OT: - Zach Freemantle Suspended Indefinitely | The Boneyard

OT: Zach Freemantle Suspended Indefinitely

Reaction Score

No comment on the suspension, but my guess is that Jones will play the 4 and Craft will join the starting lineup:

Boum/Kunkel/Craft/Jones/Nunge

Big blow nonetheless, especially after Freemantle looked more like his old self towards the end of the season.

I had the chance to talk with him when Xavier visited Storrs last year and he was super gracious with his time. It was only a minute or so, but those interactions with basketball fans are huge and I'll always remember that. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Alot of speculation on twitter about what happened. Big blow for them right before the start of practice.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a coach sending a kid a message. The word indefinitely is pretty scary . It could mean anything from 24 hours to permanently.
Whatever he did he will probably think twice before he does it again.
The coach will probably make sure returning to practice is not fun for awhile just as a reminder .

Reaction Score
The coach already has all the power. Some people watching from the outside really seem to get off on coaches being punitive and wielding their power in a public way. There are ways to lead and to create relationships and keep stuff in-house. Zach’s probably a jerk. Sean definitely is. I hope they have tons of fun together.

And save the histrionics about it only being a suspension and people are too soft and back in my day and whatnot.

Reaction Score
The coach already has all the power. Some people watching from the outside really seem to get off on coaches being punitive and wielding their power in a public way. There are ways to lead and to create relationships and keep stuff in-house. Zach’s probably a jerk. Sean definitely is. I hope they have tons of fun together.

And save the histrionics about it only being a suspension and people are too soft and back in my day and whatnot.
Way to inject something into this thread that nobody has said.

The rumor is he suspended him to send a message that things will be done differently with him as coach instead of Travis Steele. It's only public because reporters notice Freemantle isn't practicing with the team.

Reaction Score
Not understanding these replies. Nothing was officially reported on why he was suspended but the rumors are it was an attitude adjustment thing/sending a message.
I mean the responses are because a) nobody actually knows what the reason was (and your comment is the first time I'd heard it was something like that), and b) Sean Miller's history would suggest that he does not take infractions remotely seriously.

That second part caused the initial shock at a suspension and then obviously the resulting lack of surprise when it ended up being a totally toothless suspension. Could very well be the right punishment based on the circumstances if what you're saying is correct but that doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly minor.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Freemantle falls into my all worthy opponent listings. Very hard to handle at 6-10, shoots from deep, can put it on the floor and a lot of hustle. Rang us up for 30 pts in this game that we won. Announcer
said he was a transfer from URI.

Reaction Score
Freemantle falls into my all worthy opponent listings. Very hard to handle at 6-10, shoots from deep, can put it on the floor and a lot of hustle. Rang us up for 30 pts in this game that we won. Announcer
said he was a transfer from URI.

It's just the way the video was edited mid-play, Tyrese Martin is the transfer from URI

Reaction Score
Indefinitely = two weeks lol
Do you not know what word "indefinite" means?

Some of the responses in here on it only being two weeks shows are quite idiotic.

Reaction Score
I take those responses as hyperbole.

Which makes your response what?
I mean the responses are because a) nobody actually knows what the reason was (and your comment is the first time I'd heard it was something like that), and b) Sean Miller's history would suggest that he does not take infractions remotely seriously.

That second part caused the initial shock at a suspension and then obviously the resulting lack of surprise when it ended up being a totally toothless suspension. Could very well be the right punishment based on the circumstances if what you're saying is correct but that doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly minor.
Yea, you would be wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom