10 seed.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

10 seed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every game is tough in the NCAA Tournament, but a 7 or 10 seed is probably best case scenario as far as matchups are concerned. If you think about it, an 8/9 seed is a tough draw because you will face basically an evenly matched team in round 1, then the winner gets the 1 seed. Most of the time the 1 seed is playing close to home which makes things harder. Its hard to guess on our seeding at this point. I remember going into the AAC Tournament in 2014, a lot of people figured UConn was a 7-8 seed. After beating Memphis and Cincinnati, then losing to Louisville, many of us were expecting a 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. We were all shocked to see that we got a 7 seed.

Reaction Score
Honest opinion here. This isn't 2011 or 2014. It is great that Adams hit that miracle shot and we are now in the NCAAs. But I don't think this team has even an unrealistic shot to win it all. How deep they go will depend on seed and bracket luck. I don't think we want to face a 1 seed in game 2. I don't think it will end well. There are some 2 seeds we could beat but even that is questionable for this group. Is there a way to be an 11 seed and not be in a play in game? If so, I would welcome a seeding screw job for an 11 seed and a shot at a 3 seed for a trip to the sweet sixteen. That would be a huge accomplishment for this group.

I kind of agree with you, but when this team plays the kind of team defense their capable of, they'll be a tough out for ANYBODY.

Reaction Score
One team I want no part of in the second matchup if we were to make it that far would be West Virginia their press would eat us alive.

Reaction Score
high seeded teams I wouldn't mind in our bracket; Oregon, Xavier, a&m, nova, Miami

Teams I'd like to avoid ; cincy , unc, WVU, purdue

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Location and avoiding UNC, Kansas or Mich St in round 2 is what's important now. We do have the talent to beat just about anyone else if we play well. I might want to avoid OU in OKC, but they don't look unbeatable. I think Phil could be pumped up enough to hold their guy in check long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom