Zion Cruz reopens recruitment | The Boneyard

Zion Cruz reopens recruitment

Reaction Score
I wouldn't, but what do I know................
Except, there was an all-star game last year with him, Roddy Gayle, Corey Floyd and some other highly ranked players and it seems I recall Cruz was nothing special, nor was Gayle, but CF
had a great game.
Maybe someone else can comment on how he looked in all these AAU tournaments this summer and deduce something from that.

Reaction Score
We’re not going to actively seek any 2022s so no

We’ll see later in the year where there are needs/holes
chief said he "likes" Jarace walker...

not sure what that means but walker/cruz are prob the only freshmen i'd like adding to the '22 class but just 1 of them not both. best case we get cole to come back and sign a big time transfer next summer to get us to the Final 4. the rebuild is over just need to play the games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
chief said he "likes" Jarace walker...

not sure what that means but walker/cruz are prob the only freshmen i'd like adding to the '22 class but just 1 of them not both. best case we get cole to come back and sign a big time transfer next summer to get us to the Final 4. the rebuild is over just need to play the games.
Not sure how involved we were to begin with but I believe Jarace Walker already dropped a final list and UConn was not on it

I personally think Cruz would be a good one to pursue for 2022, but not sure what’s going on with his recruitment as I thought he was Auburn bound and I never heard much buzz about him being recruited by UConn

Edit: From 2 minutes of reading comments on twitter is seems like most Auburn fans are saying that ZC really wants to go to Auburn but Bruce Pearl isn’t sold on him and he doesn’t have a committable offer yet. Sounds like BS to be cause I don’t see why Auburn would deny a top-20 kid an offer. Who knows.

Reaction Score
idk what chief meant by it but he said it on tuesday in the offer tracker thread. i'm assuming he misspelled jarace.
Yeah chief has me blocked/muted on here so I didn’t see that, but we did not make his final list so most likely not involved anymore

I am also a fan of Jarace Walker that kid is an absolute beast

Reaction Score
Edit: From 2 minutes of reading comments on twitter is seems like most Auburn fans are saying that ZC really wants to go to Auburn but Bruce Pearl isn’t sold on him and he doesn’t have a committable offer yet. Sounds like BS to be cause I don’t see why Auburn would deny a top-20 kid an offer. Who knows.

Why is this hard for some folks to understand? The obvious answer is because Bruce Pearl must not think he's a top 20 player, and quite rationally thinks that his evaluations of high school basketball players has more weight than the evaluations of recruiting experts.

Reaction Score
Why is this hard for some folks to understand? The obvious answer is because Bruce Pearl must not think he's a top 20 player, and quite rationally thinks that his evaluations of high school basketball players has more weight than the evaluations of recruiting experts.
I was saying I think it’s BS because every single fan base pulls the “well we didn’t want him anyways!” thing after they don’t get a commit for whatever reason. Sounds like the same old thing to me.

The only thing that went into that post were a few tweets I read, so I wouldn’t read too deep into Bruce Pearls talent evaluation of 5 star players based on that.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I was saying I think it’s BS because every single fan base pulls the “well we didn’t want him anyways!” thing after they don’t get a commit for whatever reason. Sounds like the same old thing to me.

The only thing that went into that post were a few tweets I read, so I wouldn’t read too deep into Bruce Pearls talent evaluation of 5 star players based on that.
For example, see the last comment about JJ Starling...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom