Zion Comin' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zion Comin'

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I would love to hear your reasoning. Why will he not be successful?
Obviously, I cannot use his past performance to predict a bust, as his past performance suggests future success and possible stardom. However, I feel that the hype that has accompanied him is something that cannot be lived up to, and the intense spotlight that he is under has been known to be tough on rookies as young as he is. Pair that with an early injury, a lonely market in NO, and I can just as easily see Zion going the way of a Jabari Parker or Jhalil Okafor, as he does a star. He still has to prove his hype - for years - and that's going to be a tough task. Like I said, I'm rooting for him. I just don't see him ever becoming the best player in the league, as many are predicting. But that doesn't mean he isn't already successful or accomplished either. There is a lot being asked of him.

Reaction Score
At the NBA Draft, Lebron was listed at 6'8", 240. Today he's 6'9, 238 with 6.7% body fat.
Zion is listed between 275 and 285 and he's not at 6% body fat for sure.
Zion is likely 10-20% heavier than LeBron, but LeBron is very likely 250lbs. Average Joe's that are 6'3 have trouble keeping it under 225 - just can't see a guy that muscular weighing <250.

I was ridiculed for identifying New Orleans as a bad city for Zion due to his potential weight issues. Add the time off and nothing to do but lift and it is exacerbated. Yet I still like the odds of him having a 12-year comet like career and getting at least one MVP.
Between Zion and the high flying antics of Ja Morant the odds of those two dominating the league for an extended period are low. Yet again I'd rather they burn hot because each of their current styles are unique and extremely fun to watch.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
At the NBA Draft, Lebron was listed at 6'8", 240. Today he's 6'9, 238 with 6.7% body fat.
Zion is listed between 275 and 285 and he's not at 6% body fat for sure.
Thats my point Lebron doesn't seem to have knee problems carrying 240 for 16 seasons. The knees don't know from body fat versus muscle they just know weight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom