2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 38 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Daelun Darien committed to Temple today.

Abdul Adams decommitted from Mich. St. yesterday.

Reaction Score
Hey huskymedic any word on WR/RB DJ Owens out of N Paulding HS in Dallas, GA? He'd be nice fit in Storrs

Reaction Score
Hey huskymedic any word on WR/RB DJ Owens out of N Paulding HS in Dallas, GA? He'd be nice fit in Storrs

I haven't seen him connected to UConn in any way? Did you see something - been doing quite a bit of traveling so I could have missed a mention?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen him connected to UConn in any way? Did you see something - been doing quite a bit of traveling so I could have missed a mention?
One of our coaches is following this kid on twitter so i was thinking maybe we'd offered by now. His Hudl highlights were pretty decent?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I just watched the video of Marcus Brown... love the lick he put on the defender... ooo-ff!.. would love to see him in the middle of our OL at OG... We still need help at OT but an OG like that would do wonders for our run game... he looks like a man-child

Reaction Score
A glaring need we have for this class (IMO) is finding a playmaker for our return game.... We currently have NO ONE on this current squad that has that ability. Arkeel's the only threat on KOR's but that's it.. nothing else. Do any of the kids we got verbals from already or are still trying to recruit provide such ability?

Reaction Score
Do any of the kids we got verbals from already or are still trying to recruit provide such ability?

Huge difference in return games from high school to D1 football - I'm not convinced what you see now is what you get in the future. Speed, vision and good hands/ball security are starting points but not everyone w/ the aforementioned skills can be returners.

Reaction Score
OK, so how did we get the Larry Taylors, Nick Williams, Rob Freys of the world? What do we have now that convinces you we currently have that now that can potentially translate to our team going forward? Because, right now, that part of our game is lacking way too much.

Reaction Score
OK, so how did we get the Larry Taylors, Nick Williams, Rob Freys of the world? What do we have now that convinces you we currently have that now that can potentially translate to our team going forward? Because, right now, that part of our game is lacking way too much.

They weren't that good at returning until their junior/senior year....it takes time

It also takes a squad that can block as well....not all on the returner, unless of course you're tavon austin

Reaction Score
Larry Taylor, if I recall was pretty good for awhile for us with PR and KOR, especially PR...

but, you're right, we gotta block for the returners, which, for the most part, has been non-existent... God awful to be honest.. Is that coaching? or lack of talent to perform such task?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Larry Taylor, if I recall was pretty good for awhile for us with PR and KOR, especially PR...

but, you're right, we gotta block for the returners, which, for the most part, has been non-existent... God awful to be honest.. Is that coaching? or lack of talent to perform such task?
He was good as as freshman.

One of the best kickoff return high school highlight reels was Reggie McClain's . And he ended up playing D.

Reaction Score
He was good as as freshman.

One of the best kickoff return high school highlight reels was Reggie McClain's . And he ended up playing D.

Didn't he do some PR and KOR for us at one point? I'm certain he did... but he just didn't end up being the best guy for the job... we need to find that guy or those guys... Our primary RB isn't the answer (my opinion).. We all know Arkeel has that ability but he needs to not be overused like he is now. Somebody's gotta step up from what we have... or we recruit a kid with that "special" ability. We did with Larry Taylor and Nick Williams (clearly).. We can find another.

Reaction Score
Didn't he do some PR and KOR for us at one point? I'm certain he did... but he just didn't end up being the best guy for the job... we need to find that guy or those guys... Our primary RB isn't the answer (my opinion).. We all know Arkeel has that ability but he needs to not be overused like he is now. Somebody's gotta step up from what we have... or we recruit a kid with that "special" ability. We did with Larry Taylor and Nick Williams (clearly).. We can find another.
He did. He took a punt return to the House against Cincy. It was a game we lost like 47-45, and they went on to an undefeated regular season before losing to Florida in a bowl game.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Should look into this kid as a walk on...Sean Kelly from Bacon Academy in Colchester. Watched him play today and he was really impressive, albeit not against the stiffest competition. Moves well in the pocket and had great accuracy on deep balls. Why not?

Reaction Score
Abdul_Adams21:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
#BoomerSooner

04.jpg

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics