2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went over and looked at their board just to see what there was to see (bunch of s unsurprisingly) and FWIW, their recruiting thread says this isn't a big class really, not small either but not one of those 25-30 recruit class. The post said they have 17 schollies available right now, but ti will likely end up about 22 due to attrition.

Unfortunately, I think maybe 1) Addazio can sell ice to an eskimo and 2) maybe Spaziani left something breathing; and 3) most importantly PP can't get anybody excited about this thing here.

I realize the whole thing (recruiting) is a crapshoot but it would be nice to see something of a future to look forward to and it seemed like we were making strides, Sylva, Cochran, Boyle, Jasudowich(sp?), etc. Now, I worry maybe it was the coach up there not the whole program that's flat lined.

One coach can not flatline a program. They can dig a deep hole that it will take a good coach five years to dig out of, but they can not flatline it.

See, e.g., Robinson, Greg and Kragthorpe, Steve.

Reaction Score
One coach can not flatline a program. They can dig a deep hole that it will take a good coach five years to dig out of, but they can not flatline it.

See, e.g., Robinson, Greg and Kragthorpe, Steve.

I was hoping for more of a Greg Robinson transition than a Steve Kragthorpe transition from a recruiting standpoint.

In other news we offered Lubern Figaro.

Reaction Score
In other news we offered Lubern Figaro.
Where did you see that...?

Got it thx.. missed it earlier.

BC is pressing him hard for an answer.

From a BC site: >>Everett athlete Lubern Figaro has visited Boston College twice in just about the last week and the Eagles are pushing for a commitment.When asked whether Steve Addazio and his staff are pushing hard for him to make a decision, Figaro simply responded, "Yeah." "I'm just waiting it out before I make my commitment," Figaro added. "I have a very high interest [in Boston College]. I'm just making sure there aren't any other schools that come in."<<

pj

Reaction Score
Looks good to me. Hope we can beat BC out. Hate to see Addazio already pushing for a commitment when we've only just offered.

Reaction Score
Looks good to me. Hope we can beat BC out. Hate to see Addazio already pushing for a commitment when we've only just offered.

Why do you think.... Cornerback U!!! He better lock him down ;)

Reaction Score
Haha yea never like to see that but to me I'd rather the kid wait then commit and say that. He's at least doing things the right way.

Reaction Score
Haha yea never like to see that but to me I'd rather the kid wait then commit and say that. He's at least doing things the right way.

LOL - there is your "dream" school and then there is your "fantasy" school!

Reaction Score
UConnReport 11:55am via twitterfeed
Apostolu ready for his UConn visit: As spring practice begins to wind down for UConn, the steady flow of recru...

6-5 305 lb OL from Nick Apostolu Springfield PA. Besides UConn - interest from UB, BC, Temple, Pitt, PSU and Bryant.

New add: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/147681/#highlights/18934374

NHRJimFuller 1:59pm via TweetDeck
Among visitors at #UConn's football scrimmage was Nick Apostolu, a two-way lineman out of Springfield, Pa.

Reaction Score
JB is reporting that 6-4 305 lb DT Pete Mokwuah of Staten Island's (N.Y.) St. Joseph By The Sea paid a visit to campus last week to view spring practice.

The usual cast of characters are involved besides UConn - he has a Rutty offer and interest from Cuse, Temple, UMD, Pittsburgh, UVA and Penn State (took unofficial visit).

From NJ.com article - "Mokwuah, who stands 6-4 and 300 pounds, is currently in the process of growing into his big body. He began his high school career as a 6-foot, 180-pound part-time skill position athlete."

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2010052/#highlights/22735377

Bob Lichtenfels (@BobLichtenfels)
4/16/13, 12:30 AM
Staten Island (N.Y.) St. Joseph by-the-sea DT Pete Mokwuah picked up offers from #Temple and #UConn on Monday

http://247sports.com/Player/Pete-Mokwuah-29285

As previously mentioned... This is Lyle McCoombs alma mater. Unfortunately it s being reported by 247 Sports that he's heading to PSU Blue-Whte scrimmage this weekend and not to UConn's Blue-Whte.

Reaction Score
4/16/13, 12:30 AM
Staten Island (N.Y.) St. Joseph by-the-sea DT Pete Mokwuah picked up offers from #Temple and #UConn on Monday

http://247sports.com/Player/Pete-Mokwuah-29285

As previously mentioned... This is Lyle McCoombs alma mater. Unfortunately it s being reported by 247 Sports that he's heading to PSU Blue-Whte scrimmage this weekend and not to UConn's Blue-Whte.
I agree about the unfortunate part... Because you know the fans are gonna fill that stadium ( more than twice the size of ours )

Reaction Score
UConnReport 11:55am via twitterfeed
Apostolu ready for his UConn visit: As spring practice begins to wind down for UConn, the steady flow of recru...

6-5 305 lb OL from Nick Apostolu Springfield PA. Besides UConn - interest from UB, BC, Temple, Pitt, PSU and Bryant.

New add: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/147681/#highlights/18934374

NHRJimFuller 1:59pm via TweetDeck
Among visitors at #UConn's football scrimmage was Nick Apostolu, a two-way lineman out of Springfield, Pa.

UConnReport 1:26pm via twitterfeed
Apostolu recaps his visit: Offensive lineman Nick Apostolu of Springfield, Pa. took his first visit to UConn o... Post original url/10ba38Z

Gernerally positive impression - "I liked the intensity and I thought it was all organized very well,"

"Would like to come back for summer camp to " prove that I fit into their system, as well as other offensive schemes, and that I like to compete."

Visting BCU and Stony Brook in coming weekend.

Reaction Score
uconnbuzztap 11:34am via buzztap
UConn Report (Rivals) >> UConn back in Georgia buzztap.com/-5cLK37

Article by JB talking about UConn recruiting effort in GA regarding Ari Werts, a 6-4 220 lb TE out of Stone Mountain GA - Stephenson High (alma mater of RS So David Stevenson). Offers from us, MTSU and ODU. Talks about GT and GA State showing the most "love" right now. Has visted GT. Vols, Auburn and MTSU. Being recruited by Coach Perkins

247 Sports - http://247sports.com/Player/Ari-Werts-30110

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels 2:43pm via Twitter for Android
#USC offered Brooklyn (N.Y.) Thomas Jefferson DT Thomas Holley today.

So to recap - UConn, ND, BC, UMD, Ole Miss, Baylor, PSU, FSU. Florida, Rutty, Cuse, Miami, Clemson, Bama, tOSU and USCw

4/19/13, 9:10 PM
Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln DT Thomas Holley picks up an offer from #Tennessee today...#Vols

Talk about a recruit blowing up...

Reaction Score
Not flaming at all here just dropping off the news that Baker and Cohee committed to BC today.

Jon Baker is a big boy and nice grab. Cohee must have saw our depth @ LB/TE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom