Reaction Score
LR1kBsk.jpg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Lemelle starting PR.
Shafenacker backup RG. (!!??!!)

Reaction Score
Only thing of real note to me is McQuillen listed as the starting tight end. Does that mean he has been cleared to play?

Reaction Score
Other mild surprises (or things of note):

Mateas over Bullock - not sure if this is due to Bullock being banged up this summer.

Schafenacker making the 2 deep on the interior line as a true frosh is quite an accomplishment. Still would like to see both him and Samra redshirted this year if possible.

Walsh winning the starting FB job.

Lemelle on PR.

Nothing else jumps out at me. Let's hope there's no more idiotic burning of redshirts this year (see Samra, 2012).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Backups on the offensive line are too light in my opinion and there is no reason to burn Brian Lemelle's redshirt if his is only playing specialties. Surely they can procure another punt returner.

Reaction Score
I like to wait until they play a down of college ball before annointing them. Adams showed a lot of promise last year, and by all accounts was the projected starter until he got hurt.

WHo did I anoint anything? Of course he's got to prove himself on the field. Who doesn't? Melifonwu is a 6'4" 208 strong safety, and he can fly, and by all public accounts, has been tearing it up in practices. That's pretty much "stud" definition if you ask me. He's got to prove it on the field for sure, and I'm confident he will. He's not a mighty mouse out there, and he's had a full year in the system. (No offense to Taylor Mack with the mighty mouse thing - who clearly, can lay the wood with the best of em, even at his size)

Reaction Score
Shafenacker is a bit of a surprise but I am not sure that you can always go by the 2-deep for the oline. While I hope it isn't necessary, I think it isn't uncommon to move guys around there. For example I could see one of Bullock or Mateas sliding over and the other playing Center. Didn't Bullock start out as a Guard? Not saying it would happen, but I think offensive line positions are a bit more flexible than some others. As far as Lemelle as the punt returner, I have been hearing that for a while. and I think it is pretty common for a freshman to get on the field in that role if he is talented enough.

Reaction Score
Wow ! Quite a few things of note here:

Schafenacker on the 2 deep at OG

Walsh over Clax at FB

No true frosh on the 2 deep at WR (not a huge upset here)

Myers on the 2 deep at DT

Frank on the 2 deep at DE

Obi and Marder at Safety - no Adams

I think changes (especially this season) are a very good sign.

Reaction Score
Is jimmy bennett strong? I wish we had more info on how he has recovered. After him we go from 6,9 309 to 6,5 296.

Lamelle=Electric

Reaction Score
Backups on the offensive line are too light in my opinion and there is no reason to burn Brian Lemelle's redshirt if his is only playing specialties. Surely they can procure another punt returner.

??? Uh uh - no way. That guy - is the most important replacement going into 2013 if you ask me. Catching punts is one of the most, if not THE most difficult thing to do on a football field, let alone returning it and we've been lucky to have some incredibly reliable players there, without them, we are a lot worse than we've been in recent years. If the true freshmen has the best ability to catch punts through camp - then you play him. he's listed at 160, so he better be able to run like a deer, because if he gets hit by a division 1 linebacker running down on a kick - he's in trouble - and you know what - sometimes you want the returner to have to run for their life. LOL.

Reaction Score
WHo did I anoint anything? Of course he's got to prove himself on the field. Who doesn't? Melifonwu is a 6'4" 208 strong safety, and he can fly, and by all public accounts, has been tearing it up in practices. That's pretty much "stud" definition if you ask me. He's got to prove it on the field for sure, and I'm confident he will. He's not a mighty mouse out there, and he's had a full year in the system. (No offense to Taylor Mack with the mighty mouse thing - who clearly, can lay the wood with the best of em, even at his size)

You annointed him a stud before he played a down of college football. Blew off the Adams injury like it barely matters.

Reaction Score
You annointed him a stud before he played a down of college football. Blew off the Adams injury like it barely matters.
Not sure what u can tell from a down of college football or even one game?

Reaction Score
surprise to me - where's Norris at DE? He played as a true frosh. Is he hurt, are they hoping to reclaim his RS year?

Was really hoping Williams would beat out Mack at corner.

Reaction Score

Man down - next one needs to step in. I'm confident in the depth of this 2013 roster. I can honestly say, that I"ve never felt as comfortable with a full roster going into a season in 1A football in 10 years, as I do this season. We've been on eggshells with depth forever, and I don't think that's the case now. Time will tell if I'm right or not. Adams will be back when he's ready, and he'll compete. Adams out, Obi's in. Use the force.

Reaction Score
surprise to me - where's Norris at DE? He played as a true frosh. Is he hurt, are they hoping to reclaim his RS year?

Was really hoping Williams would beat out Mack at corner.

That's a good call with Norris. I fully expected him to be on the 2 deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom