2018 wins needed for NCAA bid | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2018 wins needed for NCAA bid

Reaction Score
If he's the national writer you're angry with for having an anti-UConn bias right now, you're looking in the wrong place

I'm singling him out because he's peddling the notion that UCONN was passed over because of Dodd Stadium. Which as I've said previously, is better than NC State's facilities. Now he's pivoted from the Dodd Stadium angle and is now going with the on-campus/off-campus reason why UCONN was passed over. He and Kendall Rogers are the only 2 national writers I'm familiar with, so that's probably why I'm angry with them.

Reaction Score
I disagree. That passive aggressive BS he was peddling last year regarding UCONN's snub told me everything I need to know about his "friend of UCONN" angle.

You are going to believe what you want to believe at this point... he (Fitt) has consistently said he believes UConn should have been a host... you want to be angry @ someone - go chase Ted Cahill from Baseball America. You want a “known UConn hater” - sniff there.

As someone who follows college baseball extensively- D1Baseball (Fitt/Rogers) have been pretty supportive of UConn Baseball and Penders.

Reaction Score
NCAA and ESPN likely go hand in hand. They just cannot stand that UConn can compete and naturally steal the host slot to give to an ACC team the benefit.

Reaction Score
His passive aggressive attitude towards UCONN says otherwise.
Rogers and Fitt are fair.

The fact that Cahill just released a bracket putting UCONN into a ridiculous "Region of Death" speaks volumes.

Yeah, definitely direct all your displeasure at Cahill

Reaction Score
You are going to believe what you want to believe at this point... he (Fitt) has consistently said he believes UConn should have been a host... you want to be angry @ someone - go chase Ted Cahill from Baseball America. You want a “known UConn hater” - sniff there.

As someone who follows college baseball extensively- D1Baseball (Fitt/Rogers) have been pretty supportive of UConn Baseball and Penders.

I've followed D1 Baseball for the last couple of years and if you believe that passive aggressive bs from Fitt and the constant pointing to the RPI as the end all be all metric that decides hosting sites by Rogers, then....well you're obviously going to call me unhinged. Or a hater or whatever. The fact of the matter is, these 2 "supportive" writers are looking for reasons why UCONN isn't hosting and why they're okay with it. First it was Dodd Stadium. Then when it was pointed out that Dodd Stadiums is 10x better than anything NC State can offer up, they immediately pivot to NC St's on-campus stadium (with lights, though not specified) is better than UCONN's.

Reaction Score
Fitt used to write for BaseballAmerica. Perhaps some Cahill rubbed off on him.

Reaction Score
Rogers and Fitt are fair.

The fact that Cahill just released a bracket putting UCONN into a ridiculous "Region of Death" speaks volumes.

That's why the suggestion I go chase Cahill is stupid. His hate for UCONN is obvious.

Rogers annoys me because he points to RPI as the reason why Texas is hosting yet is silent about UCONN's RPI not being good enough for hosting duties.

Fitt annoys me because he's seriously passive-aggressive towards UCONN. His first nugget was that Dodd Stadium was the reason UCONN was passed over. Then when it was pointed out Dodd Stadium is better than NC St's stadium, it turned into a on-campus/off-campus reason. He can't admit UCONN was passed over due to the NCAA's anti-northern bias.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 314559FD-56CE-4361-AB82-C415DDEBA368.png
    314559FD-56CE-4361-AB82-C415DDEBA368.png
    218.8 KB · Views: 40
Reaction Score
Fitt used to write for BaseballAmerica. Perhaps some Cahill rubbed off on him.

That would make sense. I believe that there just wasn't enough regional sites in the Carolina's and that's why Rogers and Fitt are okay with UCONN taking it in the poop chute.

Reaction Score
Cahill is the same sorry POS that wrote how much he “feels” for UConn being a northern school. What a tool.

Reaction Score
Cahill is the same sorry POS that wrote how much he “feels” for UConn being a northern school. What a tool.

Did I see someone say he used to write about the Braves?

Sounds like some wannabe Lewis Grizzard.

Reaction Score
I agree that the anger at Fitt is misplaced. The entire D1 site has been behind UConn since I’ve followed them. They really pushed for the team last year and made noise about how they were snubbed for being left out. This year both Fitt and Rogers put out a number of tweets saying they think UConn was a better host than NC State. Meanwhile, Dweeb McGee is taking a victory lap on twitter because UConn has “nothing stand out on their resume” despite the extensive reasons I can list.

Reaction Score
More than annoyed by this after a night's sleep.

Look -- if we're fair, we all know that, at the margins, there will always be disagreements in selection and seeding. Saying that a team with an RPI of 16 is, all factors considered, going to be seeded 17 or 18 is hardly ridiculous.

That being said, the Committee has traditionally given a break at the margins to northeast/rust belt teams because the timing of the college baseball season doesn't match with the weather. A Northeastern team like UConn has to start playing games before they've even been practicing outside, has to play the first month of the season entirely on the road, has to play in UConn's case more than two thirds of its games on the road and has to overcome a lack of fan interest because by the time the weather is pleasant enough for fans to want to sit outside and watch a baseball game, the season was ending.

The NCAA doesn't control the weather, but they have two choices. Just ignore the inherent advantages of playing in the sunbelt, or recognize them and bend over backwards to make sure that teams in the rust belt and northeast have a chance to compete when their performance has earned it. We had more road wins than any other major school, was the second best team over the course of the season in the fourth best conference (a conference that was closer to second than fifth) and UConn -- and fans in the Northeast -- could have been given a tournament.

The next time the Sunbelt wants to leave the Union,, we should just let it..

Reaction Score
There is one thing I find interesting about the debate about the integrity of the writers for D1Baseball.com towards UConn. Generally, the people who have been posting on the Boneyard consistently for several years now on UConn baseball (@huskymedic, @uconnbaseball, @Baseballguy, and I would include myself as well) all believe the D1Baseball writers have been giving UConn a fair shake for quite some time now. In fact, the business about UConn baseball being a dark horse for Omaha pretty much started with these guys. To try to turn these guys into the enemy at this point is just plain short sighted.

Reaction Score
More than annoyed by this after a night's sleep.

Look -- if we're fair, we all know that, at the margins, there will always be disagreements in selection and seeding. Saying that a team with an RPI of 16 is, all factors considered, going to be seeded 17 or 18 is hardly ridiculous.

That being said, the Committee has traditionally given a break at the margins to northeast/rust belt teams because the timing of the college baseball season doesn't match with the weather. A Northeastern team like UConn has to start playing games before they've even been practicing outside, has to play the first month of the season entirely on the road, has to play in UConn's case more than two thirds of its games on the road and has to overcome a lack of fan interest because by the time the weather is pleasant enough for fans to want to sit outside and watch a baseball game, the season was ending.

The NCAA doesn't control the weather, but they have two choices. Just ignore the inherent advantages of playing in the sunbelt, or recognize them and bend over backwards to make sure that teams in the rust belt and northeast have a chance to compete when their performance has earned it. We had more road wins than any other major school, was the second best team over the course of the season in the fourth best conference (a conference that was closer to second than fifth) and UConn -- and fans in the Northeast -- could have been given a tournament.

The next time the Sunbelt wants to leave the Union,, we should just let it..

Not only that but, let's compare the Conference RPIs of the AAC vs the SunBelt:

4. AAC (.5494)
5. PAC
6. Big Ten
7. ASun
8. SunBelt (.5199)
9. MWC
10. MVC
11. CUSA
12. Big East
13. Colonial
14. Big West
15. West Coast
16. Southern (.4955)

Difference from UCONN to SunBelt = 0.0295
Difference from SunBelt to Southern = 0.0244

The SunBelt is closer in RPI to the Southern Conference than it is to the AAC!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom