Zach Brown arrested | The Boneyard

Zach Brown arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will be shocked if he ever finds his way on to a college campus

Reaction Score
Sad, but not at all surprising. Glad the staff saw the writing on the wall with this kid.

Reaction Score
You'd think with the handlers he's staying with he wouldn't need to steal. That's too bad, I hope he can figure himself out and find his way onto a college squad.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess not everyone can/will benefit from being under the wings of guys like KO and JC
Kid had a chance
Can only hope that this doesn't mean the end of the road for him

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I have gone to the mat for some guys I really liked such as Nate Miles and Clyde Vaughn who some posters were down on. But, a month or two ago I said I wasn't going that route for Brown, based on reports I heard, and unfortunately those reports were right on

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I have gone to the mat for some guys I really liked such as Nate Miles and Clyde Vaughn who some posters were down on. But, a month or two ago I said I wasn't going that route for Brown, based on reports I heard, and unfortunately those reports were right on
Cool, you were right about a child with a life horrible beyond anything 99% of the people here have ever experienced. Bask in that one, you've earned it!

Reaction Score
Looks like UConn made the right decision. Hope the kid can turn it around one day. Charges seem to be pretty serious. You can find them here:

Miami-Dade County Clerk Criminal Justice

Robbery with sudden snatch and an armed weapon.

Sudden snatch means you robbed someone by unlawfully taking money or property off a person's body.

Sorry for the kid. Too many negative outside influences affecting him and his journey

Reaction Score
Writing on the wall... come on, we all know there must have been an incident(s) where word got back to us. This wasn't sitting in the office with a magic 8 ball

Reaction Score
Guys 7 foot don't need to be robbing people. It ain't like they are inconspicuous. He's still got time for basketball but any other career path erodes quickly with a criminal record.

Kids are so shortsighted, he could have been 'robbing' GMs in about 4 years for millions and without a gun.

Reaction Score
Yes, ultimately, but was this a really good kid and as soon as he committed to UConn he went downhill? Really not sure why they ever recruited him if they cared about high character kids.

Also, did we lose out on other guys because we went hard after him or when he was signed.

Looks like UConn made the right decision. Hope the kid can turn it around one day. Charges seem to be pretty serious. You can find them here:

Miami-Dade County Clerk Criminal Justice

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Growing up in LA, Ollie saw enough in this kid to say thanks but no thanks. If Ollie had thought this was manageable, there is no way he would have passed on 7ft.

Reaction Score
Sad.

Sometimes its one or two decisions that turn your life from promising to otherwise.

What if he had come to putnam, gotten along, and matriculated...

Now, looking at Jail.

Reaction Score
He was brought up by his aunt because his mom was a crack head. I knew he was in trouble once he returned to Miami. There was a video done of his home environment in Miami. His mom and his uncle were ready to jump on the Zach Brown gravy train. Reminding him what they all did for him and that he can't forget family. What a collection of parasites. His only chance was getting KO to take him on.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much of this is just his character and how much has to do with people he hangs with.

I'm in no way making excuses for him, or taking him off the hook for any consequences.

It was just a rhetorical question, wondering if he is the type of kid that if you surround him with the right people he could turn the corner, or if he's one that's just bad to the core like an Aaron Hernandez.

If he was the former, then going to UConn and getting mentored by Ollie could have made a huge difference in his life. He's obviously messed that opportunity up, and now he's probably not going to be picked by any top hi major quality program, if that's even possible now.

The issues are different, but it reminds me a lot of Nate Miles, a kid who had a world of potential and NBA game, who completely derailed his future.

I hope he does turn his life around. It's very sad when you see a person who has a chance to alter his future and that of his lineage, but simply perpetuates the sins of the past.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It's gotta look pretty awkward seeing a skinny 7 footer robbing someone. Using a hand gun to commit a second crime is very serious. I expect jail time to come out of this.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sad.

Sometimes its one or two decisions that turn your life from promising to otherwise.

What if he had come to putnam, gotten along, and matriculated...

Now, looking at Jail.

Or, maybe this is will be a (hard earned) wake up call. He's 18, you never know. Plenty of time left to turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom