Zion's No INT Streak | The Boneyard

Zion's No INT Streak

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another game, no pick offs.

If my math is correct, he was picked off at the end of the first half against CCSU. Hasn't thrown an INT since. That's 86 pass attempts from the start of the second half against CCSU through last night.

1665314392998.png

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
That's a great stat, could you just black out the total yards next time, YIKES! That is simply amazing in today's game that we can throw for under 100 yards in three games and under 140 for all but one. Somehow we are 3-4. That speaks volumes to our OLine and RBs.

Reaction Score
ZT is very serviceable at this point. Still hasn’t shown great accuracy, but his pocket presence and decision-making process have both improved materially. Give the kid some time. The passing stats are less than impressive, but he’s a true freshman thrown into a difficult situation.

Reaction Score
ZT is very serviceable at this point. Still hasn’t shown great accuracy, but his pocket presence and decision-making process have both improved materially. Give the kid some time. The passing stats are less than impressive, but he’s a true freshman thrown into a difficult situation.
Zion was not 100% last night, was cramping up during the game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have no idea what caused the previous DC to take a leave, but I would prefer that we move on regardless. There is momentum here and he is not participant. His return would represent a return to the stink we had. Keep moving forward. I wish him well.
I sort of agree. But we beat Fresno whose back up QB didn’t show much and an at best mediocre FIU. We are still pretty bad at finding LBs or D backs who fill big holes against the run. Overall, though, we are becoming a watchable team. Could be that playing several really good offenses early was good for our guys. UConn fb seems on the way to being fun again.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I sort of agree. But we beat Fresno whose back up QB didn’t show much and an at best mediocre FIU. We are still pretty bad at finding LBs or D backs who fill big holes against the run. Overall, though, we are becoming a watchable team. Could be that playing several really good offenses early was good for our guys. UConn fb seems on the way to being fun again.
"Watchable" is no mean feat.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Looking hard for a silver lining. Edsall is jealous of the wraps Mora has put on the passing game.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what caused the previous DC to take a leave, but I would prefer that we move on regardless. There is momentum here and he is not participant. His return would represent a return to the stink we had. Keep moving forward. I wish him well.

Not to be mean, but the further we get from Spanos the better we look.

Last night. FIU actually gained more yards than us. We both had 66 offensive plays. We gained 6.0 YPP and they gained 6.1 YPP. TOs and red zone defense made the difference.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
While there may still me weaknesses, we can finally wrap up and tackle more often than before. There are still some head scratching misses but it's been night and day with the tackling and it's been huge with this defense.

Reaction Score
I believe this is what the coaching staff has had in mind for Zion - limit the passing attempts & when you throw, throw the safer passes - for the sake of minimizing INTs. It's worked out the last 2 games thanks to the running game and OL blocking.

If you have a strategy that's effective enough to win games, then stats don't matter.

Reaction Score
Not to be mean, but the further we get from Spanos the better we look.

Last night. FIU actually gained more yards than us. We both had 66 offensive plays. We gained 6.0 YPP and they gained 6.1 YPP. TOs and red zone defense made the difference.
We would have outgained them had it not been for one or two costly penalties.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love this thread title and am really happy for it, but I'm worried about the mojo...

Reaction Score
ESPN stats have him throwing 3 INTs. CCSU, SYR & FRES.
He's getting the job done but he's not the answer. I believe they are just buying their time with him. True Freshman or not ...he struggles and they know it, that's why they limit what they do with him so that way he doesn't make mistakes.
They are doing the best they can with what they have. They are growing every week.

Reaction Score
The improved play is certainly a tribute to the players and the ooaching staff overall, but the guy I want to lock up with a lifetime contract is the offensive line coach. From the disaster that was GDL through the Diaco and Edsall 2.0 years our OL has been a disaster. With a very limited passing attack (here's hoping Marion makes it back to open things up a bit), the team this year has depended on the OL to open up holes for the running attack and they've done a pretty damn good job of it.

Reaction Score
He's getting the job done but he's not the answer. I believe they are just buying their time with him. True Freshman or not ...he struggles and they know it, that's why they limit what they do with him so that way he doesn't make mistakes.
They are doing the best they can with what they have. They are growing every week.
They limit what they do with Zion because he has no one to really pass it to. Plus when you have a running game like we have there's no reason to open it up.

Reaction Score
That's a great stat, could you just black out the total yards next time, YIKES! That is simply amazing in today's game that we can throw for under 100 yards in three games and under 140 for all but one. Somehow we are 3-4. That speaks volumes to our OLine and RBs.
The kid was not a big thrower in high school. Averaged around the same amount of yards per game throughout his career as he has been doing here, 126 ypg in the air and 25 ypg on the ground. Expecting him to jump to a more competitive level with probably less of a supporting cast and suddenly throw for 300 yards a game is probably something that isn't that wise right now. Who knows, hopefully he may develop into something he hasn't been with good coaching and they may see something in him, but so far how the yards he is throwing are exactly inline with how he performed in high school.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Weird. I put a snip of Turner's stats from ESPN in my OP and it shows 2 INT's against Utah St and one against CCSU.

1665337507029.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom