2018 wins needed for NCAA bid | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2018 wins needed for NCAA bid

Reaction Score
I truly believe this is also one reason (of many) we ended on the outside looking in after realignment. Denying Duke, Kentucky, and Tennessee 15 championships in men's and women's basketball is one thing. But our football team making a BCS bowl in it's 10th year of D1 existence was a step too far. I still see random tweets when I search UConn on twitter decrying us making that game and how undeserved it was. Not to mention the myth spreading about how many fans we brought. The good ole boys took that personally. We overstepped our bounds there. Those games are for them. They'd rather a northern school like Pitt, Rutgers, or BC into the P5 that is no threat to them in anything and has no fan base.

I honestly agree.

Finebaum went all in on our existence as an institution.

Pretty bad stuff.

Reaction Score
This clown makes me want to punch somebody in the throat. He hates UCONN with a passion.

He’s actually been very supportive of UConn over the years (including this one). Go back and read his articles about UConn.

Reaction Score
HurleyMania is on fire on twitter. Apparently the South Carolina AD on the committee coached at NC State for several years lol.

Reaction Score
Yeah Aaron Fitt is one of the more charitable blue baseball check marks out there for us. If you think he's bad than you should see the others.

Reaction Score
NC State's facilities are worse than Dodd Stadium, according to the scuttlebut. Aaron Fitt's just looking for a reason that doesn't include the NCAA's anti-northern bias.
If he's the national writer you're angry with for having an anti-UConn bias right now, you're looking in the wrong place

Reaction Score
He's not that bad

Maybe not, but now he's peddling a friend of UCONN angle. After trying to claim Dodd Stadium was the reason we got passed over for hosting duties, instead of the anti-northern bias that's the real reason.

Reaction Score
He’s actually been very supportive of UConn over the years (including this one). Go back and read his articles about UConn.

I disagree. That passive aggressive BS he was peddling last year regarding UCONN's snub told me everything I need to know about his "friend of UCONN" angle.

Reaction Score
We don’t win and football and basketball are embarrassing
Not sure what that has to do with NCAA jabbing UConn at every opportunity. Last two years with baseball, APR penalty (the rule they retroactively enforced to penalize UConn, and then changed the rule after UConn was to a significantly lesser penalty.... which let’s not kid ourselves, is part of the reason MBB started its downward spiral), other investigations trying to bury Calhoun years ago. Football failure is all on UConn tho, starting with hiring Pasqualoni and then that lunatic Diaco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom