2012-2013 Schedule is released. | The Boneyard

2012-2013 Schedule is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
They did a good job of splitting the good games. Duke, ND, and Penn State are at Gampel. Maryland, Louisville, and Baylor at XL.

Some good road tests too: A&M (those goobers will show up loud and in force), Notre Dame (Skylar's last home game, I believe), and Stanford (with Stanford's home winning streak probably on the line). Great season. Yes, some cupcakes, but you'd really have to be looking for a reason to complain if this schedule doesn't appeal to you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So we're playing the last 2 national champions. Let's not do that next year!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
"But this year, a 15-team league, minus West Virginia, features one new conference wrinkle for the Huskies, along with dynamite non-conference road games against national powerhouses Stanford and Baylor, the defending national champion."

Uh....John....Baylor game is a home. And Hartley is 5'10".

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
They did a good job of splitting the good games. Duke, ND, and Penn State are at Gampel. Maryland, Louisville, and Baylor at XL.

Some good road tests too: A&M (those goobers will show up loud and in force), Notre Dame (Skylar's last home game, I believe), and Stanford (with Stanford's home winning streak probably on the line). Great season. Yes, some cupcakes, but you'd really have to be looking for a reason to complain if this schedule doesn't appeal to you.

Um, I am going to be one of those "goobers" at TAMU...in all my UConn gear, though. one of my friends interviewed Gary Blair for a local magazine and all he could talk about was the UConn game...he wants it to be a sellout, they are going to promote the heck out of it.

Also, I am going to complain because I don't see Tennessee on it. :) I mean, we are playing other "powerhouses" so I guess things could be worse.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Um, I am going to be one of those "goobers" at TAMU...in all my UConn gear, though. one of my friends interviewed Gary Blair for a local magazine and all he could talk about was the UConn game...he wants it to be a sellout, they are going to promote the heck out of it.

Also, I am going to complain because I don't see Tennessee on it. :) I mean, we are playing other "powerhouses" so I guess things could be worse.
Now Sara, you know I was speaking of those cultists in College Station, not you. :)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So we're playing the last 2 national champions. Let's not do that next year!

TAMU is hardly the same team that won the championship two years ago. They are a shadow of that team.

Reaction Score
Of the opening 12 games, I expect 5 of them to be over within five minutes (Charleston, Colgate, Oakland, @Hartford, @Oregon), 4 to be challenging (@TAMU, Md, Penn St, @Stanford), and the other 3 to fall in between (Wake, Marist, Purdue).

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Of the opening 12 games, I expect 5 of them to be over within five minutes (Charleston, Colgate, Oakland, @Hartford, @Oregon), 4 to be challenging (@TAMU, Md, Penn St, @Stanford), and the other 3 to fall in between (Wake, Marist, Purdue).

How do you define "challenging"?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Are you giving Wake and Marist a half? Marist, while showing consistent good effort, is no where near your level. And I am always down on Wake, although they have a new coach. Purdue, eh, maybe a bit competitive for a while, the other 2 not so much.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Seriously? No National TV for Rutgers @ Tennessee, or UConn @ Rutgers. What a joke. :rolleyes:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I count 10 nationally-televised games (outside of SNY):

A&M (ESPN2)
Maryland (ESPN2)
Stanford (ESPNU)
ND1 (CBS)
Lousiville (CBS Sports)
Duke (ESPN2)
St Johns (Big East TV)
DePaul (ESPNU)
Baylor (ESPN2)
ND2 (ESPN2)

SNY promised 20 games. Assuming that's true, that means all 30 games, including Paradise Jam, are going to be televised.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I count 10 nationally-televised games (outside of SNY):

A&M (ESPN2)
Maryland (ESPN2)
Stanford (ESPNU)
ND1 (CBS)
Lousiville (CBS Sports)
Duke (ESPN2)
St Johns (Big East TV)
DePaul (ESPNU)
Baylor (ESPN2)
ND2 (ESPN2)

SNY promised 20 games. Assuming that's true, that means all 30 games, including Paradise Jam, are going to be televised.

That is such great news!!!! what is Big East TV??

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Seriously? No National TV for Rutgers @ Tennessee, or UConn @ Rutgers. What a joke. :rolleyes:
I bet you'll be able to watch both. Maybe ESPN3 for the Tennessee game, SNY for the UConn game.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I bet you'll be able to watch both. Maybe ESPN3 for the Tennessee game, SNY for the UConn game.

Hopefully, those are the games I'm looking forward the most this season.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That is such great news!!!! what is Big East TV??
It's not a channel so much a set of programming that gets picked up by various stations, as well as ESPN3. They've produced one UConn game a year the past two. CPTV usually ended up broadcasting it. SNY may broadcast it, or a station like YES/MSG, and it will almost certainly be on ESPN3.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I dont care if yall beat the rest of your opponents by 70..... but please at least take it easy on Wake and Duke :)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
"But this year, a 15-team league, minus West Virginia, features one new conference wrinkle for the Huskies, along with dynamite non-conference road games against national powerhouses Stanford and Baylor, the defending national champion."

Uh....John....Baylor game is a home. And Hartley is 5'10".

How can he list powerhouses and omit Maryland? Didn't he get the memo?

Reaction Score
Big East TV is SNY has been for a couple years the men were on all last year..

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A ton of "TBA" on the times - is that normal when the official schedule comes out? How can the league not know what time games are going to be at?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
It appears the UConn game vs A&M will be their 3rd game as they play Louisville and Penn State prior to playing UConn. A distinctive advantage for them, playing two good teams before UConn plays a game.

Reaction Score
It appears the UConn game vs A&M will be their 3rd game as they play Louisville and Penn State prior to playing UConn. A distinctive advantage for them, playing two good teams before UConn plays a game.

UConn plays Charleston first. Then TAMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom