12 Teams That Could Upset UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

12 Teams That Could Upset UConn

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Seriously, the only teams that can beat this UCONN Team, if all players are healthy are in the WNBA....Nobody can play UCONN for 40 minutes.....Geno knows, if this team plays its "A" game, UCONN wins every game......Next season's team is another story for us to discuss....

This is true. But this team, as gritty as they can be, has demonstrated (with Tulane) that they can go dark. Do that in the NCAAs and you might not survive.

Reaction Score
Can UConn lose? Check. Have they beaten the also-rans? Check. Have the also-rans lost to other teams, sometimes inexplicably? Check. Does any team who wants to beat UConn have to get themselves psyched, motivated, up for the big one? Check. Does UConn, even at arguably not their best, still win? Check.

What does it say about the also-rans that they couldn't get it (their game) up when they had their chance?

Can UConn lose? Check...but I'm not putting the ranch on it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UConn is down to their last six games of the season. The most important 6 games of the season. The 6 games they're been preparing for since October.
Geno has them ready to go, mentally and physically. Every player on the roster is ready to give 100% towards the goal of winning these games. They are peaking right now. They're play in their last 2-3 games proves that. They'll be rested, all of their minor nicks will be healed, and they'll be ready to go. For a team to beat UConn, UConn would have to help them like they tried to do against Tulane, and UConn's defense would have to break down as well. I don't think either of those scenarios will happen.
The Meme image is Back! Thank you Carnac! Now if I could borrow Vowelguys Meme image to show my Snoopy Happy dance, life would be grand...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's going to take UConn foul trouble combined with a Lville v. Baylor shooting performance to beat them.

Reaction Score
says MSN in one of those annoying slide show formats. 12 teams that might be able upset the UConn women

Look on the bright side. UConn WCBB is drawing interest, which is why they are in this advertising clicks bonanza format. ;)
I think the truth is as follows; if UCONN plays it's "A" game, and everyone is healthy, no one in the tourney can beat this team.
Our "core four" is unmatched, and Soniya/Crystal are right up there in terms of point guard work.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have a hard time wrapping my head around the possibility of 5 in a row. It is hard to contemplate. Early last fall I was thinking Elite 8 would be about as far as this team would go. We're in Never Neverland territory.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
NO team will upset UConn. IF UConn loses this season it will be because they lost it and not that their opponent beat them. They can beat themselves and play poorly like the Tulane game which was a tight game that they pulled out. Barring injuries they wont get beat. If they get into foul trouble it will be their fault and then they could lose. The final game of the Regional s could be tuff and the FF could be tuff but we've been there and we can handle the pressure especially the mental pressure and media distractions. Hey we're UConn. We were built for Championships and Geno know exactly what to say and do to have UConn ready. Im not worried.

Reaction Score
If Tulane can play UConn to within a bucket, it's hardly beyond the realm of imagination that another team can upset UConn.
We agree, in the Tulane game, Collier, who was or leading scorer by a large margin, went out with 4 fouls early in the 3rd quarter,Uconn was leading by 17 points . That was a primary reason why Tulane came back and made it close.
My point is with the big three, NOT in foul trouble, no other team has the talent to win the game

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I didn't bother looking at the list after seeing "12 teams". What a joke. It's just a transparent click bait bunch of nonsense.

The number of teams with any remote chance of beating us can be counted on one hand, as always.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
.... if they play us at the same time. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom