12-0 = 03, What does that say about us? | The Boneyard

12-0 = 03, What does that say about us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Towson 4-0, Maryland 4-0, Michigan 4-0, UCONN 0-3.
What does that say, we are as bad as Speilman says we are, are we in the bottom the D1 rankings because we're a bad football team?
Or?... We have played the toughest OC schedule in D1 and lost to very good teams, so we're better than our record says.

What do you think?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are what your record says you are. In this case, winless. Still there were signs of life vs. Michigan.

Reaction Score
We are a poorly coached 0-3 team that has played 3 teams with better coaching, and in some cases more talent.

Reaction Score
Michigan is not that good a football team and Towson is, well, Towson. Maryland may be a good team. We're a bottom quartile type team.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Eyeball test says we are all the of 0-3 record. It also says we could have just as easily been 3-0 if we were capable of playing an entire game of football at a level to which we've grown accustom. Which frankly, isn't asking a whole lot.

Reaction Score
Michigan is not that good a football team and Towson is, well, Towson. Maryland may be a good team. We're a bottom quartile type team.

Time will tell how good Michigan is. Personally I feel they will be pretty good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The toughest OOC schedule in the country?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We are 0-3 bad. Our games follow the same exact friggin' script game after game. Play well early, fail to make adjustments, make a series of mistakes and bad coaching decisions and lose in the second half.

Reaction Score
We are 0-3 bad. Our games follow the same exact friggin' script game after game. Play well early, fail to make adjustments, make a series of mistakes and bad coaching decisions and lose in the second half.

Dooley speaks the truth

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
We have been growing into the year, we will win some... the guys are getting better from what I read about actual play. There are so many facets that are in need of help, against 3 teams with good prospects or much depth we lost.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Usually the question is "How good is team X?" and the answer is "Wait till they play the good teams on their schedule." Here the question is "How bad is UConn?" and the answer is "Wait till they play a couple bad teams like USF and Memphis".

Reaction Score
If we had lost 3 really close games on the final drive, sort of like the 3 we lost in 2009 right after Jazz Howard's death, close, hard fought games, that would be one thing. But we got clocked by Towson, clocked by a good Maryland team, and put up a fight against Michigan, but given the circumstances of that one, its hard ot know how to evaluate it. As Warde says, use your eyes. And mine tell me this is not a good football team. I think the defense will be pretty decent and will keep us in games the rest of the year, but the offense continues to suffer from DeLeone Syndrome. first and foremost the line stinks. I'm tired of trying to think of excuses. Whether its personnel or schemes or a combination I don't really know. But the next time they open a hole we ought to stop the game and hold a celebration, maybe award a game ball to the guy who holds his block. The running backs are ordinary at best and the quarterback is too. How in heaven's name did we get to this point with a former volleyball player as our #1 tight end? Somebody? Did they forget Delahunt and Griffin were graduating? We went from 2 guys who were 6-4 245-250 to a couple of guys who barely break 230, teamed with a 275 pound tackle. And we wonder why the right side of our line can't block the Little Sisters of the Poor. I shudder to think what Pasqualoni means when he says he recruits prototype players when we have a 225 pound tight end and a 275 pound right tackle...FCS teams have bigger guys than that...didn't mean for this to turn into a rant.

Reaction Score
We have been growing into the year, we will win some... the guys are getting better from what I read about actual play. There are so many facets that are in need of help, against 3 teams with good prospects or much depth we lost.
The Red cup is half full!
We have battle hardend our vets and battle tested the rooks, the OC sched doesn't win the conf.
After we beat the Bulls and get a week to heal, let the real games begin!!

Reaction Score
Did who forget that Delahunt and Griffin were graduating? The guys that have 4 true freshmen on the roster right now, and a RSFr that has played in games at both DE and TE? (we had a couple DE's graduate too). No I don't think they forgot that they were graduating. The guy that's responsible for their being a RSSo and a walk on RSSr for the remainder of the roster at the TE position might have forgotten something.

How about the graduating seniors that played so many games on OL? Petrus, Hicks, Ryan, Olivier, Hurd.........how many players were lined up behind them? We have two juniors and three sophomores on the entire roster, for the OL. Only one of which was an incoming recruit a few years ago as a true frosh and has developed as a contributing OL. How did that happen?

there is a lot to get on this coaching staff about, and mostly it's the 10-17 record, that could be and should be a lot better, but don't make stuff up. These guys are losing games, but they are at least building a roster that has enough scholarship players on it stacked up to make sense.

Reaction Score
If we had lost 3 really close games on the final drive, sort of like the 3 we lost in 2009 right after Jazz Howard's death, close, hard fought games, that would be one thing. But we got clocked by Towson, clocked by a good Maryland team, and put up a fight against Michigan, but given the circumstances of that one, its hard ot know how to evaluate it. As Warde says, use your eyes. And mine tell me this is not a good football team. I think the defense will be pretty decent and will keep us in games the rest of the year, but the offense continues to suffer from DeLeone Syndrome. first and foremost the line stinks. I'm tired of trying to think of excuses. Whether its personnel or schemes or a combination I don't really know. But the next time they open a hole we ought to stop the game and hold a celebration, maybe award a game ball to the guy who holds his block. The running backs are ordinary at best and the quarterback is too. How in heaven's name did we get to this point with a former volleyball player as our #1 tight end? Somebody? Did they forget Delahunt and Griffin were graduating? We went from 2 guys who were 6-4 245-250 to a couple of guys who barely break 230, teamed with a 275 pound tackle. And we wonder why the right side of our line can't block the Little Sisters of the Poor. I shudder to think what Pasqualoni means when he says he recruits prototype players when we have a 225 pound tight end and a 275 pound right tackle...FCS teams have bigger guys than that...didn't mean for this to turn into a rant.
You done yet? let it go!
I forget the comedian who said " you better blow that out!"

Reaction Score
We will know what kind of team we have in 2013, without a doubt, by Saturday about 8pm. THey have progressed since week 1, but they haven't won against top quality competition. We will see by Saturday night.

Reaction Score
When you lose games like that, somebody loses their job.
I hate to see anyone lose a job, but a message needs to be sent to the entire team that this is unacceptable.
Should it be a player or coach, a statement has to be made.

Reaction Score
Eyeball test says we are all the of 0-3 record. It also says we could have just as easily been 3-0 if we were capable of playing an entire game of football at a level to which we've grown accustom. Which frankly, isn't asking a whole lot.
This team needs a hotfoot!

Reaction Score
How about the graduating seniors that played so many games on OL? Petrus, Hicks, Ryan, Olivier, Hurd.........how many players were lined up behind them? We have two juniors and three sophomores on the entire roster, for the OL. Only one of which was an incoming recruit a few years ago as a true frosh and has developed as a contributing OL. How did that happen?

there is a lot to get on this coaching staff about, and mostly it's the 10-17 record, that could be and should be a lot better, but don't make stuff up. These guys are losing games, but they are at least building a roster that has enough scholarship players on it stacked up to make sense.

The If you look at the 2-deep from 2010, Edsall's last season, these are the #2s on the offensive line:LT Bennett, LG Bullock, C Bendarzick, RG Greene, RT Friend. Basically the current front 5 with the exception of the center who was an upper classman. So it isn't like we had nothing behind the Hurd Ryan Hicks group. That is what we had lined up behind them. the 2011 2-deep had Bennett and Friend moving into starting spots with Green as a backup. And that's how it is supposed to work. the problem is the guys behind them. As we've seen Hemingway is not ready and in my view he's too small for the position. He is listed at 272 or something. I doubt you'd find a right tackle at most of the better FCS schools that size. Gifford got some play last week, finally. Cruz has been playing regularly though he was an Edsall recruit that P managed to keep. its the current backups that struggle. He hasn't loaded up on terrific offensive line recruits that I can see. Prototypes my .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When you're a 1 point underdog vs Buffalo, you pretty much suck.
Well it is on the road, so they are still saying, effectively, that much as we suck Buffalo sucks more, by a couple of points anyway.

Reaction Score
Well it is on the road, so they are still saying, effectively, that much as we suck Buffalo sucks more, by a couple of points anyway.
Those lines move around to influence bets, I don't put too much stock in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom