2 UCONN players on mid season top 20 Wooden list | The Boneyard

2 UCONN players on mid season top 20 Wooden list

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dont understand Wilson's inclusion on this list, but oh well.

Glad to see Hamby get some recognition

Reaction Score
Keep these lists, I'll take Jefferson and Tuck and so would EVERY other coach in America.

Those 2 are playing at a level that puts them in the top 10 in the country.

Reaction Score
Notable that just 10 of the players are seniors!
6 jr, 3 so (Davis, Gray, Plum), and 1 fr

Reaction Score
Louisville, Maryland, and Oregon St only AP top-10 teams without a player on list.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I agree that Wilson is a head-scratcher. Over Jefferson is just insane to me. Even if you wanted to shoehorn a freshman in there, I would say Turner or Mitchell are better choices.

Y'all know I'm biased but Turner has higher numbers in points per game, rebounds per game, blocks per game, and field goal percentage than Wilson.

Honestly, I didn't notice Jefferson was missing until I read this thread. Just sort of assumed she was on there. Wow.

Reaction Score
That list is laughable at best and the fact that Wilson is on it is just totally absurd.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
sawxfan23 said:
I think that players like Courtney Williams USF, Brittany Hrynko DePaul, Aliyyah Handford St. Johns, Ameryst Alston Ohio St., and Aerial Powers MSU are better players than some on that list.

Agreed

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
So who would be on your 20 player list ?
Stewie, KML, Morgan, MoJet for openers. If you are going to tell me that there are 18 players out there that are better than M&M you are going to be either hopelessly confused or lying in your teeth. Is there maybe a rule about no more than two from a team?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think that players like Courtney Williams USF, Brittany Hrynko DePaul, Aliyyah Handford St. Johns, Ameryst Alston Ohio St., and Aerial Powers MSU are better players than some on that list.

So which players are they better than ?

Agreed

So which players would you replace ?

Stewie, KML, Morgan, MoJet for openers. If you are going to tell me that there are 18 players out there that are better than M&M you are going to be either hopelessly confused or lying in your teeth. Is there maybe a rule about no more than two from a team?

Im not sure about any rule.

Reaction Score

MoJet's problem is that in the 2 marquee games this year (Stanford and ND) she played very poorly. She hasn't had enough opportunities against quality competition to rehab her rep.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yep you all make great points! Oh well! We know A'ja won't win the award anyway.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I'm clearly biased, but there's not another guard in the country I would place above Moriah. She's a tenacious defender, at least as quick off the bounce as anyone and she's become an outstanding shooter. Perhaps the best 3 pt shooting guard in the country. And statistically, if that's how you want to judge, Brittany Boyd, Bria Holmes, Rashanda Gray and the rest are not even in the ballpark in terms of shooting percentage, turnover to assist ratio, etc. Even Jewell Loyd, who nationally gets a lot more attention than Moriah is better statistically only in 3 categories, rebounding, blocks and FT percentage. Moriah has a better overall FG percent, .561 to .477 and astoundingly better 3 point percentage, .511 to .315 and substantially better assist/turnover ratio.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm clearly biased, but there's not another guard in the country I would place above Moriah. She's a tenacious defender, at least as quick off the bounce as anyone and she's become an outstanding shooter. Perhaps the best 3 pt shooting guard in the country. And statistically, if that's how you want to judge, Brittany Boyd, Bria Holmes, Rashanda Gray and the rest are not even in the ballpark in terms of shooting percentage, turnover to assist ratio, etc. Even Jewell Loyd, who nationally gets a lot more attention than Moriah is better statistically only in 3 categories, rebounding, blocks and FT percentage. Moriah has a better overall FG percent, .561 to .477 and astoundingly better 3 point percentage, .511 to .315 and substantially better assist/turnover ratio.
You are allowed to be biased and I agree 100% with you!!

Reaction Score
It is good that you admitted that you are biased...Moraih is one of the best guard, but certainly not an unanimous choice of THE best guard on the country. Many people would choose Jewell Loyd who definitely scores more hence grabs more attention.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It is good that you admitted that you are biased...Moraih is one of the best guard, but certainly not an unanimous choice of THE best guard on the country. Many people would choose Jewell Loyd who definitely scores more hence grabs more attention.

Well, yeah. But they would be wrong.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score

Loyd scores more, but takes a lot more shots. Loyd scores 1.35 pts./shot, while Moriah scores 1.45 pts./shot. Scoring efficiency is my view a grossly undervalued stat. And let's not forget that Loyd HAS to score for ND to win, Jefferson doesn't, but if she did, I have no reason to believe her points/game wouldn't equal or exceed Loyd's.

Reaction Score
Moriah is a PG. Loyd is a SG. Different role.

But Loyd IMHO is clearly one of the 2 best players in WCBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom