2017 Scholarship Chart | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Scholarship Chart

Reaction Score
I know this is not new to anyone here that's paying attention, but just seeing it in that spreadsheet had me scratching my head saying WTF. We may be the only roster, ever, who has as many TE's as WR's at a moment in time. Oh, and we are very thin at RB too.

I got a feeling we are going to have a bunch of JUCO's heading our way. Going the K-State route of roster development/enhancement.

Or transfers...

Wonder if the Rhett & Randy show can talk any of these transfers into becoming Huskies?

Alabama - Derrick Gore RB
VA Tech - Shai McKensie RB
Kentucky - Jeff Badet WR
Clemson - Tyshon Dye RB
Clemson - Jake Fruhmorgen OL, RT

Gore is from Syracuse and was the 5th leading rusher at Bama. Baden lead the SEC in YPC, Dye and McKensie were 4 Star RB's out of HS and Fruhmorgen played a lot of minutes at RT for Clemson. These guys are eligible to play in 2017. I'm sure there are others out there who we can approach.

Reaction Score
Or transfers...

Wonder if the Rhett & Randy show can talk any of these transfers into becoming Huskies?

Kentucky - Jeff Badet WR
Clemson - Tyshon Dye RB

Gore is from Syracuse and was the 5th leading rusher at Bama. Baden lead the SEC in YPC, Dye and McKensie were 4 Star RB's out of HS and Fruhmorgen played a lot of minutes at RT for Clemson. These guys are eligible to play in 2017. I'm sure there are others out there who we can approach.

Yeah we could really use two more RBs. I'd prefer we bring in a couple freshman but I wouldn't mind transfers either.

Reaction Score
Or transfers...

Kentucky - Jeff Badet WR
Clemson - Tyshon Dye RB

I have to think that Rhett took this job knowing he had a recruiting plan that needed to be executed starting with a transfer QB, building depth at RB and transfer stop gap measures for the OL. Hoping he has something (or somebody-read that somebodies) in his inventory of contacts.

Reaction Score
I have to think that Rhett took this job knowing he had a recruiting plan that needed to be executed starting with a transfer QB, building depth at RB and transfer stop gap measures for the OL. Hoping he has something (or somebody-read that somebodies) in his inventory of contacts.

I do too. Our QB situation is embarrassing even if Shirreffs stays and Williams turns out to be Lamar Jackson. We're an injury away from starting a 2* true freshman QB or a walk-on/former walk-on.

Reaction Score
Can Graham (punter) also serve as backup Kicker for Tarbut?
In last year's quagmire, we lost to graduation, IMO a very experienced, reliable & consistent
kicking game in Bobby Puyol and Justin Wain. Field position and points on the board-hope the new staff has something cooking.....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
OMG I'd thank @SouthPaw22 for putting this together but it's frightening. With Diaco and co 1-11 was on the table.

Reaction Score
OMG I'd thank @SouthPaw22 for putting this together but it's frightening. With Diaco and co 1-11 was on the table.

WHALER, you are shockingly optimistic. Where did you get the 1 win? Prior to the coaching change, when I viewed senior losses, my only hope was to be competitive with Holy Cross. We should all thank David Benedict for pulling off a miracle and finding the funding to stop the bleeding and begin resuscitation. This might take awhile if we can't get in stop gap measures via transfers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
LMAO...

John Silver ‏@JohnFSilver 1m 1 minute ago
went over the uconn roster, where are the wrs and rbs? You can't play with 10 TEs. Wish I paid more attention.

What's even more amazing is that if Disastro has been given another year he would have pulled in another 5 or 6 DE/LB/TE tweeners, taken only 1 QB in McAfee and ignored the JUCO/transfer market for OLine help. Disastro was headed over a cliff and had no clue it was coming. Corrective action? Ha - nope. Instead just more square peg-round hole wackiness.

PS - late edit - 5 or 6? Probably more like 7 or 8 DE/LB/TE tweeners.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So now there's another journalist to add to the list of those who steal ideas from this board.

Silver stole from us for years. Word for word - which was fine he was the best we had. He's not in journalism anymore.

Reaction Score
What's even more amazing is that if Disastro has been given another year he would have pulled in another 5 or 6 DE/LB/TE tweeners, taken only 1 QB in McAfee and ignored the JUCO/transfer market for OLine help. Disastro was headed over a cliff and had no clue it was coming. Corrective action? Ha - nope. Instead just more square peg-round hole wackiness.

PS - late edit - 5 or 6? Probably more like 7 or 8 DE/LB/TE tweeners.

I think this was absolutely the case. Edsall is in full turnaround mode and needs to be. Diaco duck*ed this roster. I had my head in the sand hoping he knew what the hell he was doing. But, it's very clear now he under recruited the skill positions and, I fear, speed.

Reaction Score
Brayden Brown puts UCONN at 76 scholarships for the 2017 Season. Nine spots left if the staff wants to use them.

Reaction Score
There will be a couple more. Edsall almost always landed a couple of "who dat?" Guys who turned out pretty good. Plus I do think we will have a JUCO or two including a quarterback.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If they fill all remaining slots if they get the following:
Pindell - Juco QB
Washington or Tronti - as the other HS QB
Blackshear or Sheffield & Mensah - 2 of 3 on this list for RB
2 More HS OL
1 transfer/JUCO OL
2 Dlineman
1 or 2 LBs
A WR if one lands in their lap.

So thats 12 if taking the highest of each position. I figure there must be at least 2, maybe 3 kids who leave the program this winter/spring to make this work. If not, someone will gray shirt.

Reaction Score
Boneyard: WHY ISN'T ANYBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS STUFF

Newspapers: Can you believe this stuff?

Boneyard: THIEVES
Settle down. No one called anyone a thief. Just said he's welcome. I'm glad he's writing about it.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Brayden Brown puts UCONN at 76 scholarships for the 2017 Season. Nine spots left if the staff wants to use them.
They better use them.

Reaction Score
Hold on. I never stole from you guys. Never. Didn't need to and that's insulting. If I saw a good idea I would go ahead and mention where I got it from and always did. I always credited info and thoughts that weren't mine. This TE convo happened with someone off line and I took it to twitter. Before you accuse someone of stealing info, maybe ask me where it came from. It' s not like I am unreachable. The reason that sometimes topics and message boards are on the same page is because due to the board crowdsourcing on important topics. If the journalist has any news instinct at all, he should be writing what resonates with the fanbase, which should make its way here. If you guys have a topic on here, it's already percolating in media circles from my experience. Also, sometimes people hit media up with questions from here and I was always willing to find out if I didn't know and write or tweet about it.

You know what's good? HuskyMedic's recruit info. I would almost check here first because it is like a free news service. He should sell it. Anyhow, I am not on beat anymore or have any connection to team outside of past relationships. Fun board guys, maybe I will become a Yarder and post. Nowhere else to vent about the inside handoff. :)

Reaction Score
Updated the positions for 2017 commit based on Edsall's tweets. UCONN is at 84 scholarships right now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Quick fix: LS Nick Zecchino played as a true frosh this past year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom