2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I LOVE all these guys were bringing in , but they will all stall unless we bring in about 4 more OL

We don't have room for 4 more OL. Have you looked at the kids we are bringing back? We may have an issue at OL but its a youth issue right now and unless HCBD tells kids to transfer we can't allocate close to 20 scholarships to OL. The fact that we picked up another OT was somewhat surprising for me. I figured if they got another OL it would be a G/C. Typically coaching staff have use anywhere from 12-15(max) scholarships to the OL. We already have 15 for next year.

Guys coming back/in: (8 T, 7 OG/C)

G Samra
T Knappe
T Levy
T Rutherford
G Crozier
C Bockeloh
T Gifford
G Oak
G Nwokeji
T Hopkins
G Schafenacker
G Rugg
T Hashemi
T Lee
T Cespedes

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't think all those players will be in the program next year, so 2-4 more OL wouldn't be out of the question. I don't believe a coach can outright and directly tell a kid he needs to transfer, but there are ways to let him know that UConn may not be the best place for him. Saban does it every year. How else do you think he has a 25 member class every year with only 85 available scholarships? IIRC, Coach Diaco has already told the media that Schafenacker will not be seeing the game field this year.

Reaction Score
I don't think all those players will be in the program next year, so 2-4 more OL wouldn't be out of the question. I don't believe a coach can outright and directly tell a kid he needs to transfer, but there are ways to let him know that UConn may not be the best place for him. Saban does it every year. How else do you think he has a 25 member class every year with only 85 available scholarships? IIRC, Coach Diaco has already told the media that Schafenacker will not be seeing the game field this year.

I get that it happens to a handful of kids each year. But I see maybe 2 tops in this rotation that will go else where. The truth is that there is playing time to be had on this OL and nobody has a set starting spot this year which should motivate those kids to come back and compete. The number 1 reason kids leave is because they feel buried on the depth chart and that isn't the case for anyone considering the poor play on the 1st team.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I get that it happens to a handful of kids each year. But I see maybe 2 tops in this rotation that will go else where. The truth is that there is playing time to be had on this OL and nobody has a set starting spot this year which should motivate those kids to come back and compete. The number 1 reason kids leave is because they feel buried on the depth chart and that isn't the case for anyone considering the poor play on the 1st team.
Or they can't hack it in the classroom, a la Xavier Hemingway, Joe Williams, and E.J. Norris and their scholarship "isn't renewed."

Reaction Score
Or they can't hack it in the classroom, a la Xavier Hemingway, Joe Williams, and E.J. Norris and their scholarship "isn't renewed."

ok. true. In that case I'm sure we will see Diaco continue to recruit the position based upon whether or not he says academic casualties at the end of the year. If everyone is in good standing he is not going to over load the position and not have schollys to go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Way to call folks out bro...

Husky25

Reaction Score
Way to call folks out bro...
Seriously? So it's your turn to be offended on behalf of someone else?

It's part of the public record and they no longer play for UConn. Two of the three have arrest records. It's good that Williams caught on somewhere else and appears to have gotten his life together, but it's well passed the time these young men ceased being children and crossed the threshold to adulthood. UConn is in their collective rearviews and I highly doubt any one of them care what an anonymous poster has to say on a message board.:rolleyes:

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
What are our chances of landing Jack Bates from Virginia as another OL?

I don't know but it won't be easy. Bates is being recruited by ECU, Temple, Nevada, a few Ivy schools, and a few FCS schools.

Reaction Score
I don't know but it won't be easy. Bates is being recruited by ECU, Temple, Nevada, a few Ivy schools, and a few FCS schools.

I like our chances here... We're in the same realm of these programs... if not better (just not on the field this year)

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Marcus Marshall seems to have cut his list to 5. We're not on it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'd take Holman in a second. 6'6" 230 lbs. he was Brazilian Jujitzu world champion for his age group as a 17 year old. Could play OL or DE.

Or keep him close to the same size and make him a WR who dominates smaller DB's and craps safeties for breakfast.

One of my roommates sophomore year was some sort of Jujitzu champion and that kid was freakishly athletic. He was about 6'4", 230. Saw him kick a 10' regulation BB rim in the fieldhouse. I also saw him get naked, fight our couch then in the tub after drinking 3 Bartles & James, a 2 liter bottle of Purple Passion and just the sauce from 2 Spaghetti-O cans.

He didn't let loose much but when he did, it was scary and awesome at the same time.

I forget what we were talking about...

Reaction Score
Or keep him close to the same size and make him a WR who dominates smaller DB's and craps safeties for breakfast.

One of my roommates sophomore year was some sort of Jujitzu champion and that kid was freakishly athletic. He was about 6'4", 230. Saw him kick a 10' regulation BB rim in the fieldhouse. I also saw him get naked, fight our couch then in the tub after drinking 3 Bartles & James, a 2 liter bottle of Purple Passion and just the sauce from 2 Spaghetti-O cans.

He didn't let loose much but when he did, it was scary and awesome at the same time.

Where did you study biology?

Reaction Score

Post of the Week!

Reaction Score
#6 above: DE from Philly

@MillerShareef: TOP 7 SCHOOLS LEFT FOR ME
1.PENN STATE
2.TEMPLE
3.ARIZONA STATE
4.RUTGERS
5.PITTSBURGH
6.VIRGINA TECH
7.PURDUE