2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah Cohee is an interesting one would assume MLB but he's an athletic kid could even grow into a DE. Baker is a big get. Only taking 2 OL need them to be quality guys. Addazio can recruit hopefully he can coach them up too.

Reaction Score
Bob Lichtenfels (@BobLichtenfels)
4/19/13, 9:10 PM
Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln DT Thomas Holley picks up an offer from #Tennessee today...#Vols

Talk about a recruit blowing up...

He's the Ebenezer Ogundeko of this year's recruiting class

Reaction Score
I haven't posted our last two commit I posted this because they are relevant to UCONN asshat

listen jerk,

Earlier today we were officially delegated once and for all to arguably a worse fake Conference USA than the previous actual Conference USA. We are probably past the point of receiving good recruiting news until sometime around 2030 and for all intents and purposes unless we go renegade, it will never happen again.

So please go away,

nojokea4

Reaction Score
listen jerk,

Earlier today we were officially delegated once and for all to arguably a worse fake Conference USA than the previous actual Conference USA. We are probably past the point of receiving good recruiting news until sometime around 2030 and for all intents and purposes unless we go renegade, it will never happen again.

So please go away,

nojokea4

Really dude?

Reaction Score
Really dude?

Are you feeling optimistic right now? Maybe my post is a little [very] over the top, but I'm not feeling to great about things right now. This GOR thing seems to mean no chance to get back to a BCS conference and we're already sitting here with a miserable recruiting start. This BC guy says he's not trolling, but what else is he doing? Repeating twitter information?

Reaction Score
Are you feeling optimistic right now? Maybe my post is a little [very] over the top, but I'm not feeling to great about things right now. This GOR thing seems to mean no chance to get back to a BCS conference and we're already sitting here with a miserable recruiting start. This BC guy says he's not trolling, but what else is he doing? Repeating twitter information?

He's been posting on the recruiting board for a long time... mutual back and forth. He normally has good info on recruits.

(and if he was actually trolling - why whine to a rival fan and give him "bulletin board" material?).

pj

Reaction Score
Whether you are optimistic or feel like cr*p, there's no excuse for being rude.

Invictus:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Reaction Score
Whether you are optimistic or feel like cr*p, there's no excuse for being rude.

Invictus:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fine, I apologize to the antagonistic BCU poster.

As to the Henley poem, so renegade it is then?

Reaction Score
Today...

Canisius HS Football@CanisiusHSFB9h
Canisius is honored to welcome Coach Day from the UConn football program to campus today. #Huskies

Canisius HS Football@CanisiusHSFB7h
UConn has offered RB Qadree Ollison! They are the 10th school (8th BCS) to offer. #Huskies #DoubleDigits

Qadree is a 3* 6-1 225 lb RB being recruited by Shane Day and Kermitt Buggs. Offers besides UConn - - Buffalo, Cincy, Nevada, Turtle, Iowa, Rutty, Orange, Wisconsin, and Pitt.

Other highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/557037/#highlights/32900415

Reaction Score
I haven't posted our last two commit I posted this because they are relevant to UCONN asshat

Hey, keep it up Skippy. I've been posting on this board for almost 10 years. Keep on calling poster like me asshat and see how long your ass stays on this board. Your sorry recruiting site will have all three BC fans as followers.

Reaction Score
Hey, keep it up Skippy. I've been posting on this board for almost 10 years. Keep on calling poster like me asshat and see how long your ass stays on this board. Your sorry recruiting site will have all three BC fans as followers.

uconndogs, you pompous arse, will you please shut up? You and nojokea4 are so obviously the problem here. BCeagles24 is a valued part of this board whether you like it or not. I think I speak for most when I say I appreciate his tidbits about recruiting, especially with HuskyFanDan in the slammer. BCeagles has clearly made the effort to be peaceful and not be too much of a BC homer. Baker and Cohee are both recruits UConn had been interested in. So what is the issue? Just because you are uninformed, drunk or grouchy doesn't mean you should act like an asshat.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this place is unreal. chase away 24 and besides medic and a few spoty posts exsewhere they might as well shut it down. thanks to 24 for entertaining the place still. hes a good kid. bc is killing it. said it when they hired the dazzler. what they are doing in NE is what i always wanted but i wanted it and NYC which they can not do. thats why we were the perfect prospect for it. huge fail by uconn....

among all the issues with p, this is my favorite. last 2 years ppl thought i was a dic* because i wasn't happy about no offer kids early and questioned some kids meanwhile the uptick was steady. were going to have a small class of about 15 this year. but because of p's tard ability to screw things up like its CF 1985, he overloaded ships. p thinks we have around 8(sylva, bryan, cunningham, summers, fuchs...) verbals right now in preps/jucos. we may lose some becuase p wont reoffer to the fall which is stupid. he also thinks we lead and will land newsome and dintino and a ct qb if needed. thats why the trail sucks this year. brown is stealing all our recruits with years of built up chat like yiadom for example. its a bloodbath to be nice. our class will be full of quality, but the way we get it will hurt us persception wise. once again this schools simply does not get it. i would be willing to bet right now that at least half of the kids we have in jucos/preps never play here and either commit elsewhere or dont put the effort in grades wise or for other reasons. just how goes and p is full of .

its been years of me pumping new england rising recruit wise and targeting this year bing a monster. the staff knows. i drilled it into there heads. laying a egg is a understatement. i can't even sit here and defend wholley, foley or hank any more trail wise. if we go 8-4 next year but lville, md, ruty and lville are our 4 losses, i want not 1 mother fuc*ing coach back. if that means the equipment manager and the field hockey coach then so be it.

Reaction Score
Honestly it's a really strong year in NE in general and there is for the first time in awhile alot of depth so both schools will get there guys. Guys like Newsome,Cooper,Dinito,etc all aren't getting BC offers in all likelihood. I do wonder how they are going to handle Huard though, seems to be on the back burner for now but I know they feel good about him if they push. Surprised you guys haven't offered good film for him. Feel the same about Hendren although he'd be a decommit risk for any school he commits to.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Honestly it's a really strong year in NE in general and there is for the first time in awhile alot of depth so both schools will get there guys. Guys like Newsome,Cooper,Dinito,etc all aren't getting BC offers in all likelihood. I do wonder how they are going to handle Huard though, seems to be on the back burner for now but I know they feel good about him if they push. Surprised you guys haven't offered good film for him. Feel the same about Hendren although he'd be a decommit risk for any school he commits to.

i feel ok about dintino and newsome. better about newsome because bc wants outlow and thomas and i think they could land both. thomas seems to like md/uva a bit also. cooper is borderline bcs material. odu is all over him and i think bc has no reason now to offer based on where u guys stand at rb in this class. my sleeper in this class is phillips as a apb/slot. i really like his cutting and vision. huard seems to be just out there but not much news. i think uconn has a couple guys in prep/juco at wr/db already so we may not need a lot of recruits at his positions. we seem to have casted a 60-80kid net of all big time recruits to see if we can land a few. and then between that and our stock of jucos/prep we will have 10ish it seems in mind hopefully. i think the strategy and what happened leading up to it sucks because it basically helps reafirm perception wise that were in the aac and sites shoudlnt even pay attention to us info wise. its a media nightmare for a program starving for light. typical uconn vision and strategy.

if bc can get thomas that would be huge. huge huge huge. i would be ok with newsome and mcalister or a nyc rb but outlow was the prize. then newsome, thomas, mcalister and nyc kids. smdh over and over and over. umass also seems poised to land a couple ct kids.

i am not sold on hendren fwiw. just dont see it. i see a kid with everything off the field 100% and a huge frame to work with but i dont see the nfl hungry drive or athleticism within him. just my 2 cents. i would not be surprised if bc stole dintinot away also. if i was them i would now and be set quick at ol.

Reaction Score
BC feels very good about landing Thomas and Strachan think both will be by the middle of summer and Thomas by the end of spring. Throw in Figaro your talking at least 6 MA kids in our class. I think BC is waiting on Hendren because they know he's a lock when offered they can wait it out on a Quenton Nelson or Ray Raulerson. I know BC likes the CT QB Barmore but I think Will Ulmer is our 2nd QB. And yeah totally agree on Outlow not only is he a top RB but he's an awesome recruiter.

Reaction Score
So to summarize thus far, we have offers out to 6 Mass recruits, Baker, Cohee, Yiadom, Figaro, Thomas and Strachan. BCU has verbals from three and the other three seem to favor BC (per this thread). We have confirmed offers out to two CT recruits, Newsome and Outlow and BCU has a verbal from Outlow. We appear to lead for Newsome, but I believe there have been questions in the past about the likelihood of him qualifying (on this board).

We do not seem to have offers to Dintino, Barmore or Cooper but they remain possibilities.

Who that we have offered seems likely as of today? Pete Mokwuah? Billy Ray Mitchell? John Lovett? Qadree Ollison (I don't think so, I think b10)?

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller12:08pm via TweetDeck
Hamden Hall quarterback T.J. Linta attracting interest from #UConn Post original url/11CmGqs

>>One thing that can be said about Paul Pasqualoni's tenure as UConn's head coach is that he has been able to land the top in-state quarterbacks. Two years ago it was record-breaking Masuk High star Casey Cochran and Xavier's Tim Boyle is one of the headliners in the incoming freshman class. Now Hamden Hall's T.J. Linta is the prolific passer attracting attention from the Huskies.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Linta passed for 3,110 yards with 28 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 11 games as a junior at Hamden Hall. He had three 400-yard passing games and was also the Hornets' leading rusher with 474 yards to go with eight rushing touchdowns.

A couple of UConn coaches including quarterbacks coach Shane Day are expected to do a home visit with Linta in the coming days.<<

Linta's dad is NFL Agent Joe Linta. Joe Flacco is one of his premier clients amongst other.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1913809/#highlights/38702416

Capsule from a recent 7on7 comp in NJ.

TJ Linta – QB, Hamden (CT) Hamden Hall
Linta was a pleasant surprise this weekend. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound prospect looked like he dropped some bad weight and it seemed to have increased the quickness in his drop. He threw a very nice, catchable ball and his ability to find the open man and read defenses is hard to top.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So to summarize thus far, we have offers out to 6 Mass recruits, Baker, Cohee, Yiadom, Figaro, Thomas and Strachan. BCU has verbals from three and the other three seem to favor BC (per this thread). We have confirmed offers out to two CT recruits, Newsome and Outlow and BCU has a verbal from Outlow. We appear to lead for Newsome, but I believe there have been questions in the past about the likelihood of him qualifying (on this board).

We do not seem to have offers to Dintino, Barmore or Cooper but they remain possibilities.

Who that we have offered seems likely as of today? Pete Mokwuah? Billy Ray Mitchell? John Lovett? Qadree Ollison (I don't think so, I think b10)?

of the offers we have out today, besides newsome i would not give us a high % on any recruit. thats not a joke. if i had a chart ppl here would ask me to just stick to black and white so much red would be on it as of right now. part of this is me not looking for info like i used to but the other half is kids are buying poop uconn is putting out vs bcs schools. i lean on newsome because he has said in the past he likes uconn and florida schools are his other real like CF wise. all the florida schools have rbs higher ranked chart wise then newsome. so i like where we sit with him. newsome will have no issues qualifying. i know ansonia can have its issues but newsome is the outlier vs the normal report card from ansonia. i think uconn will offer dintino by camp this summer if not sooner. same with mcalister and the dean rb. between the 4 ct qbs in this class, uconn and umass will each land 1 i think. bc as a backup #2 could land 1 also if they miss on others. linta and ciofi are hot news right now. barmore is solid. the 4th i forget his name...

Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels 12:18pm via Twitter for Android
#UConn becomes the latest to offer Bethel Park (Pa.) OT Michael Grimm #WPIAL

6-7 315 lb OL 5.1 40yd.

4* and is ranked the #17 offensive tackle in the nation by Rivals

Offers from" UConn, Zips, Arizona, BC, Baylor, JMU, Pitt, Rutty, Temple, UVA, WVA and Youngstown State. Also interested - Michigan State, Michigan, Virginia Tech , Georgia and Alabama.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9141176

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1128376/#highlights/33998374

Reaction Score
JB reports that UConn offered Jaleel Fields from Aliquippa HS today. There was a mention of his interest in taking a visit to UConn further back in this thread. He's being recruited by Coach Day.

Jaleel is a 6-3280 lb DT. Currently rated as a 2* by Rivals. Other offers from Turtle U, Ohio, Temple and Toledo. Interest from the usual eastern cast of characters.

Of other note, like many others we seem to be chasing (pure athletes):

"Jaleel Fields is one of the top offensive/defensive linemen in the state and already has college football coaches drooling. One of reasons he’s such a prospect is his footwork and pure athleticism and he’s showing it on the basketball court now. His season started late because Aliquippa went to the state championship game but he’s now leading the Quips into the basketball playoffs. He scored 13 to lead Aliquippa to a 69-60 opening round playoff win over Avonworth."

Reaction Score
LMAO...

Kermit E. Buggs (@KBuggs4)
4/25/13, 8:53 PM
Senate just voted to end the air traffic furloughs! Thx - during recruiting delays are bad! #UCONNfootball

Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels 12:18pm via Twitter for Android
#UConn becomes the latest to offer Bethel Park (Pa.) OT Michael Grimm #WPIAL

6-7 315 lb OL 5.1 40yd.

4* and is ranked the #17 offensive tackle in the nation by Rivals

Offers from" UConn, Zips, Arizona, BC, Baylor, JMU, Pitt, Rutty, Temple, UVA, WVA and Youngstown State. Also interested - Michigan State, Michigan, Virginia Tech , Georgia and Alabama.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9141176

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1128376/#highlights/33998374

4/26/13, 10:51 PM
#Vanderbilt offers Bethel Park (Pa.) OT Michael Grimm #WPIAL

Edit - add:

4/27/13, 1:28 PM
Bethel Park (Pa.) OT Michael Grimm picks up an offer from #Indiana #WPIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics