Men - #20 UConn @ Xavier University Musketeers (Friday 4/14/23 @3p & Saturday 4/15/23 Doubleheader @ Noon). Games on FloSports & Mixlr. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men #20 UConn @ Xavier University Musketeers (Friday 4/14/23 @3p & Saturday 4/15/23 Doubleheader @ Noon). Games on FloSports & Mixlr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Xavier with 54 HR's on the season to this moment (after the top of the ninth). Love to see the Home vs. Away numbers on that total.
14 in the 8 home games before today. So 1.75 HRs per game at home and 1.6 HRs per game on the road. And I believe they hit 2 more today so right on pace

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
One thing that would be easy to do is add up runs scored at home versus runs scored on the road or at neutral sites.
I counted 37 HRs on the road for Xavier…they’ve played on the road a lot.(go here and then click game by game)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This win is UConn baseball personified. Great job. Let's get them tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing Tammaro get a chance to play at 2B today. Alazaus is a lefty so Tammaro will start but I'd start him in both games. Always seems to do something good when he plays. Daniels struggling a bit maybe off until Tuesday would help. Seems like he's trying to not get behind in counts thus being aggressive early. But you risk widening the zone too much. He's cut down on the strikeouts but perhaps at the expense of seeing more quality pitches. So it's a balancing act. He'll be fine but maybe change it up with Tammaro. Small sample size but makes contact, gets on base, and can run.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing Tammaro get a chance to play at 2B today. Alazaus is a lefty so Tammaro will start but I'd start him in both games. Always seems to do something good when he plays. Daniels struggling a bit maybe off until Tuesday would help. Seems like he's trying to not get behind in counts thus being aggressive early. But you risk widening the zone too much. He's cut down on the strikeouts but perhaps at the expense of seeing more quality pitches. So it's a balancing act. He'll be fine but maybe change it up with Tammaro. Small sample size but makes contact, gets on base, and can run.

I'm sure Daniels and Tammaro will continue to split time at 2B, plus get a little time spelling either Padilla and Freeberger when the situation calls for it. We'll see what happens when T.C. Simmons is ready to come back, at this point who knows when that will be.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Offense goes down 1-2-3 in the first.

Crowd sounds pretty energized for Xavier.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Leadoff solo shot for Xavier.

This could be a long game. Xavier with 3 straight hits to start the game, all hard contact.

4-0 Xavier now after a home run, still in the 1st. Xavier's batter just flipped his bat towards the UConn dugout. Not sure how dbmill handles these types of games as well as he does, but my patience is being tested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog