YouTube Link for U19 World Championship Games. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

YouTube Link for U19 World Championship Games.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 75-45 end of 3rd quarter.

Megan Walker has 9 points. Crystal has 10 Pts.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting note of something I've picked up. With this collection of USA players some are all about the game, making the next pass, getting the easier bucket. The "as long as WE score"

Whereas some players the moment they get the ball they go straight to the basket. Doesn't matter that there are 3-4 defenders around them and 3-4 open USA players have a better shot. Just an observation.

Reaction Score
Walker has a really smooth shot, nice touch. Her shot selection will need to be a bit better. Dangerfield has made some very sloppy passes. That's not like her. Oh well. I did get to see the both of them play.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Wins 95-58. Next up is China which should give Team USA a better game. However Team USA should easily win.

Stats/Box Score: FIBA Live Statistics

Megan Walker ended up with 15 points on 7- 14 shooting.

Reaction Score
Dangerfield 24:04min 2/06 (2ptrs) 2/5 (3ptrs) 2Reb 3 Ast 10pts
Megatron 14:29min 7/14(2ptrs) 1/2(3prts) 3Reb 1 Ast 15pts
C.Williams 10:09min 1/03(2ptrs) 0/0(3prts) 0Reb 0 Ast 3pts

Nice little warmup game. Sutton is going to be one to watch in addition to our 3 favs. I am keeping my eye on T.Harris and Jorner Holmes

Reaction Score
Enjoyed watching the game! I thought Crystal looked good- Megan, not sure what to think. Also impressed with Joyner-Holmes and Sutton- Richardson is feisty. Overbeck is reminiscent of McClaren(sp?)
Happy to feed my basketball void. Looking forward to some learned analysis-

Reaction Score
Teacherdeb-I agree with you about Megan. The numbers look good but her play was not really sharp as the numbers convey. Once it was a blowout she got a lot of layups.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
China plays Italy starting at 2:45. Both teams are in USA's group and USA plays China tomorrow.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting note of something I've picked up. With this collection of USA players some are all about the game, making the next pass, getting the easier bucket. The "as long as WE score"

Whereas some players the moment they get the ball they go straight to the basket. Doesn't matter that there are 3-4 defenders around them and 3-4 open USA players have a better shot. Just an observation.
If you are going to go that far you might as well call out names. I thought there were more situations where next pass was the wrong thing because it was not expected because these girls have only been together for a few practices.

Reaction Score
Danger's offense is tremendous. Her vision incomparable. Best probably as I've ever seen. Only DT has her ability to pass while some may also say Bird. Maybe. But still she did nothing defensively. Through 3 quarters-- not one steal. Not one defensive rebound not one tipped pass.

As far as Walker- she reminds me of Gabby. Not the power. But she does have more length and looks like an incredibly amazing fluid athlete.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
China beat Italy 74-63. They just might give USA a game as they have great size, play good defense and have a few shooters. They shot 8-26 on their three point shots. Their center is 6'9" and they have a couple of forwards that are in the 6'3" range. They are prone to turn the ball over if they are pressured. USA should win, but if they over look China, they can be beat.

Stats: China vs Italy FIBA Live Statistics

The China vs USA game, I believe will start at 12 Noon

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Games of Interest on Sunday if you're considering Medal Contenders.

France vs Canada 9:45
China vs USA 12:00 Noon
Russia vs Spain. 2:45 PM Maybe the Game of the Day.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Danger's offense is tremendous. Her vision incomparable. Best probably as I've ever seen. Only DT has her ability to pass while some may also say Bird. Maybe. But still she did nothing defensively. Through 3 quarters-- not one steal. Not one defensive rebound not one tipped pass.

As far as Walker- she reminds me of Gabby. Not the power. But she does have more length and looks like an incredibly amazing fluid athlete.
Good defense is judged by how well a player keeps the player they are guarding from doing what they want to do, going where they want to go and keeping themselves between that player and the basket. A player could have four steals, five rebounds and three tipped passes and allow the player they are guarding to score twenty points. That is not good defense. How many rebounds can a five foot six guard be expected to get in a game? Just saying.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I saw some nice, albeit subtle, defense out of Crystal. She had a few defensive possessions where she effectively shut down the passing lane for the preferred pass. One or two resulted in clock violations.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Walker's gonna have a very up and down freshmen year but she has the skills to be really good long-term. Love those mid-range jumpers off screens and curls. Once she realizes what shots to take and not to, and develops better finishing ability, she will be a load.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For some reason I don't think she will be as good as many on this board thinks she will be. I believe she has a lot of talent but I also believe she will be lacking in her ability to score and that will keep her from being as good as some thinks she will be. Now, I believe Coombs will be as good as some think Walker will be. I hope I am wrong about Walker. Of all the number one ranked players Uconn has signed recently, Walker may have as much overall talent but her offense does not seem to be on their level, imo.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Speaking of loads, Maria Vadeeva sparkled two years ago and she's back in this tourney. Had 17 points on 7-9 shooting, 6 boards, 2 assists, a steal, and a block in 17 minutes today.

I guess she's not going to college in the US. Too bad.

Reaction Score
Good defense is judged by how well a player keeps the player they are guarding from doing what they want to do, going where they want to go and keeping themselves between that player and the basket. A player could have four steals, five rebounds and three tipped passes and allow the player they are guarding to score twenty points. That is not good defense. How many rebounds can a five foot six guard be expected to get in a game? Just saying.

Just saying she didn't seem to do anything defensively. I realize one that attempts a lot of steals to give up many easy shots is poor but that doesn't mean you can't have any steals or tipped passes either. And I wasn't looking for her to grab 10 defensive rebounds but she didn't get any from what I saw. This doesn't mean I believe she will stink defensively. It's just that over at least the next two years I can't imagine a team will try to run with UCONN with an expectation to win. Or it would be a rare type of team with amazing guards.

However I can see teams look to slow the pace down and win trying to play ugly. If Danger's defense was "in your face" - I'd discount a team trying to do that. But this game it wasn't "in your face." It's okay if she isn't. Sue Bird was not an "in your face" fullcourt defender imo. She was an amazingly efficient offensive player and played good enough defense that nobody could abuse her. If Danger was like that - that would be fine. I was just expecting she'd be more "in your face." It's not like she is going against supreme players vs Maili. That's why I'm disappointed with no rebounds, or steals or tipped passes. As long as she doesn't get picked on defensively and offensively she becomes a beast, that would be fine. But she is very short therefore a potential problem.

As for Walker-- I'm not sure what to expect yet in terms of - I know she'll be at least good (but can she be great? How great?) -- would love to know how tall she actually is. She looked taller than I thought. I will say this-- if she could play a quick power forward like Gabby does, that means just like Gabby is able to use her athleticism and quickness vs other 4's- potentially she can be scary. I'm interested to see each year how tough she can become and how her lateral quickness is. She probably has a knack for scoring and if her defense evolves into "shutdown caliber" she'll be a beast.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

For those of us who are not able to view the games, don't be afraid to state who! I personally am not confident this staff is keen on emphasizing ball movement or help defense so your point out concerns will be helpful...Thanks.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
For some reason I don't think she will be as good as many on this board thinks she will be. I believe she has a lot of talent but I also believe she will be lacking in her ability to score and that will keep her from being as good as some thinks she will be. Now, I believe Coombs will be as good as some think Walker will be. I hope I am wrong about Walker. Of all the number one ranked players Uconn has signed recently, Walker may have as much overall talent but her offense does not seem to be on their level, imo.
If I may ask, how or what is prompting this view-i.e. What are you basing it on? This tournament? McDonald's AA games, Jordan Brand game? Or something else? You know we what evidence or facts here, not conjecture, especially of the negative type. Let us know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom