2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 36 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ktuck ... if you wanted to guess where OLine prospects will come from beyond the Offer sheet huskymedic posts, I would give you two components we have used in the past that really hasn't been explored in depth:

Canada
Prep Schools

Diaco, his first year, pushed hard on Preps early that first January. And, all these take on kids that don't necessarily make the Camp rounds that we seem to see a lot of the Rivals/247/Scout stuff comes from. Further, OLine is a spot (traditionally - certainly back in the Edsall days) we told kids that we like you; but, we are going to watch 4-5 games on film before we offer. It isn't that we are not converting our offers. It is that for this position (particularly being a Northeastern football program) we have a pattern that seems to play out yearly.

Reaction Score
ktuck ... if you wanted to guess where OLine prospects will come from beyond the Offer sheet huskymedic posts, I would give you two components we have used in the past that really hasn't been explored in depth:

Canada
Prep Schools

Diaco, his first year, pushed hard on Preps early that first January. And, all these take on kids that don't necessarily make the Camp rounds that we seem to see a lot of the Rivals/247/Scout stuff comes from. Further, OLine is a spot (traditionally - certainly back in the Edsall days) we told kids that we like you; but, we are going to watch 4-5 games on film before we offer. It isn't that we are not converting our offers. It is that for this position (particularly being a Northeastern football program) we have a pattern that seems to play out yearly.

Thanks Pudge... Kinda clears things up for me. I take it that pattern will alter a little with more wins????

Reaction Score
BergenTDC 7:53am via Twitter Web Client
Jr DE Sal Mauro will visit UConn this Saturday.

6-3 240lb DE from Bergen Catholic HS in Oradell NJ. Current offers from Army/Navy.

No UConn offer that I'm aware of but he just committed to Delaware.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any intel on recruits coming to saturday's game? Hoping to hear about lineman and RBs.

Reaction Score
Any intel on recruits coming to saturday's game? Hoping to hear about lineman and RBs.
hopefully the crickets from this question won't last the entire week. I'm thinking somebody should have something on this by Thursday, no later than Friday... This isn't the Edsall regime where we pretty much found out about potential recruits being at again the day after the game...

Reaction Score
Any word on Keith Coleman and how he's doing at Suffield Academy? I know there was talk/confusion a little while back with the other Coleman.

Reaction Score
Anyone know how many scholarships we have assuming no attrition? And anyone in particular we're going hard after?

Reaction Score
Anyone know how many scholarships we have assuming no attrition? And anyone in particular we're going hard after?

The general consensus is 12-14 recruit class size for 2016 due to small senior class.

Reaction Score
The general consensus is 12-14 recruit class size for 2016 due to small senior class.

Makes sense. I'm really hoping we pick up a RB this class. We have plenty of depth so we'd be able to redshirt them unlike last year

Reaction Score
I see us bringing in about 18-20 kids. No doubt in my mind attrition will hit us pretty good this time around

Reaction Score
I see us bringing in about 18-20 kids. No doubt in my mind attrition will hit us pretty good this time around

Why?

I don't see any reason why it would. The locker room is very positive. Lots of guys are still playing. Everyone knows that they can earn a chance to play, even younger guys. Maybe a guy or two for unbeknownst reasons such a DB but your guessing upwards of 8 guys. I don't think so. There is a reason that recruiting has slowed tremendously since mid August and its because we have nearly 3/4ths of the guys we are bringing in.

Reaction Score
I am going to say ... 16-18. Not any feel for attrition; but, it is normal to see kids - for all kinds of reason - want to transfer or just end playing football. I think, over the last 10 years, it is always a few over the number you think is the Max.

Reaction Score
I agree with Pudge's comments. Kinda where I'm at with all of this.

Also, even though the guys are happy, there are older guys on this team that may want simply see the field more. I can name 5 kids, but I'll refrain from that, but will mention certain positions : WR & LB...probably a couple more positions. So 18 commits for this class isn't really out of the question.

Reaction Score
I agree with Pudge's comments. Kinda where I'm at with all of this.

Also, even though the guys are happy, there are older guys on this team that may want simply see the field more. I can name 5 kids, but I'll refrain from that, but will mention certain positions : WR & LB...probably a couple more positions. So 18 commits for this class isn't really out of the question.

Reaction Score

Just so we are clear... the original question was:
Anyone know how many scholarships we have assuming no attrition?

If the staff is helping people make decisions by showing them the tea leaves or recruiting over them, then yeah, I guess there would be more than the 12-14 that seems to fit w/ senior class and available spots. You want to add in walk-ons and some floating bogey for attrition maybe you get to 18-ish.

Reaction Score
I agree that there will be in the range of 17/18 openings all said and done, but I still think there will only be 14/15 incoming freshmen, as all indications are that HCBD would like to award some schollys to some of the current walk-ons…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom