Reaction Score
4......mystics
3......shock
2.......sky
1........Mercury!!!

Wow

Mystics had #1 odds , and got the 4 pick. Can't believe this keeps happening

Reaction Score
WOW!! Brittany Griner....teamed with Taurasi, Taylor, & Bonner. Phoenix could be almost unstoppable

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Merc will take BG, Sky will take EDD, Shock will take SkyDigg but might trade. Mystics? Who knows......

Now if Diggins has a tremendous year, the Sky might take her and trade Sloot to someone like L.A. But I just think they would probably take EDD.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's a great fit for Phx. and Delle Donne to the Sky seems great too. Tulsa gets "stuck" with Diggins. And Washington got hosed.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Merc will take BG, Sky will take EDD, Shock will take SkyDigg but might trade. Mystics? Who knows......

I don't know if that's a slam-dunk. EDD's a pretty good defender too and a much more prolific scorer who can play all 5 positions. Management might choose BG for the wow factor, but I bet Cory Gaines is torn...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I don't know if that's a slam-dunk. EDD's a pretty good defender too and a much more prolific scorer who can play all 5 positions. Management might choose BG for the wow factor, but I bet Cory Gaines is torn...

Well, since Peck thinks BG is all wrong for Phoenix, I'm more sure of it than ever!!!

Seriously, you could be right but I think EDD would have to carry the Hens deep into the Tourney and look even better than she has thus far to get the nod at #1. I see the pace and athleticism of the W as potentially more of a challenge for her than for Griner at her position. Still a solid #2 pick if I had to guess. Just my 2 cents.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix already has two prolific scorers outside. They will now have the best offensive post player and the greatest defensive player in NCAA history. She and Deupree will be a killer combo at the 5 and 4 spots.

At least it's cheap to fly from Denver to Phoenix.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
tumblr_matk3meeuO1rtt27a.gif

But...But...I want EDD. :(

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Phoenix already has two prolific scorers outside. They will now have the best offensive post player and the greatest defensive player in NCAA history. She and Deupree will be a killer combo at the 5 and 4 spots.

Since when in the last decade has defense been important to Phoenix? :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Phoenix will take Griner. You don't pass on a once in a decade player like Griner.
In the next couple of drafts there will be players that will be at a similar talent level that Diggins and EDD are. Heck I would take Sims over Skylar if both came out in the same year.

I believe Chicago will take Diggins as she is from nearby South Bend and will help sell tickets far more then EDD would. Also there is less questions about Skylar's wanting to play in the WNBA then there is with EDD.

Reaction Score
By the end of this season Griner will leave no doubt about who's #1 and where she "fits in". Everywhere.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Phoenix will take Griner. You don't pass on a once in a decade player like Griner.
In the next couple of drafts there will be players that will be at a similar talent level that Diggins and EDD are. Heck I would take Sims over Skylar if both came out in the same year.

I believe Chicago will take Diggins as she is from nearby South Bend and will help sell tickets far more then EDD would. Also there is less questions about Skylar's wanting to play in the WNBA then there is with EDD.
There are no questions at all about EDD wanting to play in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
The interesting choice is going to be Chicago. EDD makes plenty of sense as floor spacer to pair with Fowles, but Diggins could be very attractive to Chicago from a marketing stand point. Notre Dame is covered by the Chicago newspapers and the Notre Dame fanbase is within driving distance of Chicago. And Pokey Chatman may prefer a guard like Diggins.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

And don't forget Taylor is coming back next year.

DT
Taylor
Bonner
Dupree
BG

also, Prahalis is available at the point, depending on the matchup.

It will be very interesting!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
It's about to be. BG is going to make Phoenix a much better defensive team.

Hah. The game philosophy of both Corey and his predecessor/mentor has been "we're gonna try to score 90 points and see if the other guys can keep up when we run 'em to death for 40 min". He's going to suddenly change his career-long coaching style because he's obtained a particular player? Wouldn't he rather have one that fits his preferred style? Who can rebound, outlet beautifully then hit the 3 after trailing the break?

Reaction Score

If Cory Gaines is torn, he should be fired.
You do NOT pass up BG.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No offense to EDD, but she can't play all 5 positions any more than Parker can. Neither are bangers like Charles or Fowles and neither have anything close to the power center type of game those 2 have. Is EDD tall enough to "play" in the post and rebound? Sure. Is she ever going to be a center? Not in the WNBA. As for her being a PG, I'll admit I don't see many of her games, but she's nowhere near the PG that Simms or Diggins or Grey or even Hartley are. Sure she's a great ball handler for her size, and probably a really good passer, but she'd never be asked to perform PG duties like DT has.

I'm not saying she isn't fabulous. She's the 2nd most interesting player in her class. She's got loads of talent and I still wish she had come to UCONN. But to put her in the same category as a player like Griner is silly. At 6'4", Bonner is a similar player. NOT identical, but similar. There is NO ONE like Brit Griner. This is all just my opinion of course.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hah. The game philosophy of both Corey and his predecessor/mentor has been "we're gonna try to score 90 points and see if the other guys can keep up when we run 'em to death for 40 min". He's going to suddenly change his career-long coaching style because he's obtained a particular player? Wouldn't he rather have one that fits his preferred style? Who can rebound, outlet beautifully then hit the 3 after trailing the break?

He's never had a BG before. Yep, he's about to adjust.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Sorry, but this is not true.

The phrase "can play all five positions" is bandied about like gospel among women's basketball commentators. It is fiction. It is beyond fiction. Bringing the ball up the court does not make you a point guard. Being the playmaker/floor general/point guard is a mentality. Similarly, being the tallest on the team or scoring close to the basket does not make you a center.

Elena Delle Donne is a small forward on the professional level, possibly a combination forward if she can defend the stronger power forwards.

And yes, taking Griner is a slam dunk...and a bigger slam dunk than taking Diana Taurasi in 2004. Phoenix has not had a dominant (or at least a star) center since Espionage Barbie (Maria Stepanova) left town in 2005. The team got by with power forwards playing the position (Kamila Vodichkova, Tangela Smith, Candice Dupree), but points in the paint and defending on the interior have been huge issues in Phoenix for years (including the two championship years).

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Well I do believe Chicago has just become my favorite team.

Reaction Score
Defensively EDD is definitely a PF in the WNBA. She's not gong to be able to defend WNBA wings. And offensively she plays much more like a stretch 4 than any kind of SF.

Elena Delle Donne is a small forward on the professional level, possibly a combination forward if she can defend the stronger power forwards.

Reaction Score
Phoenix is taking Griner.

The bigger question is if Chicago is taking EDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom