Zach Lowe on Kemba | The Boneyard

Zach Lowe on Kemba

Reaction Score
Kemba Walker never saw this superstar turn coming

Quotes Calhoun once:
"All of a sudden, he couldn't go by people anymore," says Jim Calhoun, who coached Walker to a national title at UConn.

Best part IMO:
He couldn't handle the sheer volume of losses. As Charlotte players trudged into the home locker room after one of those 59 losses, they heard someone screaming. "We can't keep losing," the man shouted, according to several players. "We've got to be better than this! I'm tired of this losing s---!"

It was Walker. He was weeping. Veterans were stunned. "Some guys were like, 'Oh well, we lost another game, what are we doing tonight?'" Gerald Henderson recalls. "And Kemba's in tears. It was like, 'Damn, this s--- really matters to him. This cat cares.'"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great article about a great player. One of the benefits of living in North Carolina is getting the Hornets games. Kemba is the captain of the team and has won the hearts of fans. Definitely the face of the Hornets. It's great to watch him play. But let's not forget Jeremy who has become the second best player on the team.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Best part IMO:
He couldn't handle the sheer volume of losses. As Charlotte players trudged into the home locker room after one of those 59 losses, they heard someone screaming. "We can't keep losing," the man shouted, according to several players. "We've got to be better than this! I'm tired of this losing s---!"

It was Walker. He was weeping. Veterans were stunned. "Some guys were like, 'Oh well, we lost another game, what are we doing tonight?'" Gerald Henderson recalls. "And Kemba's in tears. It was like, 'Damn, this s--- really matters to him. This cat cares.'"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Love Ed Reed. He's close to the top of the list of guys I wish were on the Pats during their career, along with Larry Fitzgerald and a few others.

Reaction Score
Love Ed Reed. He's close to the top of the list of guys I wish were on the Pats during their career, along with Larry Fitzgerald and a few others.
One of my all-time favorite players, would have been a HOF'er at any position. just a football player. Also a really cool guy, somehow even cooler now that he's looking like Frederick Douglass.
Resized_15435051767804299109800752385272001_6872.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's early, but if it continues this will be the best season any UConn alum has had in the NBA. Ray had some great years, but what Kemba's doing is unreal.

Reaction Score
I wish Boston would package a deal with kyrie for kemba but that won’t happen

The package would be the other way around. Irivng is 2 years younger with another year on his deal, while Kemba is expiring.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The package would be the other way around. Irivng is 2 years younger with another year on his deal, while Kemba is expiring.

Right, sorry I worded that wrong. We could do a sign and trade. The thing about Kyrie is that he’s always hurt and he’s just insane—I don’t think he has the drive. He’s more talented than kemba but doesn’t seem like the guy you’d want to be your team’s leader

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom