2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty sure BC had nothing to do with him leaving UCONN off as he's not and most likely wont be coming to BC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Pretty sure BC had nothing to do with him leaving UCONN off as he's not and most likely wont be coming to BC.

Why do u have to completely burry this. It's more fun when things are silly.

We all know lubern tried to commit to MSU today and they were like what lol. U need to visit and workout for us. This ain't little league kid. We like your tape but get up here. And that's that. Then the dazzler got u up to 20 with filler. Top half is nice quality tob good side and the bottom half is spaz like.

Fun times

Reaction Score
Have seen Twitter chatter about The Hackley School's Mustafaa Dais a 6-2 175 lbs WR/DB with a UConn offer. Hackley School is in Tarrytown NY and plays in same league as Hopkins, Hamden Hall Kingswood /Oxford, St Lukes, etc...

Other offers are Temple, Army, Fordham, Maine and Lafayette. Also camped/visited Duke and BC.

Also excels @ High Jump, Triple Jump and Long Jump.

Reaction Score
uconnbuzztap 11:34am via buzztap
UConn Report (Rivals) >> UConn back in Georgia buzztap.com/-5cLK37

Article by JB talking about UConn recruiting effort in GA regarding Ari Werts, a 6-4 220 lb TE out of Stone Mountain GA - Stephenson High (alma mater of RS So David Stevenson). Offers from us, MTSU and ODU. Talks about GT and GA State showing the most "love" right now. Has visted GT. Vols, Auburn and MTSU. Being recruited by Coach Perkins

247 Sports - http://247sports.com/Player/Ari-Werts-30110

Luchky17 10:29pm via Tweet Button
Georgia State Football Recruiting: 3 Star TE Ari Werts Commits to GSU over UCONN & Iowa State

Guessing Luke Carrezola got back to UConn first.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Have seen Twitter chatter about The Hackley School's Mustafaa Dais a 6-2 175 lbs WR/DB with a UConn offer. Hackley School is in Tarrytown NY and plays in same league as Hopkins, Hamden Hall Kingswood /Oxford, St Lukes, etc...

Other offers are Temple, Army, Fordham, Maine and Lafayette. Also camped/visited Duke and BC.

Also excels @ High Jump, Triple Jump and Long Jump.

I'd offer him a FB scholly based on that alone. We need to recruit AND develop pure athletes.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Why do u have to completely burry this. It's more fun when things are silly.

We all know lubern tried to commit to MSU today and they were like what lol. U need to visit and workout for us. This ain't little league kid. We like your tape but get up here. And that's that. Then the dazzler got u up to 20 with filler. Top half is nice quality tob good side and the bottom half is spaz like.

Fun times
Not much filler in this class and each player has a pre determined role he will fit into. The dazzler and staff have done a tremendous job so far. Reopening lines into some Southern states (6) and keeping in state talent at home (7). Many of these recruits are very athletic and will be able to play multiple positions if needed. Rivals, 247 Sports, and ESPN have given high marks to this class so far. There are still between 5-7 spots still avail in this class. The difference between the two coaches is quite evident. Dazzler hustles and works hard recruiting, uses social media, and exhibits EMOTION and ENERGY!
We suffered for four years with a coach that had none of those attributes. It decimated a very proud program, and now it will take an equal amount of time to rebuild it. Each young man is valuable and has something to offer or he would not have been given a four year scholarship. Calling them a filler is insulting and ignorant. Would love to see you pointing out in person, face to face which guys are the fillers. What do you know about evaluating talent. Leave that to the coaches and recruiters who get paid to do it, and make a living at it.

Reaction Score

@Welcome back to the "place you don't remember posting"!! Bceagles, anyone new at BC recruiting to embellish (rub in) ? With BC's recruiting resurgence you ought to go .500 in 3 or 4 years and maybe find a fan or two!Question,do you think UConn is worthy of the next opening to compete in the ACC or do you think we fall short(although the B1G is preferential)?Be honest!

Reaction Score
@Welcome back to the "place you don't remember posting"!! Bceagles, anyone new at BC recruiting to embellish (rub in) ? With BC's recruiting resurgence you ought to go .500 in 3 or 4 years and maybe find a fan or two!Question,do you think UConn is worthy of the next opening to compete in the ACC or do you think we fall short(although the B1G is preferential)?Be honest!
Your a hoot......back to back 5-7 seasons and your current coach P.P. is a mirror image of the Spaz. You should be asking when is YOUR next 500 season going to be. The way things are looking now your in for a long tough road. We hit rock bottom last year and we own it. Yours is still to come. Twelve consecutive winning seasons and bowl appearances, including two A.C.C Atlantic Division titles and championship game appearances. Then came Spaz and a steady decline in wins and recruits, 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, 2-10. When you hit bottom B.C. will be back to winning. You see it happens to the best of them. Karma is a b*tch.

Reaction Score
Your a hoot......back to back 5-7 seasons and your current coach P.P. is a mirror image of the Spaz. You should be asking when is YOUR next 500 season going to be. The way things are looking now your in for a long tough road. We hit rock bottom last year and we own it. Yours is still to come. Twelve consecutive winning seasons and bowl appearances, including two A.C.C Atlantic Division titles and championship game appearances. Then came Spaz and a steady decline in wins and recruits, 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, 2-10. When you hit bottom B.C. will be back to winning. You see it happens to the best of them. Karma is a b*tch.

@This particular post was asked of BCeagles a so called sympathizer and friendly visitor so MYOB!!Act like you do when your a guest...or is this it?No wonder no one likes BC in the ACC!!Need another chewing out from Tobacco road?Remember your welcome to leave at any time!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So the tight end we jus got
- is only 6'3
- only got a temple offer

And yet all this time we spent in the south with our first 125 offers out and at stone mnt ga where we offered the whole team we had a kid looking to give a verbal somewhere and he verbals to gast over uconn and IST? Am I reading that right? He had a b12 and uconn offer and went to gast?

Either his grades were not up to par so he was going to partial qualify
Or
The commit we just took was the 2nd and last tight end slot in this class

Tell me why
A- we would not tell the kid who committed to wait a minute and check with this kid first
B- we don't play in the b10 we should be stacking our roster with partial kids. That's how u get the best of the rest aka what Lville did pre big east and what Boise does today.
C- we didn't have a better feel for the kids commit time considering we offered the whole stone mnt team. We should have a pulse down there.
D- all we have heard about is size and so far P has lived up to the we recruit size blah blah quotes. What happened with that now?

Reaction Score
So the tight end we jus got
- is only 6'3
- only got a temple offer

And yet all this time we spent in the south with our first 125 offers out and at stone mnt ga where we offered the whole team we had a kid looking to give a verbal somewhere and he verbals to gast over uconn and IST? Am I reading that right? He had a b12 and uconn offer and went to gast?

Either his grades were not up to par so he was going to partial qualify
Or
The commit we just took was the 2nd and last tight end slot in this class

Tell me why
A- we would not tell the kid who committed to wait a minute and check with this kid first
B- we don't play in the b10 we should be stacking our roster with partial kids. That's how u get the best of the rest aka what Lville did pre big east and what Boise does today.
C- we didn't have a better feel for the kids commit time considering we offered the whole stone mnt team. We should have a pulse down there.
D- all we have heard about is size and so far P has lived up to the we recruit size blah blah quotes. What happened with that now?

OR

E - He was possibly recruited for another position??

>>"Coach Pasqualoni was watching me almost the whole time. He said I could either play defensive end or tight end and that I am definitely a D1 player. I really enjoyed working with Coach Foley and I am confident that I impressed him. They also had me try some linebacker. I was very impressed by the facilities and liked all the coaches." UConn actually offered Carrezola as either a tight end or defensive end, which provides them with some recruiting flexibility. <<

You had a BC fan straight out call you out and this is your first post in the thread since...? SMH

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
OR

E - He was possibly recruited for another position??

>>"Coach Pasqualoni was watching me almost the whole time. He said I could either play defensive end or tight end and that I am definitely a D1 player. I really enjoyed working with Coach Foley and I am confident that I impressed him. They also had me try some linebacker. I was very impressed by the facilities and liked all the coaches." UConn actually offered Carrezola as either a tight end or defensive end, which provides them with some recruiting flexibility. <<

You had a BC fan straight out call you out and this is your first post in the thread since...? SMH

The kid wants to play tight end and made it clear that's his number 1 spot. But the staff is flexible with that de/te slot we all know and the kid seems very down to earth if he can't hack it one way then the other is it.

We are loaded at lb and have britton and Sylva for 2014 coming in. Only a stuf lb like strachan was going to be allowed in. This kid will not sniff lb until his jr or sr. Year at the earliest if they move him position wise. Bar more the Yale qb commit was more impressive as a lb in camps.

As for a bc guy calling me out. He's lost on here with what I post as real info and what's goofy ball crap and what's sarcastic. Me and 24 are on a different page sarcasm wise and so the last page looks weird. That's all. The guy basically stated a bunch of facts and then tried to puff chest by saying well face to face u would be a vs a big football player. He must be related to southtamapbill. Clown shoes.

BCS class has a very clear top half with the middle being quality all things considered up there the past years and what not. But the bottom of the class is filler. When you offer a local kid who couldn't get the local fcs offers and runs a bad 40 but because he has a family member working at bc that's filler. The Internet fans can spin it any way they want. Beltzer is filler. When you spend a couple years down as a program and lose your nj connections, spaz murdered them. You have to make some moves and regain them. Sweeney from Bosch is filler. That hs is a factory so every coach east of Hawaii has tabs on it. The kid had no offers. He's tommy Myers without the muscle, weight and skills. He's a project flyer. But he helps to quickly re establish bosco and bc as a nice pipe line. Filler. Schmal. Filler. And so on.

The dazzler has quickly proved that he can land really good prospects and do all the things that a program like bc should be doing. But he's a slick sob when it comes to this business. He's not going to blow his load in year 1 because he knows that this team he has on the field is going to be bad this fall. So make year 2 his best class. Year 1 show your for real and fill in a bit. Anything is a improvement. Get a couple locals with legacy and some big time kids and the energy and feeling is great. Year 2 show out on the trail and year 3 go balls to the wall with your recruits and get yourself a sec job. Not hard to scheme this all up. I remember sitting here in December while ppl here were laughing about this hire thinking how silly everyone is. I posted day 2 cents. I'm way mor e right then most of this board on him. Slowly this board is waking up thread by thread to what is going on. I just can't wait much longer because waking up every day and knowing my favorite team sucks makes me want to put a dam mets or Astros hat on or something.

Reaction Score
The kid wants to play tight end and made it clear that's his number 1 spot. But the staff is flexible with that de/te slot we all know and the kid seems very down to earth if he can't hack it one way then the other is it.

I have not seen anything about him "making it clear that TE is his #1 spot" - he seemed open.

I think you missed the DE piece... the LB try-out mention was a throw-away.

Reaction Score
I have not seen anything about him "making it clear that TE is his #1 spot" - he seemed open.

Don't interrupt him on yet another of his tiresome mindless, factless, negative rants. I swear it's time for another break for me. This is place is unbearable with him injecting his nonsense into every thread.

Reaction Score

We are loaded at lb and have britton and Sylva for 2014 coming in. Only a stuf lb like strachan was going to be allowed in. This kid will not sniff lb until his jr or sr. Year at the earliest if they move him position wise. Bar more the Yale qb commit was more impressive as a lb in camps.

As for a bc guy calling me out. He's lost on here with what I post as real info and what's goofy ball crap and what's sarcastic. Me and 24 are on a different page sarcasm wise and so the last page looks weird. That's all. The guy basically stated a bunch of facts and then tried to puff chest by saying well face to face u would be a vs a big football player. He must be related to southtamapbill. Clown shoes.

BCS class has a very clear top half with the middle being quality all things considered up there the past years and what not. But the bottom of the class is filler. When you offer a local kid who couldn't get the local fcs offers and runs a bad 40 but because he has a family member working at bc that's filler. The Internet fans can spin it any way they want. Beltzer is filler. When you spend a couple years down as a program and lose your nj connections, spaz murdered them. You have to make some moves and regain them. Sweeney from Bosch is filler. That hs is a factory so every coach east of Hawaii has tabs on it. The kid had no offers. He's tommy Myers without the muscle, weight and skills. He's a project flyer. But he helps to quickly re establish bosco and bc as a nice pipe line. Filler. Schmal. Filler. And so on.

The dazzler has quickly proved that he can land really good prospects and do all the things that a program like bc should be doing. But he's a slick sob when it comes to this business. He's not going to blow his load in year 1 because he knows that this team he has on the field is going to be bad this fall. So make year 2 his best class. Year 1 show your for real and fill in a bit. Anything is a improvement. Get a couple locals with legacy and some big time kids and the energy and feeling is great. Year 2 show out on the trail and year 3 go balls to the wall with your recruits and get yourself a sec job. Not hard to scheme this all up. I remember sitting here in December while ppl here were laughing about this hire thinking how silly everyone is. I posted day 2 cents. I'm way mor e right then most of this board on him. Slowly this board is waking up thread by thread to what is going on. I just can't wait much longer because waking up every day and knowing my favorite team sucks makes me want to put a dam mets or Astros hat on or something.

Reaction Score
Don't interrupt him on yet another of his tiresome mindless, factless, negative rants. I swear it's time for another break for me. This is place is unbearable with him injecting his nonsense into every thread.
Just visualize Bluto ranting about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor and it's easier to take.

Attachments

• belushi.jpg
    belushi.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 89
Reaction Score
The number of messages/posts you have on here versus the amount of time you have been a member (2 1/2) years or so speaks volumes. It says you have an opinion on EVERYTHING related to U Conn. That in itself is not a bad thing, but it does bring into question how valid/accurate/factual some of your information is. Sounds like you know a lot about most any topic. I trust the judgement of the coaching staff that ANYONE given a four year scholarship has earned it and has something to bring to the table with varying degrees of talent and potential.

After all Thousands of young men are recruited, and they ALL cant be rated as four and five star recruits. Doug Flutie was never recruited hard, people said he was to small/short to play big time college ball. Matt Ryan and Luke K. were three star recruits. Who would have known they would go onto the N.F.L. and be very successful. You will find some hidden gems from the ranks of these so called BACK FILLERS. Some guys fly under the radar, and at B.C. that happens often. The strict criteria needed to enroll at B.C. limits the profile of the recruits. Talk to me in four years after Bletzer and Sweeney have GRADUATED and see how things pan out. EVERY SCHOOL takes a chance on each recruit, some do well others not so great. But they will walk out with a degree and a great life experience and yes sometimes even move on to the N.F.L.

Your STAR STRUCK (STUCK) omg the kid had little interest, omg the kid has two stars, blah.. blah. You cant see beyond the stats, numbers, figures. BACK FILLERS don't exist period. Glad you know so much about the mindset and thoughts of Sweeney, and Bletzer and why and how they ended up at B.C. The Figaro rant has to take the cake though...I mean wow, did you really, seriously suggest there was a conspiracy formed between B.C. coaches and Figaro to smear U Conn....really? You should remain focused on whats going on with your own recruitment in Storrs, and less on how much you supposedly know about B.C.'s current verbals. Sorry but I can only give you ONE STAR out of FIVE, but hey you have a lot of potential, and btw I would never label you as BACK FILLER.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

He has told every site and person reporting on him he is a tight end. The te/de position we all know this staff looks for the same type of player. That's just another rotation. The staff must like him as a athlete. The kid wants to pla tight end. He's short. Especially compared to Fuchs and Myers. When he doesn't get time he can move to de and his height is fine for that. The staff clearly sees this in due time. Sell the kids now and let them adapt.

Here comes jimmy s to the rescue.....

POST #527 was meant for you Husky Dan

Yea u really got me. I'm star struck. What position will bletzer play on don browns defense? I would love to know that answer. Fullback? I hope he gets 3 stars just like flutie did. They are no offer family hook ups for this class and you pay for play sites are just jumping on the fanbase has life again bandwagon to see how many customers they can add this year. It's clearly working. Have u bought in yet?

Reaction Score
He has told every site and person reporting on him he is a tight end. The te/de position we all know this staff looks for the same type of player. That's just another rotation. The staff must like him as a athlete. The kid wants to pla tight end. He's short. Especially compared to Fuchs and Myers. When he doesn't get time he can move to de and his height is fine for that. The staff clearly sees this in due time. Sell the kids now and let them adapt.

Here comes jimmy s to the rescue.....

Yea u really got me. I'm star struck. What position will bletzer play on don browns defense? I would love to know that answer. Fullback? I hope he gets 3 stars just like flutie did. They are no offer family hook ups for this class and you pay for play sites are just jumping on the fanbase has life again bandwagon to see how many customers they can add this year. It's clearly working. Have u bought in yet?

Reaction Score
POST #527 was meant for you Husky Dan

Dude... learn how to post on a message board. You screwed it up again. Go back to a BCU board for remedial education and come back when you get it ;).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dude... learn how to post on a message board. You screwed it up again. Go back to a BCU board for remedial education and come back when you get it ;).

Yea really. And when you figure it out, go c k yourself.

Reaction Score
Who knows where he will be placed, I don't pretend to know either, unlike you who seems to have it all figured out no matter the subject. LOL ya he was taken solely as a Flutie, not with standing of his on field accomplishments at Natick so far. Family tradition is a great thing and your bound to have several generations attend the same school its called a legacy and Doug paved the way. The kid earned a spot on his own merit, and any suggestion otherwise was addressed by the Dazzler. You just cant help yourself from taking shots at these young men can you, rather sad and pathetic.

Have been here through thick and thin just like most B.C. supporters. Like all schools, including yours, you have your fringe elements that hop on and off the ole wagon. Thats the nature of the beast. Attracting new eyes and holding onto your core supporters, and generating revenue very key. Whatever it takes, call it what you will, however it gets done, its the modern day reality of college ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom