2015 World University/PanAm Games trials roster | The Boneyard

2015 World University/PanAm Games trials roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Odd the 5th paragraph ends ....and Stewart. What is up with that, who are they talking about?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ok I'll say it and take my lumps accordingly. I don't trust the size (bigs) Russell, Coates, Reimer, Mavunga, Imani McGee-Stafford on this team even a little bit. Someone needs to call up Morgan Tuck and Briana Turner and start groveling now! Even call Graves of LadyVols if you have to.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Ok I'll say it and take my lumps accordingly. I don't trust the size (bigs) Russell, Coates, Reimer, Mavunga, Imani McGee-Stafford on this team even a little bit. Someone needs to call up Morgan Tuck and Briana Turner and start groveling now! Even call Graves of LadyVols if you have to.

Graves was invited but opted not to go.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Coates, Mavunga, and Reimer are all fine players. I hear that Stewart kid is pretty good. Brionna Jones is solid as well, who you didn't mention.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Mercedes being invited is good. This will tell us more about where she is physically.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coates, Mavunga, and Reimer are all fine players.
True but I would rather have Tuck, Graves & Turner-all former USA basketball gold medalist.
I hear that Stewart kid is pretty good.
I guess so, good enough they didn't bother listing her first name or the school she played at, as was done for everyone else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Odd the 5th paragraph ends ....and Stewart. What is up with that, who are they talking about?

Stewie is the lead-in for the entire article. That sentence in the fifth paragraph is therefore a totally proper citation, given the context.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Could we have one of the moderators change the title of the Thread to indicate rosters for two teams PanAm Games and World University teams because (24) total players will be selected from the list of 54 players who accepted invitations.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Mercedes being invited is good. This will tell us more about where she is physically.
Yeah, I would love to see what she is all about other than being tall.

Reaction Score
Mavunga and Reimer have gold medals. Russell has more than most. She was the starting center on 3 other USA teams. I think she makes one of the teams. I still maintain she will end up being the best of the posts that were invited... eventually.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stewie is the lead-in for the entire article. That sentence in the fifth paragraph is therefore a totally proper citation, given the context. Next time, read the whole piece before criticizing the journalist.
You are corect. Either the posting was updated or my spell check misssd the reference to Breanna Stewart in the first paragraph on the original posting at ~2:15.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I hope some of the games are on TV again.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mavunga and Reimer have gold medals. Russell has more than most. She was the starting center on 3 other USA teams. I think she makes one of the teams. I still maintain she will end up being the best of the posts that were invited... eventually.
I should have been more specific Tuck and Graves have won a USA gold medal playing alongside Stewie & MoJeff. On those teams Graves played better basketball that she has ever played in a Tenn. Uniform. No coincidence that the UCONN offense looks so much better with Tuck in the line up. Why mess up a good thing?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No Morgan Tuck. She probably doesn't want to take any chances with her knee. Good for her, bad for the U.S.A. teams

They should win with or without Tuck

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wish Mercedes well, the invite is only a good thing if she is healthy. I'm not sure you want to use these tryouts to measure where you are at physically. Stakes are too high competition too good IMO.

Reaction Score
There is only one player (Hines-Allen of Louisville) eligible for U19 who was invited to the tryouts for University/Pan Am, so this appears to have been done totally by age. My speculation would be that the one player was unavailable for the U19 dates and was given a courtesy invitation to this team instead.
With the quality of the college Freshmen available, the high school players (particularly 2016ers) are going to have a hard time making that squad. Even Cox will have difficulty competing against the likes of Wilson and Stevens.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I wish Mercedes well, the invite is only a good thing if she is healthy. I'm not sure you want to use these tryouts to measure where you are at physically. Stakes are too high competition too good IMO.
Yes I think if she makes the team. It will say she should be ready for the season in November. I think Diamond should be a lock to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom