2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament - UConn's Road to Omaha | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament - UConn's Road to Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cjt6jSkWUAAJ7cI.jpg

Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn pitching rotation will be shuffled to give Anthony Kay another day of rest. In other words, pitch Tim Cate on Friday, and have Kay go on Saturday for a possible Florida match up assuming both teams win their opening games.

Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn pitching rotation will be shuffled to give Anthony Kay another day of rest. In other words, pitch Tim Cate on Friday, and have Kay go on Saturday for a possible Florida match up assuming both teams win their opening games.
I like having Kay second. Extra rest as you mentioned, and pitching him second will likely either line him up against Florida or put him in the position to keep UConn alive if GT wins the first game.

Reaction Score
3 AAC teams make the tourney. Houston did not make it, as I and many other people expected.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Do not like this draw. Georgia Tech is a meh two seed but they have an ace of their own (and have little hope of beating us without him). Florida is loaded.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I absolutely would hold Kay back until game two (but I am bit the one making the decisions). The additional day of rest would be very beneficial and it could be argued that game two is more important than game one.

One other twist, as the announcers (when they discussed our bracket) stated GT has a veteran group of hitters. With that in mind I would start Montgomerie in game one (as Cate is a freshman).

This could be fun!

Reaction Score
Well don't like the draw of being put in with the #1 overall and very loaded Florida team. But I am excited that it is within good driving distance so will plan on buying my tickets tomorrow when they go on sale. The other cool thing is my father-in-law is a Georgia Tech grad so bragging rights on the line. Sure wish we would have gotten the same 2/3 match up with Ga Tech but in Nashville instead.

Reaction Score
Interesting tidbit to the UConn-Georgia Tech game that I'm aware of because of Chris Jones talking about it during UConn baseball broadcast on WHUS. I believe the game will feature the two active career hit leaders in NCAA Division 1 baseball, Matt Gonzales for Georgia Tech and Bobby Melley for UConn.

Reaction Score
3 AAC teams make the tourney. Houston did not make it, as I and many other people expected.
Obviously, Houston needed to beat a better baseball team, athletic department, university, and BIG-time CR program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom