#2 Notre Dame @ #3 Louisville (poll & GAME THREAD) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

#2 Notre Dame @ #3 Louisville (poll & GAME THREAD)

#2 Notre Dame @ #3 Louisville (pick the winner poll)

• Notre Dame wins

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Louisville wins

Votes: 65 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I was really impressed with the postgame interview Rebecca did with both Durr and Hines-Allen. Both were great and Myisha is very well spoken and Complimentary of Asia. Very happy for both of them. The crowd there was awesome! Too bad it will come to a screeching halt Feb 12...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I suspect Geno is loving the ND vs Louisville game. "So you beat ND by 9 points and Louisville beats ND by 33. Now will you listen to me." Expletives deleted.
I don't think he will say anything until they are next on thier schedule. He is talking Houston in practice.

Reaction Score
The Louisville scorers get the glory, but I was kinda impressed with their big forward #3. Played hard at both ends, had some real nice passes, and scored a couple.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Louisville scorers get the glory, but I was kinda impressed with their big forward #3. Played hard at both ends, had some real nice passes, and scored a couple.

Is that Feuhring (spelling?)? I was impressed w/ her during the Ohio St. game early in the season.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hines-Allen and Dur combine for 67, they will not do that against UConn.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I don't think he will say anything until they are next on thier schedule. He is talking Houston in practice.

Point is he will say some thing like this in preparation for the Louisville game. But I would not put it past him to say some thing in passing to get their mind open to his coaching.

Reaction Score
With outcome of this game being what it was, Notre Dame should fall to #4 early next week, with Louisville and Mississippi State #2 and #3, respectively.

I believe one of the commentators said this will be the first time in school history that Louisville has been #2 in the country (though I'm not quite sure how that works when they played in a national championship game on two occasions).

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With outcome of this game being what it was, Notre Dame should fall to #4 early next week, with Louisville and Mississippi State #2 and #3, respectively.

I believe one of the commentators said this will be the first time in school history that Louisville has been #2 in the country (although I'm not sure how that works when they played for a national championship on two occasions).
I think Louisville was #2 in the poll after the NC game, probably both times, but never #2 during the season.

Reaction Score
Sorta surprising. Keeps life interesting.
The margin, yes. The outcome, no.

I've been saying this over and over again this season- don't sleep on the Cards. Their chemistry this year is astounding, and they've all bought in (even after losing a key player in Moore). I know I probably sound like a broken record, but NO ONE in the league has Asia's offensive repertoire. No one. No one creates their own shot the way she can...and when you have a player like that at your disposal, a lot of good things can happen for the blue collar players like Fuehring and Carter.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If they lose by 50, which they may, you keep them in the top 10? I can think of 9 teams that would play Louisville better than this.

And let me say, Asia Durr would start on any team in the nation, including UCONN. That may apply to Hines-Allen. I guess we’ll see how they perform last month.
Ah, but can you think of 9 teams that could play UCLA better than Baylor did, or play better than SC did at Missouri, or ....
On any given night ...

No question this was a slaughter, but these things happen in sports and there are only a few teams in WCBB that do not have 'embarrassing losses already this year. And ND losing to an incredibly hot shooting, undefeated, and highly ranked Louisville is not that bad even if the score is crazy.

Reaction Score
Hines-Allen and Dur combine for 67, they will not do that against UConn.
Lol...the number of people who said that they would not do that against Notre Dame are too numerous to count. Enough said.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well Maryland is about to lose at home to an unranked Michigan St. team. They won't be moving up from #11. South Carolina only beat unranked Auburn by 8 tonight, and Notre Dame beat South Carolina earlier this year. Don't necessarily see them jumping Notre Dame either.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that Muffet played one of her walk-ons in the final two minutes?

Reaction Score
Durr has had some big scoring games vs the better teams they have played, with both her and Hines-Allen capable of going off, it will be interesting to see who Geno has guard who.

Reaction Score
Man I'm soooo glad people are seeing Sam Fuehring shine. That girl rode the bench and kept working. Her incoming classmates all transferred and she kept working. Literally. Cole, Jones, and deGrate. Gone. She remained even when Shook was going to challenge her for playing time.

And her life story is amazing too (story). Just a tough, hard-working lady. I'm so so happy for her.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I voted Notre Dame because, honestly, I've been struggling to figure out whether Louisville really is as good as their current ranking. I think we'll for sure find out on Thursday.

I also think the Huskies will most likely have to go through the winner of Thursday night's game and Mississippi State to win it all this year.

I look forward to them burying miss st this year.

They got lucky on a wild and crazy night where anything that could go wrong did. Uconn is gonna level them in the rematch.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Look at the strength of schedule column, my friend.

No one said anything about significant. He said that ND has played the toughest schedule and they have.

ND played the toughest schedule because their schedule included UConn, which, barring a Star Trek plot twist, cannot play itself.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND played the toughest schedule because their schedule included UConn, which, barring a Star Trek plot twist, cannot play itself.

Sure, was just noting that the ESPN announcer was technically correct (the best kind of correct).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom