“A ton” of buzz about college football moving to spring- impact to CBB season start? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

“A ton” of buzz about college football moving to spring- impact to CBB season start?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I didn't understand that to be the case, but i'm not really clear on the details either. My guess is there will be something come out on this. Lot of money for any school in this climate. Unfortunately if you commit to something you sometimes lose your bargaining power without concessions.
The devil is going to be in the details here. I do believe the settlement is "earnings" derived and I do know that we are foregoing our share.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I would think overlapping CFB games would push a ton of CBB games to streaming. It would be a good time for aspiring play-by-play guys as well. Start practicing now, youngsters.
posted this in the thread on the FB board but its good info for here too:

NBA regular season ratings in 2018-19 averaged 1.99mm viewers across ESPN and ABC per SMW

Can't find regular season ratings but the World Series averaged 13.91mm viewers last year which is less than watched the Alabama v Michigan Citrus Bowl.

NHL ratings are a joke comparatively but it's hard to find consolidated regular season averages. Per SMW NBCSN looks like it averages 200k-600k viewers for their primetime regular season hockey games. The Stanley Cup finals averaged 5.3mm viewers last year

Last year's CFB had 27 games at or above 1.99mm viewers in the bowl season alone, and 36 above $1mm. If the average NHL game averaged 600k viewers (and that appears to be generous), it would've been the least watched bowl game in 2019-20. For comparison's sake to CFB, 600k is less than the amount of people that watched Indiana v Purdue on ESPN2 on the Saturday after Thanksgiving directly opposite of Michigan/Ohio State on Fox. UConn v Navy in an awful game on ESPN November 1 last year averaged 742k viewers

The largest watched CBB broadcast of the 2019-20 regular season was UNC v Duke on Feb 8 with 2.67mm viewers. For comparisons sake to CFB in 2019-20, there were 106 college football games at or above 2.67mm in viewership.

So yeah, its pretty safe to say CFB programming would push CBB behind some sort of streaming platform.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Aaand there it is

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"Current thinking is that likely fall sports will be cancelled - with the exception of those that can be played at a safe distance”.

What sport would that be....................................fall golf?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom