YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy

Reaction Score
Is the ACC Network optional or part of a plan? I think people in CT and most of New England, NYC, would love not to have to pay for the BTN, SEC, or ACCN. None of them are relevant to UConn fans.

Part of the plan, included with ESPN and ESPN 2. No additional charge.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
do you have to order a fire stick specifically with kodi, or can it being downloaded to an existing stick? I know absolutely nothing about this kind of stuff.
I had someone download it on an existing fire stick. There are how to's on internet or i am sure any college kid can or know someone.
I have 3 of them and watch nfl and movies et al.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I wouldn't judge a new service before it's launched. Also if any provider/service can pull this off its YouTube (aka Google).

I think they've it already.

It's only going to be available in the handful of places where Youtube has deals with affiliate partners and only via Chromecast device.

Reaction Score
Been there, done that.....Kodi gives you a million options over/above Sling and Amazon Fire Stick.

I agree on the million options in Kodi. For me at least, lot of the links/Add-ons have dead links. Kodi is not for everybody, somewhat tedious in the setups in adding Add-ons and so on.

Reaction Score
Kodi is certainly no solution for sports. Movies yeah - sports no way.

Sling is, with ESPN, ESPN2, ACC Network, FS1, etc...

Plus, USTV on Kodi gives you CBS, NBC and ABC. So, those channels are a go for sports.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think they've it already.

It's only going to be available in the handful of places where Youtube has deals with affiliate partners and only via Chromecast device.

That sucks. I went from really liking ChromeCast to just being annoyed by it's limitations, having to go through you're phone and use a different app for everything is annoying. Not to mention I've had two of them brick after updatees. I was going to look at using ChromeCast audio as a poor man's multi zone audio system, I'm probably going to just run wire instead... I'm running it anyway for Ethernet to take some of the load of my router.
The cold war between Amazon and Google gets annoying too.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Sling is, with ESPN, ESPN2, ACC Network, FS1, etc...

Plus, USTV on Kodi gives you CBS, NBC and ABC. So, those channels are a go for sports.

I added a cheap antenna for OTA TV. It's great for live sports on the major networks, I'm not 5 minutes behind like I am while streaming... plus no data usage.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy"

And yet we missed the train.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members