2018 wins needed for NCAA bid | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2018 wins needed for NCAA bid

Reaction Score
There is one thing I find interesting about the debate about the integrity of the writers for D1Baseball.com towards UConn. Generally, the people who have been posting on the Boneyard consistently for several years now on UConn baseball (@huskymedic, @uconnbaseball, @Baseballguy, and I would include myself as well) all believe the D1Baseball writers have been giving UConn a fair shake for quite some time now. In fact, the business about UConn baseball being a dark horse for Omaha pretty much started with these guys. To try to turn these guys into the enemy at this point is just plain short sighted.

Just because us "new guys" haven't been posting on this board, it doesn't mean we haven't been following the team (and college baseball publications) for just as long. For the record, I have also said that D1Baseball has been quite fair.

Reaction Score
Just because us "new guys" haven't been posting on this board, it doesn't mean we haven't been following the team (and college baseball publications) for just as long. For the record, I have also said that D1Baseball has been quite fair.

I admit it is possible that I wrote it poorly, but I found the dichotomy with us "old timers" and others on "D1Baseball and UConn" to be an interesting part of the debate, so I just thought I'd point it out. Glad to hear you also think D1Baseball's coverage for UConn has been quite fair.

Reaction Score
How was the attendance at the 2010 Tourney games in Norwich? I don't remember, was there a buzz at the stadium?

Reaction Score
How was the attendance at the 2010 Tourney games in Norwich? I don't remember, was there a buzz at the stadium?

I was at the Norwich games, it was very good. I believe about 5,000 people attended on Friday night when UConn played. Interesting side note was that in 2010 UConn was not the No. 1 seed in the Norwich regional, but they still got the opportunity to host.

Reaction Score
I was at the Norwich games, it was very good. I believe about 5,000 people attended on Friday night when UConn played. Interesting side note was that in 2010 UConn was not the No. 1 seed in the Norwich regional, but they still got the opportunity to host.

UConn was selected as a host that year as a #2 seed because of the committee's stated desire that year to have more sites out of the traditional geographgic locations. A vision that the current committee does not embrace. Once again the NCAA found something that worked so it is disregarded.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm singling him out because he's peddling the notion that UCONN was passed over because of Dodd Stadium. Which as I've said previously, is better than NC State's facilities. Now he's pivoted from the Dodd Stadium angle and is now going with the on-campus/off-campus reason why UCONN was passed over. He and Kendall Rogers are the only 2 national writers I'm familiar with, so that's probably why I'm angry with them.

What's on campus vs. off campus got to do with anything? It's summer...schools are not in session, except for summer semesters, perhaps. What's he thinking, a bunch of summer semester commuter students are going to show up for games on campus? We would draw a lot larger crowd in Norwich. The guy's a jerk.

Reaction Score
What's on campus vs. off campus got to do with anything? It's summer...schools are not in session, except for summer semesters, perhaps. What's he thinking, a bunch of summer semester commuter students are going to show up for games on campus? We would draw a lot larger crowd in Norwich. The guy's a jerk.
He didn’t select the hosts, the committee did. D1 had UConn as a host in Norwich. He is trying to give rational to the readers because you know the NCAA won’t. He’s only doing his job

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Selection Committee Chair is Ray Tanner (South Carolina AD).

My ECU buddy just informed me that Mr. Tanner played basketball for the Wolfpack and then coached there for about a decade.

Conspiracy Kitty, where art thou?
look-the-cat-can-drive.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
On my way to have "a word" with the selection committee.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I truly believe this is also one reason (of many) we ended on the outside looking in after realignment. Denying Duke, Kentucky, and Tennessee 15 championships in men's and women's basketball is one thing. But our football team making a BCS bowl in it's 10th year of D1 existence was a step too far. I still see random tweets when I search UConn on twitter decrying us making that game and how undeserved it was. Not to mention the myth spreading about how many fans we brought. The good ole boys took that personally. We overstepped our bounds there. Those games are for them. They'd rather a northern school like Pitt, Rutgers, or BC into the P5 that is no threat to them in anything and has no fan base.
As much as it pains me to admit it, it was BCU backballing us when 'Cuse made the move. Pitt was put in over us at their request, because they "wanted to be the only New England team." L'ville was bad luck/timing with FSU/Clemson flexing their muscles. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
I agree that the anger at Fitt is misplaced. The entire D1 site has been behind UConn since I’ve followed them. They really pushed for the team last year and made noise about how they were snubbed for being left out. This year both Fitt and Rogers put out a number of tweets saying they think UConn was a better host than NC State. Meanwhile, Dweeb McGee is taking a victory lap on twitter because UConn has “nothing stand out on their resume” despite the extensive reasons I can list.

They really haven't, at least not in the 2 years I've followed them. Unless you consider the lukewarm support they get from Fitt and Rogers to mean they get behind UCONN? But it's obvious I'm in the minority on that. As for last year, the "noise" they made about last year's snub was essentially, "We think UCONN should've gotten in, but we have no problem with the field the committee chose.". I don't know about you but that's not the kind of "noise" that screams UCONN got screwed. As far as Rogers's tweets on UCONN are concerned, I haven't checked this morning, but he's not tweeted about UCONN getting screwed. In fact, he's all over the map with that. Points to the RPI as a reason Texas is hosting, but says not a word about RPI when mentioning UCONN getting hosed.

Reaction Score
There is one thing I find interesting about the debate about the integrity of the writers for D1Baseball.com towards UConn. Generally, the people who have been posting on the Boneyard consistently for several years now on UConn baseball (@huskymedic, @uconnbaseball, @Baseballguy, and I would include myself as well) all believe the D1Baseball writers have been giving UConn a fair shake for quite some time now. In fact, the business about UConn baseball being a dark horse for Omaha pretty much started with these guys. To try to turn these guys into the enemy at this point is just plain short sighted.

Well that's like your opinion man. I've been reading them for some time now and their lukewarm support disguised as being a "friend to UCONN", is disengenuous at best. They may not hate UCONN with the fire of a thousand suns, but their meh attitude over last year's snub told me all I need to know about these "fair and impartial" reporters from D1Baseball. And that's like MY opinion man.

Reaction Score

I don't know, but that's what Aaron Fitt told me on Twitter was the reason NCST got to host and we didn't. He also claimed that Norwich was not well received in 2010. I don't know if he named names on that. I'd have to go back and look. I don't think Fitt's a jerk, but I don't think he's a "friend to UCONN" like I keep reading here.

Reaction Score
They really haven't, at least not in the 2 years I've followed them. Unless you consider the lukewarm support they get from Fitt and Rogers to mean they get behind UCONN? But it's obvious I'm in the minority on that. As for last year, the "noise" they made about last year's snub was essentially, "We think UCONN should've gotten in, but we have no problem with the field the committee chose.". I don't know about you but that's not the kind of "noise" that screams UCONN got screwed. As far as Rogers's tweets on UCONN are concerned, I haven't checked this morning, but he's not tweeted about UCONN getting screwed. In fact, he's all over the map with that. Points to the RPI as a reason Texas is hosting, but says not a word about RPI when mentioning UCONN getting hosed.
But he has said that, in the tweet below. What you're looking for is something that you're not going to get from a national writer. NC State over UConn is a mistake (IMO) but not an egregious one. He's not going to come out and blast the committee with 20 tweets like you want because he has to remain impartial

Reaction Score
Dallas Baptist, a bubble team, makes it. Things are not looking good for Central Florida.

Reaction Score
Im hype about that. The true huskies will come out on top. Lets go!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom