2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels 2:43pm via Twitter for Android
#USC offered Brooklyn (N.Y.) Thomas Jefferson DT Thomas Holley today.

So to recap - UConn, ND, BC, UMD, Ole Miss, Baylor, PSU, FSU. Florida, Rutty, Cuse, Miami, Clemson, Bama, tOSU and USCw

Bob Lichtenfels (@BobLichtenfels)
4/19/13, 9:10 PM
Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln DT Thomas Holley picks up an offer from #Tennessee today...#Vols

Talk about a recruit blowing up...

Not thinking he's going to be visiting UConn as he originally indicated but who knows :)

From a Rivals story:

"Former basketball player Thomas Holley has absolutely blown up over the past few months, bringing in 21 offers at a blistering pace, with more surely on the way. Holley has a strong relationship with Coach Cristobal from Alabama, Coach Sunseri from Florida State, Coach Johnson from Penn State and Coach Franklin at Miami. Holley plans to do a lot of visits during the summer to help him narrow his list. He would like to visit Miami, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State and a few others. His next offers could come from Michigan and Duke."

pj

Reaction Score
Just a reminder about past commits who are now class of 2014 targets:

Jason Sylva-LB, Dean JUCO (Tabor Acd, MA)
Rennick Bryan-OL, Dean JUCO (Hillhouse, CT)
Chris Britton-LB/DB, Prep (PA)
Jordan Fuchs-TE, Prep (CTK, NYC)
Neally Cunningham-WR/DB, JUCO (FL)
Jalan Branford-DB, Prep (PA)
Jamar Summers-DB/WR, Prep (NJ)

There are some outstanding players on that list.

Reaction Score

Papa Sylv@LongJohnSylva44 27 Apr
S/O to UCONN 4 player drafted so far #huskies #bleedblue don't worry UCONN fam I'm wit y'all ! #IMNEXT

Reaction Score

PJ, hate to mention it, but unless something has changed over the last month, I believe that Chris Britton will be enrolled in July as a 2013 commit….

pj

Reaction Score
PJ, hate to mention it, but unless something has changed over the last month, I believe that Chris Britton will be enrolled in July as a 2013 commit….

Thanks, I certainly hope that's the case.

Reaction Score

FWIW, I know originally he was offered preferred walk on/or grey shirt (Pitt did the same) and then we offered him a scholly......But we still have too many guys needing schollys (89), I would think he is a probable candidate to get the greyshirt route like Fuchs did. I'm pretty sure in the Fuchs article it stated that there would be others like him going greyshirt route but it didn't specify who.......

Reaction Score
JB reports that UConn offered Jaleel Fields from Aliquippa HS today. There was a mention of his interest in taking a visit to UConn further back in this thread. He's being recruited by Coach Day.

Jaleel is a 6-3280 lb DT. Currently rated as a 2* by Rivals. Other offers from Turtle U, Ohio, Temple and Toledo. Interest from the usual eastern cast of characters.

Of other note, like many others we seem to be chasing (pure athletes):

"Jaleel Fields is one of the top offensive/defensive linemen in the state and already has college football coaches drooling. One of reasons he’s such a prospect is his footwork and pure athleticism and he’s showing it on the basketball court now. His season started late because Aliquippa went to the state championship game but he’s now leading the Quips into the basketball playoffs. He scored 13 to lead Aliquippa to a 69-60 opening round playoff win over Avonworth."

From a 247 Story tonight... Fields most recent offer, prior to the Panthers offering was from Connecticut. "I actually just spoke to Coach (Paul) Pasqualoni tonight,' he said. "He wants me to come up to their camp and visit. He was telling me about all the guys that they had drafted into the NFL."

Also noted in same story from Bob L is that Fields has a cousin (Terry Smith) who the WR Coach @ Temple.

Reaction Score
Curtis Samuel out of Ehall won Positional MVP this past weekend at New York NFTC. He was there as a WR but can play RB as well as on the defensive side of the ball. He said he feels more comfortable on the offensive side. We need to try and get this kid he is a playmaker.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Curtis Samuel out of Ehall won Positional MVP this past weekend at New York NFTC. He was there as a WR but can play RB as well as on the defensive side of the ball. He said he feels more comfortable on the offensive side. We need to try and get this kid he is a playmaker.

We're trying (being recruited by Coach Wholley) but beside his UConn offer he also has tOSU, BCU, Rutty, UF, the U, Nebraska, Cuse, Vols, USCe, and UVA offers.

ND, Bama, and VA Tech are also on the trail but no offers yet.

Reaction Score
3* 6-5 275 OG Nathaniel Devers from Massillon Ohio received an offer from UConn today.

BlackSwarm_762:26pm via Twitter for Android
UCONN just offered!!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1354574/#highlights/38913374

Nate has other offers from Indiana, Akron, Toledo, Bowling Green, Ohio and Buffalo but is drawing other large conference schools.

He was one of the top offensive performers @ this past weeks Under Armour/Rivals Camp Series this past weekend in pittsburgh:

"Devers may not be the biggest offensive lineman but he was very good Sunday playing at guard. He has great upper body strength and really relied on it to finish off the defensive linemen. That being said, Devers was able to anchor down pretty well to stop bull-rushes. He just needs to add lower body strength because he won't be able to bench press defenders at the next level. Devers also had very good lateral quickness as well.'

My sense is that this a a TJ Weist connection. This is the same school that produced QB Kyle Krumpt that we offered last year after he was left high and dry by Tuberville.

Reaction Score
New Canaan's Connor Buck (DL)

Recently received UMass offer

Reaction Score
Got to have a Giovanni on your team...

A Jim Fuller @ NHR re-tweet

Countryside Football (@csidefootball)
5/2/13, 7:24 PM
Congrats to @Negron67 (Giovanni Negron) for getting offered by #UCONN today. Great job Gio!

6-4 285 lb offensive tackle out of Countryside HS in Clearwater FL.

From Florida Preps: SCOUT CARDS

- mean streak
- aggessive
- solid pass blocker
- really good run blocker
- good feet

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1239737/giovanni-negron

Offer from Ohio University besides UConn

Reaction Score
From a JB report last week on Connor Dintino (OG up @ Choate after transferring from Gunnery):

>>Dintino, 6-foot-3, 290 pounds, has long been in touch with UConn and along the way has developed a relationship with the program and coaching staff. "We've been building it up gradually," he said. "It really helped when I went to their spring practice, saw their practice routine and how the coaches worked. I could really see myself there with the atmosphere it had." Coach DeLeone has been recruiting Dintino for UConn. "He's a tough coach, very honest and makes his players work hard," he said.<<

Right now his only offers are from Buffalo and Holy Cross. He will be camping @ UConn this summer.

Comment from the Under Armour/Rivals Camp Series in Jersey @ the end of April:

"Dintino was one of the most pleasant surprises of the day. He blended in with the other offensive linemen when looking at the group, but when the play started it was easy to see Dintino has been very well-coached. He has a very strong base and easily shrugged off bull-rush attempts. When the defenders tried moves to his left or right, Dintino was able to quickly adjust and get a good punch on the opposing lineman. It's very surprising more teams have not offered him. "

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Alec Eberle can't stand to be on the sidelines. "I'd get bored," said the 6-foot-5, 278-pound lineman, who on Wednesday became the ninth commitment to the 2014 Florida State recruiting class. So the talented two-way player is taking measures to make sure he's ready for the next transition in his football career. The Mechanicsville (Va.) Atlee High prospect is taking lessons from a private coach to begin a process that FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett told him could make him one of the best centers ever to wear the garnet and gold. "I talked to Coach Trickett a couple months ago and he said they loved my film and the whole staff would love get me down on campus," Eberle said. "I went down there and visited and I knew I loved it the moment I got there. It's amazing how much commitment the whole school has toward the football program. If a school that far away from my house wanted me that bad, I figured, let's do it. ... so I committed." Eberle, who plays defensive tackle and offensive tackle at Atlee, picked the Seminoles over offers from Maryland, UConn, Old Dominion and Temple. "A bunch of other schools planned to offer me once they got me to come to camp," Eberle said, "But, really, there is no other school I wanted to go to more than Florida State." He hasn't played center in a while, so that's why Eberle said he has been working with a private coach to hone his snapping abilities.
Orlando Sentinel

Reaction Score
Just want to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread. Sadly UCONN footbAll recruiting info has gotten tougher to find rather than easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom