'zaga ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

'zaga ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Is it just me. Or does Jay bilas look sickly?
  2. Great start offensively, but somebody better guard Nembhard
  3. Samson Johnson looked lively when he got in the first time, but did little after that. He only played 12 minutes or so for the game. Not sure if that was based on his play or the fact that Clingan was having the best game he's exhibited at UConn.
  4. Evidently, on the west coat, the visiting team blocking a shot is always a foul.
  5. Mark Few always looks like he's crying.
  6. We got kind of killed on the boards, but won the battle of dimes handily. All 'zaga does well on offense is drive the lane. One on one stuff. They had a total of three assists in the first half, to our eleven.
  7. We pushed our lead to double digits with 90 seconds or so left in the fist half.
  8. 'Zaga was 1 of 3 from deep in first half. We were 7 of 9.
  9. Game seemed get a little funky starting with the Spencer tie-up turnover at 13.40. For the next five minutes, we had more turnovers and more fouls than points.
  10. When it felt like 'zaga found some new energy mid to late 2nd half, Castle, Diarra, Clingan and Karaban took turns saving our butts.
  11. I really liked the exchange of dimes between Diarra and Clingan on consecutive possessions.
  12. Never trailed and 0-0 was the only tie of the game.
  13. Clingan turned a corner tonight. Dominating performance inside. His best game as a Husky for sure. Hope that finger heals up quick.
  14. We ended up with a 17 to 5 advantage in dimes.
  15. Not sure what all the fuss was about 'zaga. Was that typical of the way they've played this season? Totally one dimensional on offense. Nembhard and Watson took turns driving the lane for either pull-ups inside the foul line or short hooks, almost exclusively from the right side of the lane. How can a supposed upper tier NCAA division one program have 5 assists the entire game?

Reaction Score
Yeah. I'd say that was a B game from our Huskies, and they were never really threatened by Gonzaga. Their offense was not terribly impressive (credit to our D too). They did rebound really well. I guess I'd need to see more of their games against Q1/2 teams to see how they are a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
A lot of us, myself included, thought Stewart would be worked in more to spell AK but it seems like Castle is the backup at the 4 with a 4 guard lineup.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
  1. Is it just me. Or does Jay bilas look sickly?
  2. Great start offensively, but somebody better guard Nembhard
  3. Samson Johnson looked lively when he got in the first time, but did little after that. He only played 12 minutes or so for the game. Not sure if that was based on his play or the fact that Clingan was having the best game he's exhibited at UConn.
  4. Evidently, on the west coat, the visiting team blocking a shot is always a foul.
  5. Mark Few always looks like he's crying.
  6. We got kind of killed on the boards, but won the battle of dimes handily. All 'zaga does well on offense is drive the lane. One on one stuff. They had a total of three assists in the first half, to our eleven.
  7. We pushed our lead to double digits with 90 seconds or so left in the fist half.
  8. 'Zaga was 1 of 3 from deep in first half. We were 7 of 9.
  9. Game seemed get a little funky starting with the Spencer tie-up turnover at 13.40. For the next five minutes, we had more turnovers and more fouls than points.
  10. When it felt like 'zaga found some new energy mid to late 2nd half, Castle, Diarra, Clingan and Karaban took turns saving our butts.
  11. I really liked the exchange of dimes between Diarra and Clingan on consecutive possessions.
  12. Never trailed and 0-0 was the only tie of the game.
  13. Clingan turned a corner tonight. Dominating performance inside. His best game as a Husky for sure. Hope that finger heals up quick.
  14. We ended up with a 17 to 5 advantage in dimes.
  15. Not sure what all the fuss was about 'zaga. Was that typical of the way they've played this season? Totally one dimensional on offense. Nembhard and Watson took turns driving the lane for either pull-ups inside the foul line or short hooks, almost exclusively from the right side of the lane. How can a supposed upper tier NCAA division one program have 5 assists the entire game?

5. Adults who chew gum compulsively annoy me. Few is no different.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
  1. Mark Few always looks like he's crying.
He's coming to sad acceptance that he will never win a National Championship.

His heart cracked when Baylor rolled his undefeated team in 2021, and then UConn crushed what he must have thought was his next best chance last March.

Last night before a large home state crowd, Gonzaga added itself to the list of double digit defeats inflicted by UConn. Few's long time former assistant Tommy Lloyd has Arizona sitting (as of this writing) atop the AP poll.

For years, a strong case could be made that he was the best coach never to have won it all. It's not like he blew it or merits derision for his inability to win the big one. After falling to UNC by 6 points in the 2017 Final, two different younger coaches have constructed the most dominant championship runs in the new century.

At age 60, Few is by no means old, but the landscape has changed, and I believe that moving from Gonzaga to a program with extraordinary resources would provide his only possibility to reach the highest height. I doubt that will happen, although I admit that it could.

For now, it's understandable that he could look like a man whose dream has died. Imagine being that successful and having such a realization unfold in real time.

caw

Reaction Score
Gonzaga runs more off ball stuff than most teams but it’s like watching a preschool team in that regard after watching UConn for the last two seasons.

So far this year no major conference team I’ve watched comes close to the off ball action UConn runs. KU is the closest and it’s a big difference.

Watched UK vs UNC and it was three guys standing around with one guy dribbling and either a post up or a pick and roll. Both ways. Just ugly ball.

Watching Creighton vs Alabama and it’s not much different from Bama. Brighton does run some stuff though. Pretty simple actions though.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga runs more off ball stuff than most teams but it’s like watching a preschool team in that regard after watching UConn for the last two seasons.

So far this year no major conference team I’ve watched comes close to the off ball action UConn runs. KU is the closest and it’s a big difference.

Watched UK vs UNC and it was three guys standing around with one guy dribbling and either a post up or a pick and roll. Both ways. Just ugly ball.

Watching Creighton vs Alabama and it’s not much different from Bama. Brighton does run some stuff though. Pretty simple actions though.
Would have loved to see Jalen or vital play within this offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom