2015 World University/PanAm Games trials roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 World University/PanAm Games trials roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There is only one player (Hines-Allen of Louisville) eligible for U19 who was invited to the tryouts for University/Pan Am, so this appears to have been done totally by age. My speculation would be that the one player was unavailable for the U19 dates and was given a courtesy invitation to this team instead.
With the quality of the college Freshmen available, the high school players (particularly 2016ers) are going to have a hard time making that squad. Even Cox will have difficulty competing against the likes of Wilson and Stevens.
Hines-Allen's coach is an assistant on the U19 team. The coaching staff has been known for a while now so Jeff would have been in a position to remove any conflicts in her schedule. Wilson and Stevens are committed players, Cox has yet to commit and has both South Carolina and Louisville on her list of possible schools. Somehow, (wink wink) I think she will be on that team regardless of how she fares against Wilson and Stevens during the actual tryouts.

Reaction Score
Hines-Allen's coach is an assistant on the U19 team. The coaching staff has been known for a while now so Jeff would have been in a position to remove any conflicts in her schedule. Wilson and Stevens are committed players, Cox has yet to commit and has both South Carolina and Louisville on her list of possible schools. Somehow, (wink wink) I think she will be on that team regardless of how she fares against Wilson and Stevens during the actual tryouts.

Hey, these kids have lives outside of basketball. It could be family, medical procedure, etc., a whole myriad of circumstances that could make a conflict in dates unreconcilable. Particularly since her coach is on the staff of U19, my theory has even more credence.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I'm thrilled to see Hines-Allen on this roster of trials rather than U19. She has a better shot of making one of these 2 teams than she does of making the U19 team, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom