Two LSU seniors are transferring instead of coming back a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another transfer from LSU but it honestly don't matter much to me as long as its not T. Young

Interesting, Two LSU seniors are transferring instead of coming back a year.
Young and maybe Trasi are the only players that can transfer to a Power 5 school. But no player on this team will get the Chloe Jackson treatment lol

But Young is definitely equipped to be the next leader. So I think she will stay. I hope Cherry come back. Very underrated.

Still gonna be hard to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis