Zags: UConn’s Facey Wants to Play with Napier, Boatright | The Boneyard

Zags: UConn’s Facey Wants to Play with Napier, Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Crap, Boatright has shrunk since the end of the season

"Boatright, a 5-1 sophomore off guard, is also weighing his future options"

Not gonna have many options to weigh if he's only 5-1.

Reaction Score
Awesome!

You'll laugh, once he was considering UConn last summer... I said to myself we need to sign Facey just so I can yell out "In Your Facey"... Yeah, I need a life, but it sounds great! LOL Doesn't it have a great ring?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
How about when he makes a block:

"Talk to the hand cuz the Facey ain't listening"

Reaction Score
You'll laugh, once he was considering UConn last summer... I said to myself we need to sign Facey just so I can yell out "In Your Facey"... Yeah, I need a life, but it sounds great! LOL Doesn't it have a great ring?

Sure does!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Probably around the 25th or 26th [or April], that’s when I am going to decide whether I’m going to stay or going to go,” Napier told the Hartford Courant. “I continue to talk to my family, I talk to my mother every day about it. I’m just weighing the pros and cons, weighing my options. Growing up, I always thought one day, hopefully, I’d be able to provide for my family. That’s the thing that matters so much.”

Reaction Score
I wanted us to sign Hasheem, just to post "we got Thabeet". So I can't criticize.

Reaction Score
I wanted us to sign Hasheem, just to post "we got Thabeet". So I can't criticize.

Ha, I think I remember hearing that one before. It had a nice ring to it! I often said "Get ready for the Thabeeting" or a "Thabeet Down" or a "Thabeeting".... I'm trying to come up with a Brimah one. I'm leaning towards "Brimah to the Rimah" or "Brimah protecting the Rimah"... said in my best Boston accent. Maybe there's something better, but it's all I got right now. Still time to come up with something good.

Reaction Score
Ha, I think I remember hearing that one before. It had a nice ring to it! I often said "Get ready for the Thabeeting" or a "Thabeet Down" or a "Thabeeting".... I'm trying to come up with a Brimah one. I'm leaning towards "Brimah to the Rimah" or "Brimah protecting the Rimah"... said in my best Boston accent. Maybe there's something better, but it's all I got right now. Still time to come up with something good.

Have fun with it. Great to see. Best of health to everyone on the B-Yard including their pets. Catch up to you guys in June! A lot to look forward to.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Imagine my excitement when we signed Travis. I knew I would have fun yelling "Bring on the 'night!!"

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Do you write for John Sterling?

Reaction Score
"Growing up, I always thought one day, hopefully, I’d be able to provide for my family. That’s the thing that matters so much.”

This statement would lead me to believe he's at least seriously considering turning pro, if not leaning that way. I'm unfamilar with the economic situation of Napier's family, but one could infer from this statement they're not exactly printing money. He doesn't have any children I'm aware of, however, this certainly implies he values providing for his family more than playing out his senior season at UConn, as he should. Let's just hope if he does declare for the draft, which looks like more than a slight possibility at this point, we don't have a bunch of people here questioning his decision, because none of us have any idea what his priorities are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom