Zags: Noel's Teammates think he should go to Kensucky | The Boneyard

Zags: Noel's Teammates think he should go to Kensucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Anyone who walks around with that undeserved since of entitlement shouldn't be playing at UConn.

Reaction Score
noel never said it though...he has us in his top 4 i believe...i love the kids game

Reaction Score
noel never said it though...he has us in his top 4 i believe...i love the kids game

Yeah, after watching that, I really don't want Kid 'n Play.

Reaction Score
from the rumors cuse was the front runner, but that might have changed because of the fine

Reaction Score

Uh, are you saying you don't want Noel? Really? He said nothing harsh in that video. In fact, he always comports himself pretty well. In 2 years, both Oriakhi and Drummond will be gone. UConn will need a presence at center/forward. They need to lineup some talent at that spot. Noel could play 30 minutes as a freshman at UConn.

Reaction Score
Freshman year minutes (eventual draft pick):
Okafor 30 (2), Thabeet 24 (2), Oriakhi 24 (?), Drummond 23 and rising (prob top 3).
Demarcus Cousins 23 (5), Anthony Davis 27 (prob top 3)
Rakeem Christmas 12 (?), Fab Melo 9 (?)

this small and very biased sample shows that calhoun gives freshmen big men a lot of minutes. okafor and oriakhi went on to win national championships and thabeet a final four in their careers. this doesn't even include hilt, boone, and charlie, all won a title and were first round picks.
can't understand why anyone would go to cuse. at uk you better hope the guy before you clears out and the guy coming in isn't better than you. most of the time going there won't change your draft stock because you were already in the top 5. any big man choosing a school should do their homework.

Reaction Score
Okafor 30 (2), Thabeet 24 (2), Oriakhi 24 (?), Drummond 23 and rising (prob top 3).

this small and very biased sample shows that calhoun gives freshmen big men a lot of minutes. okafor and oriakhi went on to win national championships and thabeet a final four in their careers. this doesn't even include hilt, boone, and charlie, all won a title and were first round picks.
can't understand why anyone would go to cuse. at uk you better hope the guy before you clears out and the guy coming in isn't better than you. most of the time going there won't change your draft stock because you were already in the top 5. any big man choosing a school should do their homework.

I think some of this is simply the result of fortuitous timing. Thabeet and Oriakhi played a ton as freshman because we literally had nobody else. Thabeet came in after Armstrong, Boone, and Nelson left; Oriakhi came in after Thabeet and Adrien left. Melo would have played more last year if he wasn't terrible. Christmas is facing a logjam for minutes at the 5.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Love the hi-top making a comeback.

Noels seems like a good kid. But that video is just proof (in case we didn't have it) that the whole recruiting world knows Kentucky is the place to go if you want to be showcased.

Reaction Score
As someone pointed out, it was what his teammates were saying, not Noel. We're in his top 4. The Tilton pipeline hopefully is still flowing.

If you've ever watched this kid play, you'd be wanting him more than ___________ (fill in the blank)! The kid's game is perfect for UConn. He blocks everything in sight. Runs the floor like a guard. Is a pretty good post passer. Is raw but has a budding post game.

He's got more a Marcus Camby type body and game compared to Drummond. On a side note, I saw some Knicks' highlights of Amare and apart from the lack of interest in playing D, I can see why people compare AD to him. Very similar combination of body and athleticism. If he is able to come close to doing the rest of the season what he did on Sunday, he's going to be the #1 pick in this year's draft. I wish they'd institute the 2 year rule now, but I'm sure they'll delay it one to two drafts. Getting back to Noel, although he's mentioned that he's not reclassifying back to 2012, it doesn't seem too much of a leap of faith for him to pull an Drummond and decide to fill the hole that AD will vacate after the season.

My dream scenario is we repeat as NCs, lose as few players as possible (Lamb & AD) and replace them with Omar and Noel, and why not throw in Anthony Bennett for good measure. Just as I was shocked that AD wasn't champing at the bit to join the local instate program that was coming off an NC and returning a lot of its talent, I'll be shocked if Noel would pass up playing for the regional powerhouse Huskies under similar circumstances. I'm banking on Ollie getting the point-man job done and JC closing the deal as he moves one year closer to finishing up his college coaching career. A 3-peat would be nice. Has anyone won more than 2 in a row since Wooden? My guess is no. That would be an awesome way for JC thumb his nose at the NCAA, ESPN and the rest of the JC critics and UConn haters.

I'm not saying any of this will happen, but I like our chances as much as any team to cut down the nets this spring. If we were to get Noel, who IMO can be a game changer like AD can if he puts even just 60% of his abilities together, I'd be liking our chances again in 2013 assuming a large core of our players return next season. I'd take a JC coached team over a squid coached team any day, especially if our team has a core made up of juniors on up, compared to some uber-talented young Cal lead team whose core made up of Freshman and a handful of Sophs on up. Let's hope that Noel sees it this way and a lot differently from his teammate who seem to have drunk the Calipari Kool-Aid.

Reaction Score
My dream scenario is we repeat as NCs, lose as few players as possible (Lamb & AD) and replace them with Omar and Noel, and why not throw in Anthony Bennett for good measure.

Dream big! My dream scenario: We win the NCAA championship. Lamb and Drummond go halfsies on a Powerball ticket, win the jackpot, and each decide to graduate in 4 years and donate money to get the practice facility construction rolling. Calhoun snags whatever recruits he wants and we win many consecutive ships.

Reaction Score
"Noel can go anywhere he wants to but also mentions UConn, Syracuse and Providence, along with Kentucky, among his suitors."

Reaction Score
Best case scenerio would involve a repeat, and UCONN is the place where you go to be showcased AND WIN

As a guard, how are you going to compete the successes in history over the prospects lifetime of:
Ray, Rip, Rudy, Jeremy, Gordon, and Kemba

As a big man:
Okafor, Boone, Armstrong, Thabeet, and soon to be Drummond and AO (all first round picks)

Another championship, and we would have to be on the top of the list for both Noel and Bennett, which would give us a real shot at a 3 peat:
Bazz, Boat, Omar, Daniels, Roscoe, Noel, Bennett, that's a freaky athletic lineup

Reaction Score
coleman is going to cuse and i dont think he is a one and done...but u never know...that would fill up cuse's C spot for that year...

Reaction Score
coleman is going to cuse and i dont think he is a one and done...but u never know...that would fill up cuse's C spot for that year...

Colemans going to play the 4 at Cuse from what I heard so that really has no effect, I think hes yours to lose imo

Reaction Score

I dont get it either. What exactly does Syracuse have to offer? If you exclude one player (Melo), the program has done basically nothing in the past 15 yrs and neither have their pros. They hardly ever produce any college stars and never do anything in the dance; always getting upset. What do they have two Elite 8's in the past 15 years? It really is beyond me why top recruits continue to pick Syracuse. What track record does Boeheim have for developing players and sending them off to have successful NBA careers?

Reaction Score
Kentucky (10-1) played without Terrence Jones, who missed the first game in his collegiate career after dislocating the pinky on his left, shooting hand on Saturday.

Are you kidding me? Almost sounds like they are deliberately making fun of him or something. His pinky?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Must be the somethin-somethin they've been getting on the side from Laurie Fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom