Men - #20 UConn @ Xavier University Musketeers (Friday 4/14/23 @3p & Saturday 4/15/23 Doubleheader @ Noon). Games on FloSports & Mixlr. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men #20 UConn @ Xavier University Musketeers (Friday 4/14/23 @3p & Saturday 4/15/23 Doubleheader @ Noon). Games on FloSports & Mixlr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great job salvaging the series, but the Big East should be embarrassed. This "stadium" is a joke.

Reaction Score
Great job salvaging the series, but the Big East should be embarrassed. This "stadium" is a joke.

Georgetown also plays in a band box which brings about lots of offense.

A little easier to complain about other ballparks now that UConn has moved out of J.O. Christian Field.

Reaction Score

A little easier to complain about other ballparks now that UConn has moved out of J.O. Christian Field.
At least JO had major league dimensions. The "stadium" really wasn't one.

Reaction Score
At least JO had major league dimensions. The "stadium" really wasn't one.

You find all sorts of ballpark dimensions all over the place in baseball, that's always been the nature of the game on every level. Probably the polar opposite of Xavier and Georgetown would be Seton Hall's home field, which has huge dimensions. Not a place to go to if you are looking for home runs.

Reaction Score

Good point. I should have said the "dimensions" are a joke. J.O. Christian Field stadium was a high school, but its dimensions were not.

Reaction Score
A post game interview with Coach Penders has not been posted on UConn Twitter, at least not yet. After that crazy doubleheader, it would be interesting to hear his thoughts on those games.

Reaction Score
Leadoff solo shot for Xavier.

This could be a long game. Xavier with 3 straight hits to start the game, all hard contact.

4-0 Xavier now after a home run, still in the 1st. Xavier's batter just flipped his bat towards the UConn dugout. Not sure how dbmill handles these types of games as well as he does, but my patience is being tested.

Yes, it helps to have patience, but I also expect college baseball to simply to be a bit crazy, and I certainly don't expect any team to win every game or to play well all the time when it comes to college baseball. Also helps that I also love listening to Chris Jones call a game (even if I am watching the stream of a game), I find Jones great to listen to, and I can't say that about too many sports announcers who try to call games these days.

Another factor may be that my wife is a newspaper reporter (talk about a dying industry, but she just loves it), so I think some of that might rubbed off into my in game postings as well. Just keep at it no matter how good or bad things are going with a particular story/game, so to speak.

Reaction Score

Game Notes
  • The Huskies are now 33-11 in BIG EAST regular season games since returning to the conference in 2021.
  • David Smith has reached base safely in 25 straight games.
  • Jake Studley and Luke Broadhurst are now riding 15-game hit streaks.
  • Ben Huber has homered in three-straight games.
  • The Huskies have won seven straight series and not dropped a series this season.

Reaction Score

I'm sure with the road doubleheader yesterday, everyone associated with the team was pretty busy. Today with no game and no doubt a later flight home, they have plenty of time on their hands to post this stuff. Still, nice to see and listen to.

Reaction Score

Game Notes
  • The Huskies are now 33-11 in BIG EAST regular season games since returning to the conference in 2021.
  • David Smith has reached base safely in 25 straight games.
  • Jake Studley and Luke Broadhurst are now riding 15-game hit streaks.
  • Ben Huber has homered in three-straight games.
  • The Huskies have won seven straight series and not dropped a series this season.

David Smith has been doing a fine job of getting on base for most of this season, still his offense has been heating up more of late, and before his on base percentage was a bit under .400, now it is .404.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom