Youth Olympics 3x3 - (Boston, Bueckers, Brunelle, Van Lith) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Youth Olympics 3x3 - (Boston, Bueckers, Brunelle, Van Lith)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The #4 recruiter in the world!!

Associate Head and Post Coach Carole Owens was there for the Irish, so you can guess whom the focus was on.

BTW, Milford, CD is the #4 recruiter in the world. Who, in your opinion, are the top 3? (I can pretty well guess who one of them is...;))

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Post-game interview with the four gold medalists. Defensive intensity, team chemistry ("..we have a special bond off the court."), Kara Lawson (GOAT) and Argentine propensity for pics all brought up.

Reaction Score
Special bond off the court... something to think about.... doesn’t sound to promising!! Add that to chemistry on the court as well. I have a feeling that we just might lose out on Boston... the signs are beginning to look not in uconns favor

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Associate Head and Post Coach Carole Owens was there for the Irish, so you can guess whom the focus was on.

BTW, Milford, CD is the #4 recruiter in the world. Who, in your opinion, are the top 3? (I can pretty well guess who one of them is...;))
That #4 came from some ranking a few years ago. I don't recall who was ahead of her, but it wasn't anyone in WBB. It might have been Nick Saban and Steve Jobs. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Special bond off the court... something to think about.... doesn’t sound to promising!! Add that to chemistry on the court as well. I have a feeling that we just might lose out on Boston... the signs are beginning to look not in uconns favor
That's Brunelle saying that. Try not to worry.

Reaction Score

Not just Boston, but Bueckers and Fudd as well.

Reaction Score

Dillon77 just a question. Why would focus be on Boston? I would think ND already knows Ms. Boston qualifications. Could it be some other player (from other countries) ND wanted to evaluate? Same could be said of UConn. Again just a question.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

All right I've waited long enough! Really surprised that no one mentioned the religious reference by Paige-" All glory to the most high".
Even more surprised that some didn't take that and run with it as in -Paige is definitely headed to a religious affiliated college like Boston College or Villanova. Did those same people ever confirm if Paige is Catholic? Wait, what I'm saying you don't have to be Catholic to go BC or Nova. Besides UCONN has a perfectly good Catholic chapel on Campus.
1540388447697.png

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Alright I've waited long enough! Really surprised that no one mentioned the religious reference by Paige-" All glory to the most high".
Even more surprised that some didn't take that and run with it as in -Paige is definitely headed to a religious affiliated college like Boston College or Villanova. Did those same people ever confirm if Paige is Catholic? Wait, what I'm saying you don't have to be Catholic to go BC or Nova. Besides UCONN has a perfectly good Catholic chapel on Campus.
View attachment 35560
You should also note that Geno is a Catholic, and rumored to be on a first name basis with the Almighty...:rolleyes:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Dillon77 just a question. Why would focus be on Boston? I would think ND already knows Ms. Boston qualifications. Could it be some other player (from other countries) ND wanted to evaluate? Same could be said of UConn. Again just a question.

Stoli: ND has identified Aliyah Boston as the post they most want to come to ND in 2019 (and probably 2020 and 2021 if she was in those classes). Since UConn and South Carolina also have similar intent, I'm guessing MM and her staff decided to send the coach who is most going to work with Ms. Boston -- post coach Carol Owens -- to Buenos Aires.

Could they have been looking at some international talent, too? Maybe. But ND has not been inclined to venture recruiting outside of North America.

And it gives them an opportunity to show the colors for verbal commit Sam Brunelle (not signed until mid-November) and also show their face to Paige Bueckers. Since a college coach can't have face-to-face conversations with prospects and/or parents when they're off campus during this particular recruiting period, it seems a long way to go. But Boston seems to very much worth effort for the Irish, Huskies and Gamecocks (don't think I saw if the Buckeyes went south).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plenty of athletes profess their faith that don't attend Catholic or other religiously affiliated schools. Not sure how big of a factor that is for Bueckers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom