10 seed.. | The Boneyard

10 seed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
for what it's worth, Lunardi now has us as 10 seed, opening up with Colrado. Oklahoma in our first bracket.

Reaction Score
If we win today, I think we get a higher seed, I'm guessing a 7 seed

Reaction Score
I think a 7 seed is definitely a possibility if we win today especially when you consider our BPI, Kenpom and Sagarin numbers are all top 30.

Reaction Score
I think a 7 seed is definitely a possibility if we win today especially when you consider our BPI, Kenpom and Sagarin numbers are all top 30.

And our RPI would get to the low-30's with that win.

It would be silly for us to be near the cut line with that resume.

Reaction Score
Location will also be important. If you get us to Providence or Brooklyn, the odds of getting through the first weekend change greatly.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could be well off base here but my point of view is that (for us at least) the only difference between being a 10 seed vs a 7 seed will be the color of our uniform (blue vs white).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Oklahoma in UConn's bracket would be excellent mojo.

fan.jpg

Reaction Score
Now he has us facing Dayton as a 10 seed with Xavier as the 2
Give me that bracket any day. We're 25 spots ahead of Dayton in Kenpom, 17 in Sagarin, 12 in BPI. Hard to overstate how rare that would be when you are 3 seed-lines below a team. Also, Xavier's advanced metrics make them more in line with a 4 seed than a 2. Give me that matchup any day over something like Witchita State/Oklahoma.

Lunardi stinks, though, so I'm sure he's way off.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think we're an 8 if we win today. I know they say they don't look at matchups, but you know the ratings for a potential UConn/UNC game on Saturday night would be off the charts.

Reaction Score
I think we're an 8 if we win today. I know they say they don't look at matchups, but you know the ratings for a potential UConn/UNC game on Saturday night would be off the charts.
While I don't want to play UNC, they aren't a 3 point shooting team, and if the refs allow Amida and Miller to play, our interior defense can really get to them.

I just hope they are a 7, 10, or 11 seed.

Reaction Score
If Uconn wins today (and that's a big if) we'll be a 7 seed. No way they force a 1 seed to play Americas team in the 2nd round.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now he has us facing Dayton as a 10 seed with Xavier as the 2
Flip that with UConn the 7 and Daytin the 10 and I can buy it. We'd be favored by 4-5

Reaction Score
Honest opinion here. This isn't 2011 or 2014. It is great that Adams hit that miracle shot and we are now in the NCAAs. But I don't think this team has even an unrealistic shot to win it all. How deep they go will depend on seed and bracket luck. I don't think we want to face a 1 seed in game 2. I don't think it will end well. There are some 2 seeds we could beat but even that is questionable for this group. Is there a way to be an 11 seed and not be in a play in game? If so, I would welcome a seeding screw job for an 11 seed and a shot at a 3 seed for a trip to the sweet sixteen. That would be a huge accomplishment for this group.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Honest opinion here. This isn't 2011 or 2014. It is great that Adams hit that miracle shot and we are now in the NCAAs. But I don't think this team has even an unrealistic shot to win it all. How deep they go will depend on seed and bracket luck. I don't think we want to face a 1 seed in game 2. I don't think it will end well. There are some 2 seeds we could beat but even that is questionable for this group. Is there a way to be an 11 seed and not be in a play in game? If so, I would welcome a seeding screw job for an 11 seed and a shot at a 3 seed for a trip to the sweet sixteen. That would be a huge accomplishment for this group.

They don't even have an unrealistic shot to win it all? I think even Hampton has an unrealistic shot to win it all.

No team is perfect. We have a longstanding habit of playing up or down to the level of competition. It gives us a fighting chance against every team in the field.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Most accurate bracketologist according to bracket matrix, has as an 8 seed

http://assemblycall.com/bracketology/

This is WAY more in line with reality. Gotta get off that 8 seed line though and I think we will with a win today.

My ideal is 7 seed out West with Oregon as the 1 and either Virginia or WV as the 2. Don't think they'll ship Nova out west, but if so, I'll take that all day. I don't want Oklahoma or MSU if they slip to a 2.

caw

Reaction Score

I have full faith UConn could give any team a run for its money, the defense is stellar as is the FT shooting. A lot will depend on match ups, in terms of how possible it is, but there isn't any team out there this UConn can't beat. It's a wide open field this year and maybe the luck is turning at the right time, we all know it's been bad all year, and the difference in at least two games in the regular season. Get those games back and this team could be staring at a four or five seed. So all things being equal I won't bet against this team.

Reaction Score
How would beating a team with a RPI > 100 jump us that much?

Much rather be a 7 or 10'and avoid the 1s until elite 8 if we get that far. UNC, KU, MSU are the teams I least want to see, but every game will be tough.

And our RPI would get to the low-30's with that win.

It would be silly for us to be near the cut line with that resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom