“Why did Dan Hurley take on the challenge at UConn...” | The Boneyard

“Why did Dan Hurley take on the challenge at UConn...”

Reaction Score
From the article: “That includes a reworking of the entrance to the Werth Family practice facility, making it more of a front door that showcases the Huskies’ success by moving the national championship trophies out of Hurley’s office, where no one can see them, to the front of the house. The weight room has been gutted, and the coaches’ offices are on their second iteration since Hurley took over, the first not quite to his liking. The antiquated locker rooms at Gampel Pavilion also are being renovated, all of it in keeping with the motto he preaches daily: “We can’t do this here. This is UConn.’’

Reaction Score
Maybe I should tweet him a link to here.

“There’s nothing worse than being at a place where there’s apathy. I love delusional. I want delusional. I’d rather have sickos tweeting at me things that are completely unrealistic. At least they care.’’

Reaction Score

“There’s nothing worse than being at a place where there’s apathy. I love delusional. I want delusional. I’d rather have sickos tweeting at me things that are completely unrealistic. At least they care.’’
he's gonna love uconnfandan's tweets at him the next time he has on a red tie

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Uh, coach? May I suggest...

Conference Realignment Board

Last edited:
Reaction Score
#4hunnidSZN

After he’d experienced a handful of workouts under Hurley, Jalen Adams decided to call his buddy Jared Terrell. Adams knew Hurley’s reputation as a taskmaster but figured the coach was going extra hard to get his new players’ attention. He expected Terrell, who played under Hurley for four seasons at Rhode Island, to tell him as much. “Nope, that’s the way it is. All season,’’ Adams recalls Terrell telling him. “I’m thinking, ‘Man this dude is crazy.’’’ Then Adams pauses. “But I needed it.’’

Reaction Score

I tweeted one thing at Ollie and he blocked me. It was during the Temple game when he benched Jalen Adams for the first 16 minutes of the 2nd half and blew a lead and lost. I was furious.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Doubt he reads it, but I'd be shocked if he didn't know about it. Calhoun did. And DH seems to cover all bases.

Reaction Score
I think he reads it. He answers the exact questions posed here in the press days after we debate them. He was particularly detailed discussing Polley, Vitale and Alterique. He knows what we want to hear. He's way too young to ignore the Boneyard. That generation of coaches is at least 10 years older.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think he reads it. He answers the exact questions posed here in the press days after we debate them. He was particularly detailed discussing Polley, Vitale and Alterique. He knows what we want to hear. He's way too young to ignore the Boneyard. That generation of coaches is at least 10 years older.

He has far too many things going on during his day to check the Boneyard.

We aren’t as important as we think we are.

Reaction Score
People asking the questions are the ones who read the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
People asking the questions are the ones who read the Boneyard.
You're probably right, but it isn't out if the realm of possibility. Jurgen Klopp is one of the best managers in the world managing at one of the biggest soccer clibs in the world and he mentioned that he likes to watch fan YouTube channels in order to have a finger on the pulse of the more informed fan base.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He has far too many things going on during his day to check the Boneyard.

We aren’t as important as we think we are.
1540311589730.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You're probably right, but it isn't out if the realm of possibility. Jurgen Klopp is one of the best managers in the world managing at one of the biggest soccer clibs in the world and he mentioned that he likes to watch fan YouTube channels in order to have a finger on the pulse of the more informed fan base.

He's also one of the strangest dudes going. I'll state something that may be controversial here: I think it's more time consuming to be a MCBB HC than an EPL manager.
  • Professionals often police themselves and don't require quite as much baby sitting
  • There's no recruiting, a full time job on it's own
  • You aren't dealing with children, parents, and handlers
  • You don't have to deal with scholastics, coursework, logistics and all that
  • Soccer strategy is a bit more fixed on a team by team basis and doesn't require quite as much midseason maintenance
  • Support staff for an EPL club is VASTLY superior to a MCBB program. Anything you need, you can get, merely by voicing it
  • MCBB is truly full time year round. EPL managers have some downtime

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Doubt he reads it, but I'd be shocked if he didn't know about it. Calhoun did. And Dan Hurley seems to cover all bases.
JC gave The Boneyard a shout out when we contributed to the heart charity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom