#13 UConn @ UNH Whittemore Center Arena (Friday 2/10/23 @7p & Saturday 2/11/23 @4:30p). Games are on ESPN+ & NESN for Saturday Game only | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#13 UConn @ UNH Whittemore Center Arena (Friday 2/10/23 @7p & Saturday 2/11/23 @4:30p). Games are on ESPN+ & NESN for Saturday Game only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we don’t get to Boston, and the powers-to-be impose seat “donations” next year……..watch season ticket subscriptions plummet.
Oh you know those are coming lol

Reaction Score
If we don’t get to Boston, and the powers-to-be impose seat “donations” next year……..watch season ticket subscriptions plummet.
i don’t think you have to worry about season tickets sales. Most to the people I know who go to the UConn hockey games where once Whalers fans. We just like to go and watch hockey.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Reaction Score
I feel like a victim of a bait and switch - start strong with some quality wins to show us what you're capable of and then fold like a cheap chaise lounge in February... Losing twice to a team that has been testing the bottom of HE all year is lower than whale dung. Simply put, we can criticize the players all we want, but they weren't ready. Getting them ready is Cav's job period

Reaction Score
i don’t think you have to worry about season tickets sales. Most to the people I know who go to the UConn hockey games where once Whalers fans. We just like to go and watch hockey.
The fair weather types will flee first. They're the ones that show up when it is fashionable to do so and don't know jack guano about hockey. I have been there since day one and will hang in there for a little while.

This weekend was painful and our decline has been a slow, but steady, this year. We are now 7-8 since Thanksgiving. If you told me that would happen in the middle of November, I would have said that you were nuts. Oh, well - I am the nut...

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if there is an uptick in recruiting because of the new building.

The program still needs to go up a level in terms of talent in order to truly be taken seriously on a national level.

Reaction Score
Is this where I remind everyone we were like 7th preseason after a huge roster turnover and this is maybe water reaching its level or whatever that expression is?

The Cornell game seems to have sent us into a tailspin. They kicked our ass on the scoreboard from the opening faceoff and were the more physically imposing team.

I don’t recall us having our ass kicked since then, but we seem to come up short in a lot of close games.

Also keep in mind that overtime wins may have skewed how good we are. Fitting that our “correction” in the standings lately is exacerbated by an OT loss.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of this year I thought it was a rebuilding year too. However, when they were as high in Pairwise and the polls as they were, my expectations changed. In my view, the season has become a disappointment.

Reaction Score
early in the year I’ve heard those in the know say dont put blind trust in pairwise.

Anyway I wonder how much the loss of the older Pereira is impacting this team also.

And Tverberg just isnt putting the puck in the net lately

Last edited:
Reaction Score
early in the year I’ve heard those in the know say dont put blind trust in pairwise.

Anyway I wonder how much the loss of the older Pereira is impacting this team also.

And Tverberg just isnt putting the puck in the net lately.

As had been mentioned, this team needs to shore up the D core in the portal to compliment nee talent coming in.

Th PK has been a bright spot, but the counter is that the PP has looked horrible for most of the season, but truth be told it’s been bad during Cav’s tenure with UConn with the possible exception if the Thompson-Letunov connection. I thought that Joe Pereira was given the task of configuring the PP in the past and that maybe now it could be reworked, but for whatever reason, even with the talent they have ot hasn’t clicked.

Tverberg seemed to work well with Shandor before he was moved to join Chase and Capone. Is there another player on the roster that can compliment his style better?

Reaction Score
As had been mentioned, this team needs to shore up the D core in the portal to compliment nee talent coming in.

Th PK has been a bright spot, but the counter is that the PP has looked horrible for most of the season, but truth be told it’s been bad during Cav’s tenure with UConn with the possible exception if the Thompson-Letunov connection. I thought that Joe Pereira was given the task of configuring the PP in the past and that maybe now it could be reworked, but for whatever reason, even with the talent they have ot hasn’t clicked.

Tverberg seemed to work well with Shandor before he was moved to join Chase and Capone. Is there another player on the roster that can compliment his style better?
I would try to put him with Samu. I don’t like how they have Samu, their best faceoff guy and one of their most skilled players, playing on the third line with two role players. He was going to play at Denver, the #5 team in the country, put him with your skilled players. I don’t understand why Samu does not play in the OTs. He’s their best faceoff guy. Possession is so important during 3 on 3. At the very least he should be taking draws.

On the power play, I don’t understand why they do not have Wood set up in the faceoff circle for one timers on every power play like they did with Tage. I just don’t understand it. Wood only has one PPG since the first weekend of the season back in October. That’s unacceptable. Set him up on one timers.

Reaction Score
Samu was a third round pick and a good faceoff guy, I agree there should move him up

Reaction Score
After UMass Lowell dropped a point today (defeated Maine in a shootout), here are the probabilities of finishing in the HE top four (source: PlayoffStatus.com). Every single point matters, big time:

BU - 99%
NE- 99%
Merrimack - 77%
UConn - 68%
UML - 47%

UConn does NOT control its own destiny. We must rely on other results. Nonetheless, we cannot drop any points in our remaining three games against UNH and BC. Get the nine points.................and watch the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
Beat the snot out of UNH next home game. Dont just get a win you have to eek out.

Reaction Score
If the Huskies win their remaining games in regulation they’ll finish with 44 points. Only UML has a realistic chance of catching us for 4th place. Given their upcoming opponents that sounds like a tall order. They face PC, Merrimack, Neastern all twice and Maine once. All we can do is get the 9 points and pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom