#13 UConn @ UNH Whittemore Center Arena (Friday 2/10/23 @7p & Saturday 2/11/23 @4:30p). Games are on ESPN+ & NESN for Saturday Game only | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#13 UConn @ UNH Whittemore Center Arena (Friday 2/10/23 @7p & Saturday 2/11/23 @4:30p). Games are on ESPN+ & NESN for Saturday Game only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No sugar coating this - a categorically bad loss. Absolutely must win this PM, no ifs, ands or buts!. If not, we'll have to win HE tournament to play later in March.

Unfortunately, Cavanaugh and the boys found a way to bring out rank frustration. You can get away with that in November, but not in February...

Reaction Score
UConn even showed up a day early to practice at the rink and they still turned in a performance like that.

This season has turned into a huge disappointment considering how far they have fallen.
We are 7-7 since Thanksgiving - shoveling s__t against the tide...

Reaction Score
Cav clearly frustrated Biting his tongue a number of times in that clip. Gotta believe he’s preaching but the need for better starts and more production beyond the first line is on the players.

Reaction Score
I've never seen him trying so hard to control his anger. Good to see, and hope it pays off today.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I will still try to post a link here for those of you that don’t have access to NESN. Check back closer to game time. Fingers crossed.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean at some point it’s not the coaches fault. It’s a cheap way of deflecting blame to the real culprits - the players. And I suppose a way to not give credit to the other team.

UNH has been playing better so give them credit. However they should not sweep us regardless of how they have played recently.

Some of us are worried about Tverberg getting called to the AHL next year instead of sticking around for his senior year.

Well how about he put this team on his back today and show up.

Reaction Score
I mean at some point it’s not the coaches fault. It’s a cheap way of deflecting blame to the real culprits - the players. And I suppose a way to not give credit to the other team.

UNH has been playing better so give them credit. However they should not sweep us regardless of how they have played recently.

Some of us are worried about Tverberg getting called to the AHL next year instead of sticking around for his senior year.

I don’t like the line Tverberg plays with.

Salminen should be playing with either wood or Tverberg. I don’t like how he is not playing with at least one of the more talented players on the team.

Reaction Score

We are at level where we have a lot raw talent, but considerable inexperience.

I lean on coaches because they make the money. They make the money because they are suppose to bring an edge to a team's performance. It's up to Cav to have the kids prepared. I mean if all you are supposed to do is be a doorman on bench, then I would agree with you. But we pay Cav $600k per to be a ton more than that! And this year (and last)he has shown that he is up to the task. So today I hope he'll have them ready to snap back.

No fooling - this is a huge game!

Reaction Score

Dan Connolly Analysis:
  • The lines get shaken up with Ty Amonte (left shoulder) out. Jake Percival flips to right wing while Ryan Tattle moves up to the third line.
  • Jake Veilleux returns to the fourth line after being a healthy scratch yesterday while Tristan Fraser slides back to center.
  • Jake Black replaces Huston Karpman as the extra skater.

Reaction Score
Just 5 minutes in but the Huskies look like a different team than the one that was on the ice last night. Just keep on grinding!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That’s not a great call. Incidental contact.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
As the announcer said, probably our best period of the weekend. (So far)

BEB32404-47D0-40BF-8DEB-274EE267EB7F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32