YouTube TV question | The Boneyard

YouTube TV question

Reaction Score
I've got a question for any subscribers to YouTube TV. I'm able to do a search for Connecticut Huskies Men's Basketball and then add the team to my Library so that all games are recorded, but a search for Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball doesn't work the same way. So apparently I need to individually set each game to record. Has anyone else noticed this?

Reaction Score
I've got a question for any subscribers to YouTube TV. I'm able to do a search for Connecticut Huskies Men's Basketball and then add the team to my Library so that all games are recorded, but a search for Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball doesn't work the same way. So apparently I need to individually set each game to record. Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes, I had the same experience. I'm hoping that after the first women's game on SNY it will be possible to add the team to the library.

Reaction Score
Yes, I had the same experience. I'm hoping that after the first women's game on SNY it will be possible to add the team to the library.
It will. Or you can scroll ahead on the SNY channel under the "Live" banner to Sunday at noon and click on the UConn game and add it from there.

Reaction Score
It will. Or you can scroll ahead on the SNY channel under the "Live" banner to Sunday at noon and click on the UConn game and add it from there.
Turns out the game is on CBS Sports Live, but the same principle applies. I just added the team to my library. Now I don't have to sneak away from church early (which is hard to do since I am presiding).

Reaction Score
I have found using my computer to find the shows/games I want to DVR on YouTube TV much easier to use, although I watch YouTube TV on the ROKU. The key search phrase on YouTube TV is "NCAAW Basketball", the Vanderbilt vs Connecticut game for Nov 17 on SNY. (the schedule for other NCAAW games reaches Nov 21, as of today). From here you can select game(s) and add to be recorded. Note, on Nov 17, you can also mark to record the UConn Women's Basketball Preview show on SNY.

EDIT: it seems once the key word(s) are known, in this case "NCAAW Basketball", you can search without using the computer and save directly from whatever device you watch YouTube TV on...in my case ROKU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Turns out the game is on CBS Sports Live, but the same principle applies. I just added the team to my library. Now I don't have to sneak away from church early (which is hard to do since I am presiding).
MY bad! I knew that. Old habits are hard to break because I have SNY on all year long as SNY is also the TV home of my METS...which means that October is the only month there is nothing for me to see. :( I added the first Mets game of the year and YouTube TV then recorded EVERY SINGLE game for me for the entire year. And another BIG advantage is that if I came home say an hour after a game started and I turned the tube on to watch, it always ask if you want to watch the game from its current live position in the game, or from the beginning. I almost always chose the beginning because then I could fast forward through skipping commercials and eliminating the innings that I'd be better off not seeing. :eek: This works on all shows that are added to your library. I added everything that we watch, even the shows we watch live, because you never know.

I have found using my computer to find the shows/games I want to DVR on YouTube TV much easier to use, although I watch YouTube TV on the ROKU...
TRUE. And same here. :)

Reaction Score

I'm not sure I follow you. Perhaps there's a difference with YouTube TV on an Apple TV. I had no trouble finding today's game on CBS Sports Live and adding it to my library but I see no way of adding the team after I've done that. I then searched for next Saturday's game vs. Vanderbilt on SNY and added it to my library and still no way to add the team. I double-checked my Library/Sports section and UConn Women's Basketball wasn't added automatically. I also tried searching for Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball, UConn Huskies Women's Basketball, and UConn Women's Basketball and still nothing. Yet similar searches work for men's basketball and football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I couldn't find a way to add the team, but I was able to add NCAAW Basketball as a favorite. There aren't a ton of televised women's basketball games on YouTube TV so it's a manageable.

Also, I just discovered (maybe I'm behind the curve) that you can get pretty much full access through the WatchESPN App using YouTube TV as the provider. These games will not show up through YouTube TV directly (even though it's through ESPN), but still works great! I was able to watch several games over the weekend!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom