2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 52 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes you use OV to recruit the kid, other times you bring a commit on an OV to help recruit others. Anyone signing in summer is, by definition, taking his OV afterwards. This indicates to me next w/e is last push to get 16 recruits on campus.

Reaction Score
Sometimes you use OV to recruit the kid, other times you bring a commit on an OV to help recruit others. Anyone signing in summer is, by definition, taking his OV afterwards. This indicates to me next w/e is last push to get 16 recruits on campus.
This what i needed to read. Thanks. Helps me get a better habdle on the recruiting process. The media hypes up P5 programs a bunch giving a bit of an illusion on OVs.

Reaction Score
Anthony_Russo154:46pm via Twitter for iPhone
Great home visit with @CoachMattRhule

Reported that LSU is visiting Friday.

NJ_RutgersFB11:12am via dlvr.it
Ex-Rutgers quarterback commit Anthony Russo commits to Temple

04.jpg

Reaction Score
Per Jim Fuller - Avon all-state linebacker Teddy Allmendinger confirmed that he has accepted a spot as a preferred walk-on at UConn as a fullback/h-back.

Teddy is 6-0, 235lb.

This has been rumored in the past but now confirmed.

Duly noted above.

Reaction Score
Medic I'm not sure if you want to add him or not but per 247 Oshea Grant from Kell High School in Marietta, GA has a UConn offer. Committed currently to Alabama State after being committed to Troy University

http:// /Bolt/Florida-athlete-on-board-with-four-32211333

... after being committed to Arizona ;).

He was originally on the list back in the beginning - He supposedly had offers from us and Arizona which it was rumored he committed to, then the Arizona offer/commit disappeared and they was speculation the UConn offer wasn't legit either (or from PP staff) so he came off the list. Something squirrelly about his whole recruitment.

Reaction Score
HUGE pick up for Temple with Russo IMO. You have a kid that will/should come in and pick up where PJ Walker left/ leaves off. Hopefully we finally got it right with our QB situation and have this type of scenario in place. Lord knows that position for us over time has been WEAK depth wise for far too long.

Reaction Score
HUGE pick up for Temple with Russo IMO. You have a kid that will/should come in and pick up where PJ Walker left/ leaves off. Hopefully we finally got it right with our QB situation and have this type of scenario in place. Lord knows that position for us over time has been WEAK depth wise for far too long.

Temple is pretty deep @ QB. PJ will be a senior, then they have Nutile from Dom Bosco Prep behind him and don't forget Logan Marchi from CT who RS this year.

Reaction Score
O'Shea Grant is an Alabama State U commit. Check his twitter. @OGrant_21

Reaction Score
Temple is pretty deep @ QB. PJ will be a senior, then they have Nutile from Dom Bosco Prep behind him and don't forget Logan Marchi from CT who RS this year.
That's the way it should be bro. We never had that type of competition at that position. We don't now, from what we've all seen so far. I just hope Donovan Williams and Tyler Davis can bring much needed help at that position. We need the next man up to be able to perform, just in case

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's the way it should be bro. We never had that type of competition at that position. We don't now, from what we've all seen so far. I just hope Donovan Williams and Tyler Davis can bring much needed help at that position. We need the next man up to be able to perform, just in case

Very true. With Shirreffs style of play and our inability to block, a capable backup QB is that much more important. I'm hoping that it's Tyler Davis and we can redshirt all of the freshman, but who knows.

Reaction Score
Me too uconnphil2016. Would be nice to redshirt all true frosh; however, if Donovan Williams comes out playing like Donovan McNabb we can't redshirt him.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Donovan Williams is going to be special and I believe he will push Shirreffs hard as a RS Fr.

Reaction Score
Drew said:
Donovan Williams is going to be special and I believe he will push Shirreffs hard as a RS Fr.
Listed as one of the 16 biggest steals of 2016 class on 247sports

"13. Donovan Williams, QB, Connecticut - Athletic dual-threat quarterback with size (6-3+, 210), smarts, upside, a live arm and mobility. Some feel he’s the top QB prospect in 2016 in Virginia. Versatile recruit with the ability to play QB or wide receiver on the next level. The former James Madison commit checks off on almost all of the wanted requirements on the evaluation list."

Live arm! When was the last time we had one of those?

Reaction Score

"13. Donovan Williams, QB, Connecticut - Athletic dual-threat quarterback with size (6-3+, 210), smarts, upside, a live arm and mobility. Some feel he’s the top QB prospect in 2016 in Virginia. Versatile recruit with the ability to play QB or wide receiver on the next level. The former James Madison commit checks off on almost all of the wanted requirements on the evaluation list."

Boyle

Reaction Score
Rewster said:
Boyle

That is fair, was thinking in the context of a starting QB for us, Boyle def has the tools, threw some beautiful passes while in there, did not always hit our receivers though.

Reaction Score
Don't think Boyle has the mobility Donovan Williams has. With our OL u gotta have mobility

Reaction Score
That is fair, was thinking in the context of a starting QB for us, Boyle def has the tools, threw some beautiful passes while in there, did not always hit our receivers though.

Just messin with you Hoboken. I was specifically referring to the "live arm" comment.
I know what you mean though. Its iexciting to think about a player with all those tools.

I always want good decision making and accuracy first off with QB's. There are so many qualities that make a good QB. It's been a long time sense a UConn QB has possessed several of them.

Reaction Score

2011 - we got both... arguable the top QB in VA and a live Arm.

"Nebrich is a prospect that you can't help but like with a riverboat gambler style and quick, live arm."

Reaction Score
He clearly doesn't have the tools. He's shown us that.

Reaction Score
BNich said:
He clearly doesn't have the tools. He's shown us that.

I think it depends on your definition of "tools". I think if tools a physical attributes. With Boyle, he clearly demonstrated several times that he has high D1 arm strength and threw a beautiful ball while in there. He also has high D1 body type and size for a pro style attack. Where Tim never seemed to make the jump was on the mental side of the game: decision making and accuracy. None of our coaches were able to get through to him in that regard: hopefully someone at EKU can, the kid was a good soldier for UConn football and I wish him nothing but success at EKU or wherever he ends up.

Reaction Score
What's your crusade in knocking this kid? He's moving on, we should to. Kid had a lot go against him during his time here and didn't sulk. Hope he blows up somewhere during his last year.
No crusade. He just wasn't the QB this team needed.

Reaction Score
I think over the past 4+ years all our kids caught a tough break. Whoever moved before their eligibility expired I hope you they all have/had success wherever they finish(ed) they're playing careers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom