2017 Scholarship Chart | The Boneyard

2017 Scholarship Chart

Reaction Score
Started pulling together some scholarship numbers. Can UCONN really only have 73 guys on scholarship including the 10 commits for the 2017 Class?

Roster Chart.png

Trying to figure out how to make this bigger.

Reaction Score
Great job thanks. Really makes some things obvious. Offensive line looks very thin. BTW, didn't Fenton Blackwell get in some trouble

Reaction Score
This guy truly was a disaster here. He had one good thing going for him -- until the end of this year, his players played hard for him. But so, so many problems.

Reaction Score
..........and Edsall is pulling offers!

I think Diaco absolutely duck*ed this thing. Believe me, I am no fan of P, but at least he brought in some warm bodies. I'm pretty sure Diaco recruited a bunch of "prototypes" that can't run. Edsall is probably putting his foot down and saying "enough of this ".

Reaction Score
Jalen Stevens is gone and he was listed for Senior Day. Also, you need to add Brian Coney, WR, and Tom Tabur, OL, both will be RS-Soph. Both were preferred walk-ons who were given scholarships.

By the way, most schools before signing day only have 60 to 65 kids on scholarship and sign classes of 20 to 25.

Reaction Score
1. QB.

2. Speed rusher.

3. OT

4. If we're playing a 3-3-5 (and yes, I double checked to make sure that added up to 11), more DBs.

We need 2 to 3 WRs in this class as we only have 6 scholarship WRs on the roster.

Also, with this roster, it is going to be hard to play a 3-3-5 defense all of the time as we don't have speed at DE or LB.

Reaction Score
We need 2 to 3 WRs in this class as we only have 6 scholarship WRs on the roster.

Also, with this roster, it is going to be hard to play a 3-3-5 defense all of the time as we don't have speed at DE or LB.

1. Yes, we need more WRs. I just don't think getting grad transfers of quality to block in an offense that runs 70% of the time is a likely solution. If they can get the IU transfer, and he's healthy, great.

2. It very well may be that we are stuck with a 4-3-4 or 3-4-4 for the next year because our personnel doesn't work with a 3-3-5. But I expect HCRE to be going for wins this year -- this will not be a Diaco practice season -- and I would expect that some long term shifts may be put off a year to capitalize on this year's senior laden team and not start a total makeover until 2018.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does Will Rishell have a scholarship? I didnt think so.

And if Herring and Coyle are as good I think they might be, then maybe we see Summers stay at Safety so that Bell, Herring, Coyle and Robinson IV get the majority of CB time. Of course if Hahn can have a positive impact at the Safety position, then maybe keeping Summers at Safety is not necessary either and so perhaps Robinson gets bumped for playing time. This is the year for Bell, Herring, Coyle and Hahn.

Reaction Score
I know this is not new to anyone here that's paying attention, but just seeing it in that spreadsheet had me scratching my head saying WTF. We may be the only roster, ever, who has as many TE's as WR's at a moment in time. Oh, and we are very thin at RB too.

I got a feeling we are going to have a bunch of JUCO's heading our way. Going the K-State route of roster development/enhancement.

Reaction Score

Wouldn't worry about it. The scholarship is year to year, and it's not like we're getting near 85 players by September 1 anyway.

Giving extra schollies to walk ons is fine.

Reaction Score
Dickens?

As a father and often as a mentor ... I'm feeling this is one of those moments: "Son ... Your future changed with that phone call. But, the truth is you are so much better off at a Yale or Cornell or Fordham or URI or UNH ... than in that roster with the changing defensive scheme. There are other guys that "fit" is an issue right now. You might not dream now of the NFL ... But you'll have a great degree and experience."

The excel spreadsheet tells the story.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Dickens?

As a father and often as a mentor ... I'm feeling this is one of those moments: "Son ... Your future changed with that phone call. But, the truth is you are so much better off at a Yale or Cornell or Fordham or URI or UNH ... than in that roster with the changing defensive scheme. There are other guys that "fit" is an issue right now. You might not dream now of the NFL ... But you'll have a great degree and experience."

The excel spreadsheet tells the story.

This is how you raise an anti snow flake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom